Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Mermaid Tail Creator/Customizer

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    ^ Agreed. No one meant any malice here. There was overreaction, but that happens. Text is hard to intone. And, as often happens, people only seem to notice the drama because it is the loudest. Dig a little deeper and you'll see that this is actually a really calm, helpful, and loving community.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    Nadine chill.
    1) gender of the person does not matter when it comes to drama. Drama is everywhere no matter what group you're in. You just have to know how to deal with it.
    2) in Raina's defense she was reminding another mer to read before posting
    3) in Merida's defense she missed it and it was a one off accident.
    4) keep floating around. You'd be surprised that There hasn't been a lot of massive drama these days. (Meryuku anyone?)
    5) kumbaya
    and again with the rude responses holy god.... dont tell Nadine to chill she has as much right to say her piece as anyone here. Raina has come off as rude to me on more than one occasion and this just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back. Also Nadine is right there are a lot of bossy people on here you included because look how you have responded to both me and Nadine. ugh I told myself I wasnt going to post on this thread anymore but look what happened -___-

Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    Chesapeake Pod

Add Nadine Persing on Facebook
    yes i always try to be positive but the problem that I'm seeing in many threads that a lot of the "senior" menfolk here don't seem to be accepting is the fact that some of the "newer" people just have a problem with how they are addressed, talked down to if you will..... if you look at what i posted there wasn't one rude comment in what i said at all... that being said, i personally do not like someone telling me to chill... its rude in many ways, just as one person has the right to speak their mind so does everyone else... i was letting everyone know IN A NICE WAY WITH OUT THE ADDED EXTRAS LIKE CHILL..... SO as someone who is an adult i need to just remind everyone that this may be a forum, no one, owns it really, yes this is the internet BUT EVERYONE DESERVES RESPECT, and personally i respect the person who kindly stands up for herself or himself... you don't need to add the little NOT SO NICE THINGS IN THE LIKE CHILL .... talking down to someone is never going to get you respect FROM SOMEONE RESPECTFUL...... and i also have to say like some of you would kindly remind us new folk of I DID READ MANY THREADS AND THERES SO MUCH DRAMA NASTINESS AND BELITTLING THAT IT WAS WORTH MENTIONING FURTHER TO REMIND THE ONES WHO SEEM TO JUST BE FLOATING AROUND WITH BLINDERS ON, if you want new people to join this community you just need to be nice, THATS IT, you don't have to talk to people like they are in preschool .... SECONDLY AS I STATED IM A NURSE AND HAVE BEEN SO FOR 15YRS.... and I'm sorry to say that there is MUCH MORE DRAMA IN PROFESSIONS AND PLACES THAT ARE PREDOMINATELY WOMEN... SO AGAIN I WASNT TRYING TO BE A JERK ITS JUST TO REMIND EVERYONE OF THE FACT THAT WE NEED MOVE PAST IT SOMEHOW OR RECOGNIZE IT AND JUST SAY SORRY SOMETIMES TO EACH OTHER.....

Ok HOW ABOUT we get back to the point of this forum and talk about how awesome this tail creator is? Drama gets us nowhere and to be honest I think Raina wasn't being mean at all. It's all about the tone you read it in
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    To be fair you really need to give it more than one month and ten posts before declaring it a den of dramatic discourse. Many of us are close friends and this forum is a place we come to enjoy one another's company. Drama tends to arrise when people who don't even know people's personalities yet feel the need to make a public post that pretty much calls everyone the b-word. If you are so unhappy you feel the need to make that kind of harsh post, well, there is an x in the corner if you don't like it here. No need to bash everyone, particularly the people who have taken the time to give people a chance and get to know everyone's individual personalities.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirenia View Post
    Ok HOW ABOUT we get back to the point of this forum and talk about how awesome this tail creator is? Drama gets us nowhere and to be honest I think Raina wasn't being mean at all. It's all about the tone you read it in
    ^agreed!
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

