Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: North Pacific Pod Introductions!

Oh nevermind. See it in your profile. 😄 haha I think there are quite a few mers in Victoria! I'm envious!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I have never met any....but I literally decided this week to start hitting the pools and pursue it so I know nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Shell Bell View Post
    Hello pod! I am located in Seattle area and plan to be going swimming pretty regularly (every few weeks or so). Hopefully I can swim with some of you eventually!

There seem to be quite a few Eastern WA mers! I visit there occasionally, so if you ever plan a meet I might be down.
    Hi there! There are quite a few of us here in Seattle! If you have Facebook, check out Seattle Mermaids!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I'm from Oregon, Hood River to be exact, so on the boarder to Washington and close to Portland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Member North Pacific Pod Shell Bell's Avatar
    Add Shell Bell on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by The_MermaidBrianna View Post
    Hi there! There are quite a few of us here in Seattle! If you have Facebook, check out Seattle Mermaids!
    I was not aware of that group! Thanks for letting me know - I've just joined.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeniusUnicorn View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm from Oregon, Hood River to be exact, so on the boarder to Washington and close to Portland.
    Welcome to the pod! I know there are some mers down there, but I am not sure exactly where they are. I just know there are events too far south for me. Hopefully you can meet up with a few of them!

There is a Portland swim meet up later this month, as long as my body cooperates I plan on going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I am a teen mer who got into mermaiding about six months ago! I'm a newbie to this (obviously) and would love to see other merfolks in person someday!

EDIT: Forgot to mention... I hail from Oregon, about a thirty to forty minute drive to the Seaside/Cannon beach area.

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    Add Namielle on Facebook
    (Posted this in the intro thread, but wanted to also post it here where it's more relevant!)

This has been so overdue that I'm embarrassed to admit that I've actually been actively mermaiding somewhat professionally for over a year now but haven't actually introduced myself yet here. Forgive me! Part of that was because I was struggling with self-confidence issues and some social anxiety. But thanks to the mysteriously empowering effect that mermaiding has on most people, I was able to overcome those issues completely. So hello all you beautiful and inspiring mers! I hope I can find my place here among you all.

I'm Mermaid Yumi, a PNW based mermaid; living on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Together with my mersister Hannah, we perform for various local events, parties and even photoshoots. We've started to put together a little pod for our area and are also working with our local pool to open a mermaid school and fitness classes sometime within the next year. Honestly it amazes me how lucky we've been in this journey and we are so incredibly grateful for all the support and love our community, family and friends, have given us. We truly love our little Island! We strive to continue to give kids and adults alike opportunities to experience the joys and magic that comes with mermaiding. I originally started out with a few fabric tails from SwimTails and then saved up for a silicone hybrid Mertailor tail and I couldn't be happier. I hope to someday be blessed enough to have tails from all my favorite tail makers; seriously crossing my fingers!

Aside from mermaiding, I'm also a student of traditional Japanese dance, an avid gamer; both tabletop and console, and a proud mommy to a beautiful soon to be 3-year old girl! So that's just a little about myself, thanks for reading and it's a pleasure to meet you all. Here's some pictures I wanted to share.

Name:  17388842_1321656841252985_5126511880068341801_o.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  346.4 KB
    Name:  17192053_1310338029051533_5290018897531239705_o.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  245.8 KB
    Name:  17388922_1321656867919649_7736693572967416432_o.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  322.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    (Posted this in the intro thread, but wanted to also post it here where it's more relevant!)

This has been so overdue that I'm embarrassed to admit that I've actually been actively mermaiding somewhat professionally for over a year now but haven't actually introduced myself yet here. Forgive me! Part of that was because I was struggling with self-confidence issues and some social anxiety. But thanks to the mysteriously empowering effect that mermaiding has on most people, I was able to overcome those issues completely. So hello all you beautiful and inspiring mers! I hope I can find my place here among you all.

