Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where have you Dived?

Long Beach, Los Angeles, Hawaii, Turks & Caicos, Georgia Aquarium.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Sirenade's Avatar
    I did my PADI certification off of Laguna, CA and Catalina (and have since done MANY MANY dives off both). I did 2 trips to Hawaii in 2006 and 2007 and did dives off Maui, Honolulu and Kona (big island). My favorite was the Kona Manta Ray night dive because it was SOOOOO surreal!

Re: Where have you Dived?

I would love dive at any of these locations everyone has posted!!! So jealous! I've only dived a few times my certification dive for open water was in the Puget Sound, wa
    Cold water dices are awesome! So many plumose anemones, cabazones, dungeoness crabs, and on one of our dives we found a cute little sculpin! THOSE ARE AMAZING little Fish!
    I think that weekend one of our instructors went on a night dive and saw a six gill too!
    So amazing! I can't wait to do it again!
    But it is true, cold water dives are some of the best, especially in Washington ^_^

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

I have great experience of diving in Great Barrier Reef. I have been there about a year ago with my college fellows to enjoy our vacations. It is an ideal place to enjoy diving around the world. It contains a wide range of marine life.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Leira's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Leira on Facebook
    Did my open water Cape Patterson vic and lots of fresh water spots as a kid here too, Great Barrier Reef : mission beach , Hamilton Island Cairns on a live a board, Thailand , langkawi in Malaysia, Fiji mana island, going to Boracay in the Philippines and WA ningaloo next year
    Last edited by Mermaid Leira; 10-27-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    Florida Keyes, also some shipwrecks off of North Carolina. I've snorkeled in more places, like Molokini Crater in Maui, and the springs in Florida.

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Well, I got certified in the Baltic sea (western part, Hohwacht, between Kiel and Fehmarn), went to several lakes in Germany (Nordhausen, Löbejün, Leipzig, Hemmoor, Bodensee, just to name a few), Baltic sea area in Denmark (Gammel Aalbo, to be exact) and did several dive trips to Gozo (Malta), which I enjoyed so much!
    Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

MermanOliver, you have any experience of diving in Florida Keyes? I want to know about this region because one of my friends wants to go there for diving.

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Unfortunately not, though I really wish to dive there some day. The only time I've been to Florida was a weekend trip to Destin while visiting my father-in-law in Tennessee. I'm from Germany, and so most of my experience is the northern part of Europe and some Mediterranean .
    Sent from my phonebrick using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of the Southwest Vrindavana Starfish's Avatar
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish On Twitter Add Vrindavana Starfish on Facebook
    Follow Vrindavana Starfish on Tumblr Visit Vrindavana Starfish's Youtube Channel
    1. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park was a great spot, I also dove off of Islamorada and I think Marathon Keyes. If you go, those are good places to check out.

I've dove the Florida Keys! Key Largo (wrecks), Key West (wrecks), and Looe Key (reefs). It's beautiful! There are many dive operations to choose from depending on which sites you want to dive. I dove the Vandenburg and the Spiegel Grove in the keys.

I usually dive off Cape Ann in Massachusetts, but have also dove wrecks in the Great Lakes in Michigan, caverns in central Florida, Cozumel, Roatan, and the kelp forests in San Diego. I can't wait to get my first tail (ordered last month) and start diving and swimming with it!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Follow Mermaid Melusinah On Twitter Add Mermaid Melusinah on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Melusinah's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmadives View Post
    I've dove the Florida Keys! Key Largo (wrecks), Key West (wrecks), and Looe Key (reefs). It's beautiful! There are many dive operations to choose from depending on which sites you want to dive. I dove the Vandenburg and the Spiegel Grove in the keys.

I usually dive off Cape Ann in Massachusetts, but have also dove wrecks in the Great Lakes in Michigan, caverns in central Florida, Cozumel, Roatan, and the kelp forests in San Diego. I can't wait to get my first tail (ordered last month) and start diving and swimming with it!
    I LOVE the Keys! It's my place to SCUBA, lobster hunt and spearfish! Love me some hog snapper <3
    Anyways, when you are down that way again, dive with the crew on Duck Key. Dive Duck Key. Love them!! They are where I got certified at and genuinely just a GREAT bunch!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Melusinah View Post
    I LOVE the Keys! It's my place to SCUBA, lobster hunt and spearfish! Love me some hog snapper <3
    Anyways, when you are down that way again, dive with the crew on Duck Key. Dive Duck Key. Love them!! They are where I got certified at and genuinely just a GREAT bunch!!
    Thanks for the tip! My college friend has a place in Key West so I hope to visit again soon!

I live in SC, so most of my diving has been in the south. Barracuda Alley and the man-made reefs off the coast of SC are fun if the visibly is decent, but don't wear anything shiny!

I've done a few dives in Florida too. Crystal river, Key Largo, John Pennekamp State Park reefs, mangrove areas on the Gulf side of the Keys.

There's also this little scuba camp outside of Raleigh, NC, called Fantasy Lake, which is pretty awesome. It's a flooded rock quarry that's got sunken things scattered throughout, like a porthole boat and a VW bug. Depths up to 80ft. The gentleman that owns it is super nice, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did my open water dives (and later certified other divers) in a couple local lakes. I've also been diving in the Bahamas, Cozumel, and a couple shipwrecks in Lake Superior.

Haven't been diving in the Florida Keys, but I did snorkel there.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I've swam/snorkeled at the Great Barrier Reef. It was 9 years ago. I would love to go back again and swim in a tail one day.
    Formerly known as ireneho

I got my first certification (PADI) when we travelled to Thailand. Then I was just completely hooked Already next summer we (me and my hubby) got our PADI Aowd in Finland and after that we changed to CMAS. From CMAS I now have rescue diver-course and P3-Dive leader course, atm I'm in the Assistant Instructor course

So I have dived in Thailand, lots and lots of dives in Finland (especially here in Lapland) and also we have made three trips (all of them couple days) to northern Norway and dived in the Arctic Ocean. That's pretty spectacular place with all it's fishes, kelps and king crabs
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Where have you Dived?

Quote Originally Posted by nightdiver View Post
    I did my open water dives (and later certified other divers) in a couple local lakes. I've also been diving in the Bahamas, Cozumel, and a couple shipwrecks in Lake Superior.

Haven't been diving in the Florida Keys, but I did snorkel there.
    OOOOOO Shipwrecks in Lake Superior sound awesome! I would love to return to lake superior with dive gear.

I'm in Ohio, so most of the open water diving I've done has been in quarries. There are a few decent quarries around the state with good visibility and interesting things to see--including an old harley I've also dived in aquariums, both with scuba gear and as a mermaid. Way cool, and something I would love to do again. I'm currently on a wait list to be a volunteer diver at the local zoo. (Mostly meaning I would clean the acrylic, but I get to clean the acrylic and hang out with manatees

After freediving in the Bahamas. Peter opted to snorkel since he's not much of a water enthusiast

I'm the diver on the right (blue mask strap)

I'm the diver on the right. (Blue mask strap)
    Last edited by KateyMermaid; 07-07-2016 at 08:55 AM.
    Ohio's First Mermaid.
    Owner of The Ohio Mermaids
    Instagram: @KateyMermaid
    Katey Mermaid on Facebook
    Katey Mermaid Website
    Ohio Mermaids Website

I have dived in Indonesia (Bali) and Tunisia. It was beautiful and magical.

I got my Open Water certification by diving at a combination of the UAT at the Space and Rocket Center and a local quarry. I've also dived the Joe Patty Memorial Barge in Pensacola FL, which I highly recommend. It's like an underwater art gallery!