Thread: Merfriends once I get my tail?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Delphinus's Avatar
    Follow Delphinus On Twitter Add Delphinus on Facebook
    Visit Delphinus's Youtube Channel

Merfriends once I get my tail?

Hey! I can't know until the next paycheck, maybe two, rolls around, but hopefully soon I can afford to purchase my first tail. I was wondering if there was anyone in the SoCal (Orange County - Irvine/Tustin area in particular) who might be willing to meet for a swim, and maybe offer some tips/pointers for using the new tail? It would be fantastic to meet up, and especially if experienced fins could help a newbie out!
    "Nella fantasia io vedo un mondo giusto, lìtutti vivono in pace e in onestà."

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I don't live anywhere near you, but what tail are you planning to get?!

I'll be moving to the riverside area in september
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

I live in San diego, but we have a socal meetup on may 2nd or 3rd with some local mers. Maybe go to that and see if you can connect. Anyone got the fb link for her? I'm permamobile.

much love, one love - Moana

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I live in Tustin! (: And I'm always down for a swim! But do attend the monthly meet-ups in Balboa if you can! Even if you don't have your tail yet, you'll meet most of the local mers there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    I live in riverside county. I might be able to hang out, depending on your area. Also, try the facebook page.
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

My birthday is the 2nd! I'm trying to go, so I'll be there unless my father is in town, in which case I might leave for my Catalina trip early. But currently the plan is to go to the meetup!

Meronica: That's awesome! Hope to see you out there sometime! Everyone seems so nice, and a local mer or two would be absolutely great.

as for the tail? I believe it was the 'Marius'/Marina from MagicTail. Naturally I'd love a custom one, but I need to get started first!

Awesome! I sent a request to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Merdude Ricky View Post
    I live in riverside county. I might be able to hang out, depending on your area. Also, try the facebook page.
    Yay! Someone in riverside!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merdude Ricky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirenia View Post
    Yay! Someone in riverside!
    I'm glad more mers are poping up around here. All the mers are near the coast. So it's nice to see people I can potentially hangout with.
    Formerly known as FishyRicky

So it looks like I'll probably be ordering my tail up sometime this month. We should try to have a hangout sometime. I know there are the organized meetups, but even just a casual thing could potentially be a lot of fun.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm in orange county, and I'm always up for a swim I'm a brand new mer as well!
    Fairy magic is real!
    When Mermanda has her legs she creates coture gowns and bodices fit for the faerie queen herself.
    Come and take a peak inside a closet in the Fea realm here:
    Facebook.com/Amandakcosplay

Etsy shop

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    What city, Mermanda? (: I'm in Tustin and would love some more mermaid friends!

Mermanda: Awesome! I heard from the lady making my tail, and we're apparently going to be getting it started really soon! I believe she said by the end of the month she'd have it started. I'm really excited for my tail!

Also, Meronica: I'm in Tustin, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Meronica View Post
    What city, Mermanda? (: I'm in Tustin and would love some more mermaid friends!

Mission viejo, actually!! We're practically neighbors
    Fairy magic is real!
    When Mermanda has her legs she creates coture gowns and bodices fit for the faerie queen herself.

Etsy shop

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Mermanda: Awesome! I heard from the lady making my tail, and we're apparently going to be getting it started really soon! I believe she said by the end of the month she'd have it started. I'm really excited for my tail!

Also, Meronica: I'm in Tustin, too!

Thats awesome!! I have an eco tail from Mertailor at the moment, but my first silicone tail should be finished by the end of august I'm guessing.
    Fairy magic is real!

Etsy shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanda View Post
    Thats awesome!! I have an eco tail from Mertailor at the moment, but my first silicone tail should be finished by the end of august I'm guessing.
    Very cool! I was thinking of the Eco Tail myself, but I ended up working with the new maker on a custom tail for me that she was rather excited about. I'm really amped for it!

I'd love to get a silicone someday, but between this special tail and my new scuba classes, I can't afford it right now. XD Someday, though! Those silicone ones are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Very cool! I was thinking of the Eco Tail myself, but I ended up working with the new maker on a custom tail for me that she was rather excited about. I'm really amped for it!

I'd love to get a silicone someday, but between this special tail and my new scuba classes, I can't afford it right now. XD Someday, though! Those silicone ones are beautiful.
    Oh I know it!! Even though my bank account hurts, my heart is happy haha! Luckily I found this amazing new tail maker and got a fantastic early bird price
    Fairy magic is real!

Etsy shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanda View Post
    Oh I know it!! Even though my bank account hurts, my heart is happy haha! Luckily I found this amazing new tail maker and got a fantastic early bird price
    That's so cool. I'm lucky to have run into the same thing for my fabric tail. We're working on a really cool unique design with a special fin. I want to keep it a surprise to see how it comes out, but it should be pretty awesome. I really want to make a meetup soon! Life's been so busy, I feel awful because I haven't been able to actually meet any mers in person.