Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Syren Studios - do you hear the syren song?

Quote Originally Posted by Calizaire View Post
    It's very short, (the pool was so dark and the footage was so grainy) But here's a few seconds of my first swim in my new tail.
    Love my flowy fluke!!

https://youtu.be/qiNWt3lfok0
    Uh, I think I speak for all of us when I say

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  115.8 KB

:heavy breathing intensifies:
    The SeaGlass Siren

Oh my god yes Lily, exactly what I was thinking haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    I second the motion! (or 3rd I suppose)

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

My fluke got torn last weekend! I'm heartbroken and won't swim in it again until I can get it fixed.
    I seriously cry everytime I think about it.

Oh my goodness how did it happen? Did syren studios make your tail?

I'm angry at myself because my tail is so new and I already effed it up. I was in a cart with my fluke pressed against it, was being wheeled around an event for a couple of hours, flipping my tail up and down. I think the pressure against the side of the cart made the tears around the monofin.
    Yes, it's a Syren Studios tail. I love it so much, it's gorgeous.
    I have a tailmaker friend who's going to fix if for me next weekend. Lily was wonderful, she sent me the pigments for the fix!

I hope Lily and her little merling are doing well and enjoying her Mertinity leave. I am very excited to her possible return to tail making next year though. I finally have been able to save up enough for my tail.

Senior Member Pod of Cali RomanLaveau's Avatar
    Add RomanLaveau on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    I hope Lily and her little merling are doing well and enjoying her Mertinity leave. I am very excited to her possible return to tail making next year though. I finally have been able to save up enough for my tail.
    Ahhhhhh I'm so excited for you, We're gonna be Mersiblingsss
    Something Wicked this way comes...

My SS rainbow tail is for sale in the classifieds section for anyone interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    FB & IG @courtofmermaids & @merfairycelestiapearl
    CourtofMermaids.com
    ✨✨✨Be the Magic✨✨✨

I stopped getting notifications and forgot MN existed for a bit there </3 missed you guys! How is everything?!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanLaveau View Post
    Ahhhhhh I'm so excited for you, We're gonna be Mersiblingsss
    Can't wait. Maybe I will even be lucky enough to have it by Kelpstock next year.

So for those of you lucky enough to be in the SyrenStudios Family. How are you enjoying your tails after the summer/fall season and all that swim time? Any feedback you can offer us about how they swim other that beautifully fluid?

Hey everyone! I know it's been aaaaaaages since I posted but I wanted to give you a quick update!

My little merling Aurora arrived on September 14 and I am so in love it's ridiculous! She's just over 4 months old now (where does the time go?!) and while this whole parenting thing is way harder than I expected, it's also basically the most awesome thing in the world.

That being said, momming has left me zero time for mermaiding or tailmaking, and I expect that to continue for some time still. I'd originally hoped to be back in the studio by now but clearly that hasn't happened and I have no idea when it will. I don't want to put her in daycare - mama needs her baby snuggles, and honestly the $ I'd get from making tails wouldn't cover the cost of daycare in my area. It's possible I will be able to start working on the weekends while my husband can be home to watch her, but she is very much a mama's girl and needs lots and lots of attention. I may start small with just tops for a while (got plans to start offering seaweed tops!) and see how it goes.

I'm super bummed not to be at Mermania this weekend, but I hope you all have a whale of a time!

Also, merbaby tax! https://www.instagram.com/p/BKl2dyVBSHO/ (she's under a week old here but has already grown so much! ❤️❤️❤️)

Completely understandable. Thanks for updating us Lily, and I'm glad to hear you are getting to spend so much quality time with your little merling.

Happy for you Lily!
    Still loving my gorgeous tail and top, a million thanks for them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyyia View Post
    So for those of you lucky enough to be in the SyrenStudios Family. How are you enjoying your tails after the summer/fall season and all that swim time? Any feedback you can offer us about how they swim other that beautifully fluid?
    I am still as in love with my Syren Studios tail and top as much as the first day I got them! You are correct that they are beautifully fluid!!
    Mine swims beautifully. My fluke is enormous so while it offers a great deal of propulsion, it also takes a good two kicks to get going. I think it's a matter of personal taste. PM me if you have any other questions!
    (I have some videos swimming in mine here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD4...cOYXcQS2HKIZww)

Name:  Mermaids 7-2-2016 II-7.small.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  75.5 KB

Hey everyone! I know I've been super quiet here, FB, instagram... pretty much everywhere. I want you all to know that I'm still sketching and still planning to return to the studio. I've got a bunch of non-mer projects right now that are occupying most of my free time, which is basically however long my daughter naps during the day. Currently I'm working on designs for a seaweed top and a new set of fluke and accessory fins inspired by water fairies. I'm calling it the Aurora set after my little girl! I still don't know when I'll be back to the studio. We're thinking of putting her in daycare/preschool part time in the fall, just for the morning a few days a week, both to get her more social interaction and to give me time to do something other than mom 24/7. I'll be starting small, with tops and accessories, but I may need to do a Kickstarter to source some funds for a new air compressor - mine has started to rust out from not being used and I'm scared to turn it on in case it fails and ruptures! That's what I get for buying the cheapest one I could find, right?

Here's a pic of my little merbaby, who's not so much a merbaby anymore as a mertoddler! She turned 18 months today and I am proud to say that she is already obsessed with mermaids. She loves looking at pictures and videos of mers on my phone!

Aw shes so cute!
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Junior Member North Pacific Pod tessie's Avatar
    Add tessie on Facebook
    Can't wait to see all of your beautiful new designs!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!