Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Mermaid Tail Creator/Customizer

Member North Pacific Pod Maclanahan's Avatar
    Follow Maclanahan On Twitter
    Follow Maclanahan on Tumblr

3D Mermaid Tail Creator/Customizer

Over the last month I've been working on a secret project and now I think it is time for it to enter beta.

So I present to you:

3D Mermaid Tail Maker

Hopefully it will help professional and amateur tail makers in realizing their designs.

Since this is in beta there are bound to be some issues.

This site requires an HTML 5 compatible browser and a decent video card. However, if you have purchased a laptop or phone within the last 4 years and everything is up to date it should be fine.

Depending on your internet connection textures may take some time to load.
    - If the tail is lacking scales, wait a little bit while the bump map loads.

Also, if the parts of the tail appear to either be all white or all black, select any hidden patterns or change a color it should fix that.

Please do not pester me about adding more styles of flukes, fins, or patterns. I am working on making more on my own, but this is a side project for me and I have little time to spare.

If something doesn't work, you can either reply to this thread, or send me a personal message through MerNetwork.
    PLEASE DO NOT POST THIS ANYWHERE ELSE, I AM NOT READY FOR IT TO BE FULLY RELEASED INTO THE WILD. Thank you!

If you have the time, could anyone who visits the site let me know if it works or not and include the info below?
    Type of Device used (PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, etc...)
    Browser used (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari, etc...)
    Operating System version (iOS 8, windows 7, Maverick, OSX, Ubuntu 4.4, etc...)

If you have any ideas that you would think would improve the experience (other than adding more options) please feel free to share and I will take them into consideration.

Thank you for trying it out, and please feel free to post any designs you come up with here.
    I will be keeping track of further progress here. Thank you again and have fun!

Here's an example:
    Name:  download.png
Views: 2399
Size:  184.2 KB
    Last edited by Maclanahan; 04-21-2015 at 10:40 PM.

I wanna try this when I get home!!! I like this idea
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    I wanna try this when I get home!!! I like this idea
    It should work on the phone!

lol I might.. possibly.. maybe.. be on Mernetwork on a school pc >.< *hehe*
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Maclanahan View Post
    It should work on the phone!
    But I will try it when I'm able I'd rather do it with WiFi than data, it uses credit

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    But I will try it when I'm able I'd rather do it with WiFi than data, it uses credit
    Understandable! I should probably step away from mernetwork instead of constantly refreshing the page.

>.< I mean I have to use phone data when not at my house, but I do have wifi there.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    It's awesome! I was helping out in the early stages and it's a fun thing to put your possible designs into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The options to change color and style appear but not the actual tail itself. I'm using an iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    The options to change color and style appear but not the actual tail itself. I'm using an iPhone 4s
    What version of iOS are you running? I do not think iOS7 and below support webGL / HTML 5.

I wish there were more options for fluke shape and options for spine fin and the other fins too cuz as it is right now yes it works well and you can design colors but thats about it and there are no options for patterns or anything for the main part of the tail.....

idk these are just some things I wish this tail maker thing had available...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    ^ he literally just asked you not to say that as this is early stages and he's planning that for future....I actually thought you were saying it to be funny at first but I see you're serious, lol

I think you're gonna revolutionize tail designing!

They are still working on it... So there will be more options eventually.

Here is what I came up with! I love how fast you can edit the colors and I love it how you are not limited on color choices.
    Name:  3dtail.jpg
Views: 2033
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  3dtailback.jpg
Size:  27.5 KB
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yah I had fun seeing the early stages!!

Now I REALLY want to try this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    They are still working on it... So there will be more options eventually.

Here is what I came up with! I love how fast you can edit the colors and I love it how you are not limited on color choices.
    Name:  3dtail.jpg
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  3dtailback.jpg
Size:  27.5 KB
    Also, those colors are awesome! Vibranttttt

I'll make some when I get home it's kindof addicting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC - Firefox - Win 7 ult - works just fine
    ...I had fun with this...Now I want one, lol. Though it feels weird not having stripes on the fin like my current tail, lol.
    Name:  tail1.png
Views: 2104
Size:  91.7 KB
    Edit: Not sure if this is plausible or not, but I didn't see a way to "save" swatches to make sure the colors of various pieces match exactly...

Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.02.13 PM.png
Views: 2064
Size:  140.1 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.13.14 PM.png
Views: 1994
Size:  154.4 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.13.07 PM.png
Views: 2044
Size:  125.4 KB
    woo!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Wow! This is awesome! Are you planning on adding more fluke shapes?

Once I start offering silicone, I'd be more than happy to let you add my fluke shapes
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+