Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Would anyone be interested in pearl hair pins like these?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I may or may not have clipped one to my husband's hair. A few times. He said it makes him feel very pretty Gender shouldn't be a a barrier to pretty hair things!
    Lily, you almost had me talked into one of those! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    Lily, you almost had me talked into one of those! lol
    Keiris, I think I figured out how to make these flowers into necklaces and other jewelry if you'd prefer that! I'm out of beads right now but the next batch should include some interesting stuff for mermen!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Awesome Lily. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I think the flower pins in my hair would be a bit over the top for me.

I fell in love with the anime version of The Little Mermaid when I was a kid and always wanted one of her hair pins:

Recently I learned how to make cloth flowers, so I made these yesterday!

The first, simple one is on a lobster clip, though I'm thinking of using an actual hair pin like in the movie in the future, as they're more versatile. The second one, with the plants and netting, is on a French barrett clip. The flowers are around 3" (8cm) across. The center pearls are the same color on both of them but for some reason got washed out by lighting in the second pic. Everything is swim-safe, from the fabric to the plants to the glue, though I haven't tested them in prolonged chlorine exposure yet.

I want to eventually offer different sizes of flower and let you pick your pearl and fabric color, and maybe learn to make different types of flowers.

So... thoughts? I'm thinking the simple ones would be $12-15 and the more ornate ones $20-25.
    ZOMG that finished hairclip is GORGEOUS! that foliage and the pearl strings accent the flower so well
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Thanks, Mermaid Whisper! I'm working on a few more that will be going into my new Etsy shop next week I'm also working on a few new designs featuring different sizes of flowers, maybe mixing them all into more intricate pieces like hair combs and crowns.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    Thanks, Mermaid Whisper! I'm working on a few more that will be going into my new Etsy shop next week I'm also working on a few new designs featuring different sizes of flowers, maybe mixing them all into more intricate pieces like hair combs and crowns.
    Do let us know when they are up!

So I just got home from a looooong day at work and SQUEEEEE! there was a package waiting for me and omg I LOVE them so much!!!! I'll get pics as soon as I can and when I don't look like such a mess from almost a 12 hr shift. Oof! But yeah I just wanted to pop up to the surface and squee and let you know that the package made it and all in one piece! Love love love LOVE them!!! <3 XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! Please give me as much feedback as you'd like - being my first sale and all, I'd love to hear what you like and what could be improved.

Yay! I'm so glad you like them! Please give me as much feedback as you'd like - being my first sale and all, I'd love to hear what you like and what could be improved.
    Honestly I don't really have anything much to say about improving anything. I guess if I had to suggestion something, I would say include some bubble wrap for a little extra security since I've see some horrible things postal people have done with packages but other than that I'd say everything is perfect and I love it all so much. I love that you also included care instructions as well.

I also posted here for you http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...l=1#post187809

Senior Member Pod of Cali angelstarfish's Avatar

Follow angelstarfish on Tumblr Visit angelstarfish's Youtube Channel
    OMG NEED
    You were born wild. Never let them tame you." -Martha Graham

"Children of the sea,
    Lie down your heads to sleep
    As the maidens of the sea
    Carry you down to the deep

~Mermaid Lullaby

Quote Originally Posted by angelstarfish View Post
    OMG NEED
    same I think these are seriously stunning!
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

OH! And if you find any pearls that is more pinker like the top half of this image, I'd totally go for that version as well.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

All right everyone, the shop is up! I've got 5 of the ornate hair pins available and 6 classic (3 on lobster clips, 3 on pins)! Please come check it out!\

Here is what is currently available:

Last edited by Lily; 04-22-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Visit Talia's Youtube Channel
    I sent you a PM on Etsy

@SIN: What do you think of "Conch"? Is that the kind of pink you had in mind?

Already itching to get more pearls and make more pins, necklaces, maybe earrings with smaller flowers... THERE ARE TOO MANY COLORS I CAN'T DECIDE SOMEBODY HELP!

Hrmmmm....Conch is nice but I think I'm thinking of something more 'hot pink' in color.

Already itching to get more pearls and make more pins, necklaces, maybe earrings with smaller flowers... THERE ARE TOO MANY COLORS I CAN'T DECIDE SOMEBODY HELP!
    Omg i love all the colors!!!

These are water safe right? Did I already ask that?

Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty

Yes, they're water safe! I've tested everything in fresh water and it's all fine, but I haven't done extensive testing in chlorine yet. The pearls for sure are chlorine safe - I accidentally ran one through the washer with bleach!

I'm about to start making another batch, with 1" and 2" flowers in addition to the 3", and the first earrings and necklaces as well. Maybe even a headdress. Any color requests?

Like this one, maybe?

It's the brightest pink I could find!