Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Syren Studios - do you hear the syren song?

just sent it
    The SeaGlass Siren

What Seavanna said.

I really really hope you get over the "new tailmaker" stadium without drama, because your designs are unique to the market.
    Be confident but not cocky.

I have to say too, that your ordering documents look really professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Seavanna View Post
    I think what people really mean is that, unfortunately, it is going to be difficult to find anyone who isn't a newer mer to give you that chance at first, not because we don't believe you are absolutely capable of making an awesome career of this but rather because we have seen HORRIBLE tragedies happen where tailmakers that seemed super trustworthy and awesome took people for thousands and thousands of dollars, not because they were scammers but because they got in over their heads and decided to run. It has happened SO many times and reading the threads can bring tears to your eyes. People's entire savings were wiped out, all their mermaid dreams destroyed... We have seen some REALLY bad stuff happen in this community. There are a few people--Pearlie Mae is really the only example I can think of--who spent SO long documenting every step of their tail making journeys over multiple years (including the many, many failures that happened to them) that people are more trusting of. But her tail making process was something like two years long and she ran into tons of problems that she fixed. Problems that would have happened to a client's tail had she taken orders within just a few months. It's not you personally that people are referring to, it's just a general fear because of all the scars of what has happened before. We WANT you to succeed and we have seen other people fail badly because they moved too soon on selling tails, ruining their reputations forever. One bad review is more powerful than ten good reviews. So please, don't take any of the comments personally. We just don't want to see anymore sad happenings and want to try and protect both tailmakers and buyers. You absolutely deserve a chance... But unfortunately because of what has happened in the past it would help your business times a thousand to make a few more tails before selling them, if nothing else than for the comfort of your target niche who has been sooo badly hurt before.
    ^This. I didn't mean for it to come out hurtful, just thinking from a business and marketing standpoint. Heck, (and I'd hate to use this as an example) even Jesse made a free tail for Raina to work out the kinks for potential clients before he started selling tails to customers. In the end, he took too many orders, mixed business and personal accounts, didn't follow up with customers, amongst a myriad of rookie business mistakes which led to his undoing. We don't want you to go in the same direction, for your sake and for the customers' sakes.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

ladies and gentlemers... i am officially her first custo-mer :P
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    ladies and gentlemers... i am officially her first custo-mer :P
    Exciting! Which flukeshape did you choose?

i chose nymph. also picked out one pair of ankle fins (the thinner ones)

it'll be easier to lift
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    How long to you think you'll be taking orders?
    Ive been fallowing the making of your tail and its beautiful
    ive was jumping between a tail from Finfolk or to bite the bullet and see if i could make the waiting list for Merbellas
    now looks like i'll have to add Syren Studios to my list
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Good luck to you, Lily! Your work is so impressive you are well on your way!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    This looks great. I really hope things take off for you. I'll be messaging you~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my fishgod guyyys...

The sketch for my tail is absolute divinity. I want to share it 0-0 but I want to keep it a surpriiiiseee

Like seriously though. I think we have a budding pro on our hands

Really wish I had the money to put towards a tail at all... I'm in love with your Phoebe fluke design and the video on your instragram of the tail you made looks great Good luck, Lily!

Ankle fins just finished!! She's still working on the fluke. Totes excited!!

Wow, she's moving right along huh! Can't wait to see the design come to life! I would take the offer if I had the money too.

I'll share the pic tonight when I get the chance. Lunch break on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Calypso View Post
    How long to you think you'll be taking orders?
    Ive been fallowing the making of your tail and its beautiful
    ive was jumping between a tail from Finfolk or to bite the bullet and see if i could make the waiting list for Merbellas
    now looks like i'll have to add Syren Studios to my list
    Is it weird that the very idea I could be on a list with Finfolk and Merbellas is making so excited I'm nauseous right now?

But to answer your question, I'll be taking tail orders for at least the next 3-6 months as I figure out if I can turn it into a sustainable business.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I messaged you

THIS IS MY BABY. OH MY GOD.

i feel like i just got an ultrasound.
    The SeaGlass Siren

AHH! Those are adorable fins!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Those fins are so cute! They look so delicate and freshwater-y.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk