Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Syren Studios - do you hear the syren song?

I love those fins!! they look like little fairy wings or something so dainty
    Almost done making my first ​tail!!! -progress pictures at http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?9784-Excited!-P-might-make-a-tail-tips&p=195098#post195098
    -Friends come and go like waves of the ocean, but true ones stay like an octopus on your face-Unknown

I'm pretty interested to see how this works out-- I do agree with some of the others who have said that it seems a bit early to start taking tail orders, but at the same time, you have a lot of potential and for someone who's just starting out, your work really is beautiful. I'm cautious, but I've got my fingers crossed for you!

That said, I really think that the safest route to go, in this instance, is to maybe only take orders one at a time for a while, until you've got a few customers testing your product and can work out the kinks. Then from there start considering taking on more orders once you've got the process down a bit better. Like others have mentioned, new tailmakers have ended up completely screwing themselves over by taking on too many orders, getting overwhelmed and burning themselves out and then disappearing.

Best of luck, in any case! The last tail you made was incredible, so I'm really excited to see how SeaGlass's tail comes out! <3

I feel like this is my baby and lily is delivering said baby.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Prince Calypso's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Is it weird that the very idea I could be on a list with Finfolk and Merbellas is making so excited I'm nauseous right now?

But to answer your question, I'll be taking tail orders for at least the next 3-6 months as I figure out if I can turn it into a sustainable business.

hopefully you can make this into a lucrative business. it will give me hope for when i start making tails as well and give me a bit more time to save up the cash to place an order I've kinda already estimated out what the price of my tail might be and have the fluke and fins picked out as well as the color. to lets keep fingers crossed. I'm rooting for you!
    Little Sailor, Little fool, your better heed the golden rule
    do unto other just as you, would like to to have them do to you
    you think you can just walk away,but no, it doesn't work that way
    see once your mine, your'll always be
    I never give anything for free...

if anything you can always take 5 orders at a time like Raven does. Or create a wait-list. we have faith
    The SeaGlass Siren

She is casting my tail today!! Eep!! Le finis competitor monofin and pigment came in as well so she's pretty much set to start!
    I've also requested her to give me a sparkletastic tail as opposed to having it on just the white bits.
    Because I'm all about that bling, bout that bling, and sparkle ~

Hi there! Wishing u all the best! Your first tail looked really impressive! I hope everything works out for you.

updatish thing:

Lily has assembled le ankle fins and half of my fluke today, and she might me finished with it tonight or tomorrow. she also says she might be able to start seaming my baby together over the weekend. YAYYY! Painting may start late next week or following week.
    TOTES EXCITED!!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Aw so excited for you! The fins posted earlier are so cute
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

The SeaGlass Siren

OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD GUYYYYSSS !! LOOK!!

Attachment 30054

the first images is before she put on the fairydust oh my god she is gorgeousss
    The SeaGlass Siren

Wow, she works fast! It's beautiful!

I love how vocal she is too and is constantly updating me on everything. The seams are the most tedious, so out of respect for me and so that i dont freak out about lack of communication, she forewarned me that if i dont hear back from her it's because she's freaking out about the seams quietly :P
    The SeaGlass Siren

Pretty!
    Reminds me of my colorscheme!

:B THANKYOUU <3

yulia what does yours look like? :0 Is it on any of the threads?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    :B THANKYOUU <3

yulia what does yours look like? :0 Is it on any of the threads?
    You can check the Tigg's Tails thread or my Instagram! @MermaidYulia

that sparkle though !!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Looking good So excited for you, SeaGlass! I can't wait to see it completed.
    When I saw the update to this thread I literally wiggled in my chair, haha!

I'm quite happy with the way it's turning out :')
    The SeaGlass Siren