Chesapeake Pod

"and again with the rude responses holy god.... dont tell Nadine to chill she has as much right to say her piece as anyone here. Raina has come off as rude to me on more than one occasion and this just happened to be the straw that broke the camels back. Also Nadine is right there are a lot of bossy people on here you included because look how you have responded to both me and Nadine. ugh I told myself I wasn't going to post on this thread anymore but look what happened -___-"

I DONT THINK THEY GET IT AT ALL BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE IS THAT NOT ALL OF THE PEOPLE HERE ARE LIKE THIS..... SO thats a POSITIVE, again i wasn't rude and I'm an adult and don't need someone telling me to chill bc more than likely you're looking for drama to start and who's gonna win at that game...i know who and thats what matters... ITS ALL ABOUT HOW YOU SPEAK TO PEOPLE... as an ICU nurse of 15 yrs i have had to perfect ways of speaking to different people.... I WOULD NEVER speak to strangers or friends the way many of you have... whether you are bothered by the new "ignorant, stupid, childish" merfolk around here
    does"t give any of the senior merfolk the right to talk to the "newbies" disrespectfully.... They may be new but many of them have been all around back and forth and they come with lots of talent gifts and love to offer... when you speak to them like they are lower than you, its rude no matter how annoyed you are... if someone asks the same question as someone else or misses something another one say it doesn't give you the right to say "are you serious? We just talked about this 150 days ago".. it also doesn't give you the right to say "chill" Do you kind of get what I'm trying to say here??? its like as if i just turned my question around and said it this way " DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?" do you see the difference, thats all thats being said is to be kind not condescending... as cinderella mom would say have courage and be kind.... VERY SMART WORDS TO LIVE BY.... and you don't have to post more than 10 threds to read well past 50....

this was my original post to this thread... it wasn't rude, i stated that neither girl was meaning to be mean, yet I'm told to chill, and thats ok?? really?? thats the point us new people have been trying to make here and its just not getting through thats its not very kind or welcoming....
    I'm new here.... and ya know what... i wanted this to be my escape from the world of nasty drama but i can tell you I've found so much drama on here that i don't know why EVERYTHING THAT INVOLVES WOMEN HAS TO INVOLVE NASTINESS, JEALOUSY, COMPETITION etc why can't everyone just be nice??? why do people have to feel the need to call people out on their faults ect if it has nothing to do with them or it isn't hurting anyone??? i don't think raina was trying to be mean.... but merida made an honest mistake and i can see how the first sentence does come off as like seriously dude do you not have a brain??? so i can see where she would be offended... then again like i said why all the drama, why all the bosses around here??? i just don't get it... THIS IS OUR WORLD... atleast thats what i wanted it to be...... and still do... i don't want to have to fight to stay afloat or peaceful in our world... if i wanted reality id just stay in the everyday world who thinks mermaiding is a joke, id just keep the same old dull friends job etc and not try to finally do what i wanted for once and get away from the competitive nasty corporate run world........ and i say women bc I'm a nurse this happens at work it makes me gag and in mommy groups.... they r the worst and the first to tell you how you are effing up your kid..... mermaids and mermen should just flow together peacefully and w the most fun ever.....cant we all just be equal loving and peaceful here....??? aren't you sick of the real world enough to want to escape in your tail???

Last edited by Nadine Persing; 04-23-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    I think this thread has steered way off topic. Mods, perhaps you want to move part of it to the Drama Thread? This really should stay dedicated to the AMAZING 3D tailmaking software! (Which totally rocks my mermaid socks, btw!)

Chesapeake Pod

WOW thats all i have left for this and a big have a beautiful morning everyone, have to sleep to work the night shift, nice chatting with everyone....

THE TAIL CREATOR IS AWESOME BTW CUDOS FOR ALL THAT HARD WORK AND DEDICATION

you people need to stop just brushing this off and sweeping it under the rug but whatever I'm done with this and Nadine if I was you I would ditch this thread too because its not worth it. We can just keep to ourselves if the senior members feel like we are intruding on thier turf which there is a thread devoted to what appears to be (I've read it) complaining about new members coming in and the dynamic changing.

