Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Syren Studios - do you hear the syren song?

I'm happy you're on your way back.

Here's a little preview of the new fluke I'm working on, as well as my new tail...

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I love it!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Oh wow. That looks great

Sent from my shellphone.

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Beautiful! Love it!

SOLD

Last edited by Lily; 03-25-2018 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Here's a little preview of the new fluke I'm working on, as well as my new tail...

That is gorgeous!

Sent from my SM-J700T using MerNetwork mobile app

Working on some crown-style hair accessories and want to have them secure with a band of elastic under the hair. If you were to wear something like that, would you prefer a nude elastic or one that's sparkly and mermaid color (blue, aqua, coral, etc)?

Working on some crown-style hair accessories and want to have them secure with a band of elastic under the hair. If you were to wear something like that, would you prefer a nude elastic or one that's sparkly and mermaid color (blue, aqua, coral, etc)?
    For me, I'd want something close to my hair color or nude.

I agree, my hair is black so maybe black or nude. If I have aqua extensions maybe it would be cool to go with something close to that. I love that you're designing your own things! I hope to start making some for myself soon

Sent from my SM-J700T using MerNetwork mobile app

Thanks for the recommendations for elastic, guys. I ordered a HUGE spool of nude elastic so I'll be able to make a ton of headdresses! Here's the first one!

Features faux flowers and greenery with Swarovski crystals and pearls, and real seashell accents. Remarkably lightweight and secures with a stretchy elastic band under the hair. Netting is great for keeping your hair out of your face underwater!*

Price is $120 +shipping. DM for info!

*Piece is swim safe but does use metal components. Always dry thoroughly after swimming. Prolonged chlorine exposure may fade flowers. Rinse with baking soda solution after using in chlorine. Uses plastic armature - do not expose to temperatures over 110F! (Sorry, no hottubs!)

I'm currently making a Moana-inspired piece with sparkly blue abalone, red silk hibiscus flowers, beaded macrame components, so stay tuned!

Last edited by Lily; 04-14-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Love those abalone!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

So happy to see your making things again =D Happily going to be stalking you and your work actively now!

Thanks for the recommendations for elastic, guys. I ordered a HUGE spool of nude elastic so I'll be able to make a ton of headdresses! Here's the first one!

Features faux flowers and greenery with Swarovski crystals and pearls, and real seashell accents. Remarkably lightweight and secures with a stretchy elastic band under the hair. Netting is great for keeping your hair out of your face underwater!*

Price is $120 +shipping. DM for info!

*Piece is swim safe but does use metal components. Always dry thoroughly after swimming. Prolonged chlorine exposure may fade flowers. Rinse with baking soda solution after using in chlorine. Uses plastic armature - do not expose to temperatures over 110F! (Sorry, no hottubs!)

I'm currently making a Moana-inspired piece with sparkly blue abalone, red silk hibiscus flowers, beaded macrame components, so stay tuned!

That head piece is GORGEOUS!!!!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Hey everyone! I wanted to give you a little update on where I am in re-opening my studio.

So the little merling is now 3 1/2 (where does the time go!?) and will be going to preschool in the mornings starting in April. This means I'll have mornings to actually work on mermaid stuff for real! I am currently revamping my original textured scale sheet (the Syren scale) and making a new one I'm calling the Naiad scale. You can see them here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B810XnBnHvm/ - Syren is the top, Naiad is the bottom. I'm about halfway done with the Naiad sheet and 1/3 done with the Syren. I'd forgotten how long these sheets take to make! I won't be able to take tail orders for the new styles until they're done, but the original scale style is still available. See here https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Kha7NnDRe/, the original scale is the top one with the two new ones for comparison. The new scales are much thinner, so the tails made with them will be lighter and fit more tightly. I've had some clients say that they get a waist gap while swimming in their tails so I'm doing everything possible to combat that, including making the waist smaller in the back so that it hugs more closely to the natural curve of the spine.

Since my time is more limited, and material prices have gone up (seriously, monofins are twice what they used to be!), I will be raising my prices to $2500 for a silicone tail. I'm still hammering out the details of what the new prices will be for accessory fins, but those will be going up as well. I've also found a new material that I hope will make for a better blended waist, as well as working on a sculpt for a scale fade that can be added to the waist of the tail to create a smooth transition from scale to skin. This will all have to be tested on a willing mermaid guinea pig (fin-ny pig???) so the very first tail made with it will receive the upgrade for free. I can also use this new, nearly clear material to make transparent fin tips, which is super exciting!

I've completed sculpts and molds for a seaweed-style top and will be making the prototype as soon as my funds come through (shuffling some stuff between banks at the moment, which is a serious headache!).

Basically there's a lot going on right now but I'm working towards re-opening the first week of April and having the new scale types available shortly after that. Please follow me on instagram and FB (links in my signature) for more updates. I will also be posting here more regularly for visibility and exposure.

LISTEN UP MY LOVELIES, HUGE NEWS!!!!

I will be reopening for commissions on June 1st! I have all new scales and am even working on a few surprises Please follow me on instgram @syrenstudios for all the news. I AM SO EXCITED TO MAKE TAILS AGAIN OMG

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Marinus Mortimer on Facebook
    Visit Marinus Mortimer's Youtube Channel

Syren Studios - do you hear the syren song?

Yayyy can’t wait to see all your lovely art on my IG feed again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Marinus Mortimer; 05-28-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Swoon didn’t work like on mernetwork app lol 😅
    Marinus Mortimer
    formerly known as:
    Merman Marinus