Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Mermaid Tail Creator/Customizer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PC - Firefox - Win 7 ult - works just fine
    ...I had fun with this...Now I want one, lol. Though it feels weird not having stripes on the fin like my current tail, lol.
    Name:  tail1.png
Views: 3480
Size:  91.7 KB
    Edit: Not sure if this is plausible or not, but I didn't see a way to "save" swatches to make sure the colors of various pieces match exactly...

Member North Pacific Pod Maclanahan's Avatar
    Follow Maclanahan On Twitter
    Follow Maclanahan on Tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytroque View Post
    PC - Firefox - Win 7 ult - works just fine
    ...I had fun with this...Now I want one, lol. Though it feels weird not having stripes on the fin like my current tail, lol.
    Edit: Not sure if this is plausible or not, but I didn't see a way to "save" swatches to make sure the colors of various pieces match exactly...

Give it a try now, I think I implemented swatches correctly.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.02.13 PM.png
Views: 3539
Size:  140.1 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.13.14 PM.png
Views: 3366
Size:  154.4 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 11.13.07 PM.png
Views: 3458
Size:  125.4 KB
    woo!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Morticia Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Morticia Mermaid On Twitter Add Morticia Mermaid on Facebook Add Morticia Mermaid on Google+
    Visit Morticia Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Wow! This is awesome! Are you planning on adding more fluke shapes?

Once I start offering silicone, I'd be more than happy to let you add my fluke shapes
    I claim Pat 1001! ~Mermaid Morticia

Mermaid Tails and accessories available at ~ ♥Facebook- Siren's CallingGoogle+Website
    Morticia Mermaid FacebookGoogle+

There's no tail on the page???
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by OceanWhisper View Post
    There's no tail on the page???
    What browser are you using? And how old is your computer?

THIS IS SO FRIGGIN' COOL!! I would love to see this 'app' grow so it could be used for all type of tail(makers) U did an incredible job!

I've always wondered how my design would look in 3D; Thanks to you I can!

anyway i decided to hop onto the computer for it. i like it do far. plenty potential.

more fluke, spina, extra fins, extra patterns would be awesome. (Of course on your own time as it's a side project).

amazing so far!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Just a quick preview of the something new.

Name:  test.PNG
Views: 273
Size:  115.3 KB

Yup, the saved swatches are working now

awesome!
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

So I just made a design I've been thinking of for my next finfolk tail (which I probably won't order for another year or so since I'm adding fins to my current one), and needless to say my decision has been made and I'm going with this design for my next tail! It will probably have the Loreena fluke again though

I really want a brown tail with creams and whites as well
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Well it takes some work making more options and Maclanahan probably A.) Couldn't wait to share this with us even though it isn't done. B.) Wanted to see if so far everything was working for people such as things loading properly, colors working, etc. It is beta testing. It helps getting feedback especially early in the design process to make sure you are on the right track.

I forgot to say what I am using: I was able to view and use the tail creator and I am using a PC with Windows 7 and I am using internet explorer.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Hi Merida, I don't think we have met yet--welcome to the forum! The internet can be a tough place to read people's intonation and especially when people post a whole lot, sometimes we can get quick with writing our posts and they may come off to other people in a way they didn't mean. From the "lol" at the end I think Raina meant it as a friendly note rather than a harsh criticism, just from my own experiences with her and knowing she has a very kind heart. I know you didn't mean anything, either, by the notes in your post other than to mention something that could use working on. Please don't be too upset and try to reread the post in another light, with the understanding that Raina doesn't intentionally try and hurt people--sometimes online we have to use our understanding of what we know about the person's personality rather than base our feelings only on typed words that are so easily misread.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

the thing is this isnt the first nasty interaction I have had with her and she absolutely comes across as bitchy, mean and abrasive. Also I did read the original post and actually didnt see the bit about no options posts until I had posted what I did and then went back and reread the original post.

Im sick of having to defend myself so if anyone wants to discuss this further send me a PM otherwise Im done with this thread sorry

KUMBAYA, YOU MURRRS... KUMBAYA.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Oh... So neat!!!

I can't draw perfectly both sides of a tail... Even the one side in a line drawing takes me several tries to get right. This software is perfect!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Love this so much!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    Chesapeake Pod

Add Nadine Persing on Facebook
    I'm new here.... and ya know what... i wanted this to be my escape from the world of nasty drama but i can tell you I've found so much drama on here that i don't know why EVERYTHING THAT INVOLVES WOMEN HAS TO INVOLVE NASTINESS, JEALOUSY, COMPETITION etc why can't everyone just be nice??? why do people have to feel the need to call people out on their faults ect if it has nothing to do with them or it isn't hurting anyone??? i don't think raina was trying to be mean.... but merida made an honest mistake and i can see how the first sentence does come off as like seriously dude do you not have a brain??? so i can see where she would be offended... then again like i said why all the drama, why all the bosses around here??? i just don't get it... THIS IS OUR WORLD... atleast thats what i wanted it to be...... and still do... i don't want to have to fight to stay afloat or peaceful in our world... if i wanted reality id just stay in the everyday world who thinks mermaiding is a joke, id just keep the same old dull friends job etc and not try to finally do what i wanted for once and get away from the competitive nasty corporate run world........ and i say women bc I'm a nurse this happens at work it makes me gag and in mommy groups.... they r the worst and the first to tell you how you are effing up your kid..... mermaids and mermen should just flow together peacefully and w the most fun ever.....cant we all just be equal loving and peaceful here....??? aren't you sick of the real world enough to want to escape in your tail???

Nadine chill.
    1) gender of the person does not matter when it comes to drama. Drama is everywhere no matter what group you're in. You just have to know how to deal with it.
    2) in Raina's defense she was reminding another mer to read before posting
    3) in Merida's defense she missed it and it was a one off accident.
    4) keep floating around. You'd be surprised that There hasn't been a lot of massive drama these days. (Meryuku anyone?)
    5) kumbaya