If anything there should be a newish mers area for us to be in or something.... idk ....

Chesapeake Pod

is there really a three like that???? seriously??? I'm not even going to bother reading it....its trash in my water and i don't like and will not swim with trash.... ill keep swimming around the nice menfolk i see on here instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Persing View Post
    is there really a three like that???? seriously??? I'm not even going to bother reading it....its trash in my water and i don't like and will not swim with trash.... ill keep swimming around the nice menfolk i see on here instead...
    no there isn't, unless she's digging up something from a long time ago in the drama thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

I just want to add that the software which this thread is actually about is pretty amazing and I cant wait to see the finished product

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    no there isn't, unless she's digging up something from a long time ago in the drama thread.

are you kidding me? there is a thread dedicated to it! Its called the change in our community or something I literally just looked at it two minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidMerida View Post
    are you kidding me? there is a thread dedicated to it! Its called the change in our community or something I literally just looked at it two minutes ago
    you're misinterpreting the thread

user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    you're misinterpreting the thread

Um how so? all that thread is is ya'll going on about how all of us new mers are changing everything and how you miss how it was now I see that that thread is conveniently missing -___-

Chesapeake Pod

OK OK OK I DID READ SOME OF IT... i said i wouldn't read it but then someone above had to try and make another look stupid by saying it didn't exist when it does, and it doesn't matter how you take it, the fact is others take it not so nice, so this world that was created here isn't flawed by the new people its flawed by the ones resistant to change and have blinders on....... SOOOOOO this is what i now see.....i don't use blinders.... I SEE some who are looking for drama with all of their ENTITLED COMMENTS ABOUT BEING HERE FOR SO LONG ETC... i can't believe any people would seek money on here and anyone to fall for that is just WELL I HAVE NO WORDS ID RATHER CHOOSE KINDNESS....and i see others who just want to be friendly and have fun , hi ya all they don't like this drama at all I'm sure which is why you don't see the good ones post nasty comments or call people out on mistakes and such seeking the drama... SO THERES HOPE you just have to smell crap where theres crap and stay out of the polluted waters... not all pretty mermaids are pretty inside and out.... so since this community is so large and keeps growing like many have stated, just choose which one to be friends with, let them in your world and stay clear of the rotting ones... senior doesn't mean awesome always, it can go many ways... golden and special or old and rotting..... just stay out of polluted waters....theres lots of good to be had...
    Last edited by Nadine Persing; 04-23-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Persing View Post
    OK OK OK I DID READ SOME OF IT... this is what i now see..... I SEE some who are looking for dram, and others who just want to be friendly and have fun, and don't like this drama at all... SO THERES HOPE you just have to sell crap where theres crap and stay out of the polluted waters... not all pretty mermaids are pretty inside and out.... so since this community is so large and keeps growing like many have stated, just choose which one to be friends with, let them in your world and stay clear of the rotting ones... senior doesn't mean awesome always, it can go many ways... golden and special or old and rotting..... just stay out of polluted waters....
    That's nasty. Why'd you have to be so bitter?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Please go read my latest post on that thread--I would be very grateful. I don't feel comfortable replying to you here as this thread has become VERY off topic which is not fair at all to the OP. But the general gist of my post on that thread is that we DO want new members, so I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to read it. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    That's nasty. Why'd you have to be so bitter?
    shes being that way because of how some of the older members have treated some of the newer but I'm done with this thread and the drama. I reacted to Raina the way I did because thats not the first time she has made a nasty comment towards me but I let it escalate and thats not okay so Im sorry for that. Nadine hun I get where you are coming from but its time to swim away from this thread and just be happy Mers okay?

I really am done with this thread now because I have an eight hour shift at the museum I work at today/night so I'll see ya'll later