I'm Mermaid Yumi, a PNW based mermaid; living on Whidbey Island in Washington State. Together with my mersister Hannah, we perform for various local events, parties and even photoshoots. We've started to put together a little pod for our area and are also working with our local pool to open a mermaid school and fitness classes sometime within the next year. Honestly it amazes me how lucky we've been in this journey and we are so incredibly grateful for all the support and love our community, family and friends, have given us. We truly love our little Island! We strive to continue to give kids and adults alike opportunities to experience the joys and magic that comes with mermaiding. I originally started out with a few fabric tails from SwimTails and then saved up for a silicone hybrid Mertailor tail and I couldn't be happier. I hope to someday be blessed enough to have tails from all my favorite tail makers; seriously crossing my fingers!

Aside from mermaiding, I'm also a student of traditional Japanese dance, an avid gamer; both tabletop and console, and a proud mommy to a beautiful soon to be 3-year old girl! So that's just a little about myself, thanks for reading and it's a pleasure to meet you all. Here's some pictures I wanted to share.

Name:  17388842_1321656841252985_5126511880068341801_o.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  346.4 KB
    Name:  17192053_1310338029051533_5290018897531239705_o.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  245.8 KB
    Name:  17388922_1321656867919649_7736693572967416432_o.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  322.3 KB
    We love to visit Whidbey island! <3

If you want to go to MerMeet in Portland, I and three(?) other mermaids are meeting November 4th. <3

Junior Member North Pacific Pod
    Add Namielle on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    We love to visit Whidbey island! <3

If you want to go to MerMeet in Portland, I and three(?) other mermaids are meeting November 4th. <3
    Isn't it such a lovely Island~?
    Oh my gosh, I didn't even hear about a mermaid meetup so near! Do you have a link or something for more info? I'd love to go, but it depends on a lot of different factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yumi View Post
    Isn't it such a lovely Island~?
    Oh my gosh, I didn't even hear about a mermaid meetup so near! Do you have a link or something for more info? I'd love to go, but it depends on a lot of different factors.
    Here!
    https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...h-Pacific-Swim

hi, im a newcoMER on this mermaid social blade, my name is Cyan Bubbles and live in the portland-hillsboro area. i just wanna say hi hello and feel free to hit me up in threads or pms and possibly meet up to congregate and have a whale of a time.

why hello there im Merman Cyan and i just wanna say hi and maybe we could swim together^^ <3

Hello all I am new to the pod as well, Seattle area. (already requested to join the FB group) looking to meet new people around here.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    hello there, i am mermaid inanna. i am originally from the tri-cities in washington, but i now reside on the coast in aberdeen. i try to visit back home when i can, but for now i'm just the local grays harbor mermaid

i've been in my tail twice for rusty scupper's pirate daze in westport, and i also want to give a huge shoutout to ylluria watersong for inspiring me to be a mermaid in the first place <3
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Hello everyone! I'm Mermaid Tatum and I am quite happy to have finally joined this forum. I wanted to when it first started up but nerves got the best of me. A little bit about me when I was about 9 and made my first fabric tail. Since then I've only made two more. I am now FINALLY on my fourth tail, my lovely fiancee bought me a Mahina Monofin for my birthday yesterday and told me that whatever I needed to make it he would help me get it. He had watched me watch CourtneyMermaids videos on youtube and how fascinated I was by her technique. I'm from a little town called Lynden which is right next to the border into Canada and I am a 20 year old soon to be momma. I am looking for a pod close-ish to me to swim with on occasion!

Hello!! Mermaid in Kitsap, WA look for other Mers to create a pod in Kitsap. Local PinUp model changing gears to start mermaiding.

Hi! I just joined Mernetwork. I'm a Vancouver Island, Canada resident I'm super excited that there are so many mers around my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsinger View Post
    Hi! I just joined Mernetwork. I'm a Vancouver Island, Canada resident I'm super excited that there are so many mers around my area.
    Great to meet you! Join our facebook group Mermaids of BC to connect with other mers in your area!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Junior Member Pod of Texas merlen's Avatar
    Hi there, my name is Len, still kicking around mer names. I live in Portland OR with my husband (pirate lol) and hope to meet some mers in the area and swim around. I did a long post in the general introductions but thought a copy/past would be weird so just doing a basic “shello” here for my pod area. ^^; Hope to see people soon!
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~Gandhi