Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Adorable silicone sea creatures on Etsy!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    I wanna bitty stingray!

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    This is my second finished kelp top, and I'm very proud of it! I think it's already a million times better than my first one. It's already with its new owner and she's going to be swim-testing it this weekend, so hopefully there will be some pics of that too!

Attachment 30118
    I'm the proud owner of this beautiful top, and I got to swim in it this weekend! Waiting for better pics from the photographers, but Nerissa did get one photo!

Name:  top1.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  305.1 KB

This top is so beautiful, and SO comfortable! Almost makes me never want to wear a shell top again, really :P The top was made custom to my size and with my color specifications, and I'm THRILLED with how it turned out! The colors are much more vibrant in person and there's more shading than the photo shows. The craftsmanship is fantastic! Very well made and sturdy- I can tell it will last a long time! Even with all the abuse I put my tops through, haha. At the same time, it's very light weight for a silicone top! It's actually about the same weight as my abalone shell top- so it doesn't weigh on me when I'm dry or when I'm swimming, which is great!
    Not only that, but Cyanea was really great at communication during the process to make sure everything was as I wanted it, and she constructed it much more quickly than I expected! I'd really recommend it- you can get it in whatever size you need and pick whatever colors you want

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Iona!!
    #cyaneadiscoverssmilies

I thought that top looked familiar! I remember Iona posting a sneak peak of it a while back. Glad to hear that it's as comfy and functional as it is beautiful!

Wow, that top is just amazing... :O I'm really considering to purchase one now, ok, so there's one stingray and one kelp top on my list Maybe after few summer gigs I could actually afford these
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I love it! It look fabulous on you!!! I want one, too!

Thank you so much everyone! I'm really proud of this top! Shouldn't be too much longer before I list them on Etsy, I just want to finish the last two test ones before I do (Iona's came out really well and seems to hold up really well, but I still have the two other testers I said I'd do first so I'm gonna do them).

Demolded my new little critter last night too, so I'll try casting him today

I can't wait to test mine out! -happydance-
    ---------------------------------
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

*waiting for Lorelei's bra to come in the mail, not creepy at all*

Bahahahaha, I sent it! I promise!
    Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MermaidLorelei
    Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShipwreckCouture
    Instagram - http://instagram.com/mermaid_lorelei

Email - mermaidoutfitters@gmail.com
    Mernetwork Moderator

Stunning work! Can't wait to see more! ^^

*Shakes fins at Iona*

Curse you, mer-sister. I ordered a kelp bra from Raven with kelp bobbles on them like that, though reverse. How is it that we always seem to get the same stuff! XD

~*~ To Thine Own Mermaid Be True ~*~
    ~~~ Follow me on Facebook: Merlissa the Mermaid~~~
    Deviant Art Etsy Store YouTube Mermaid Blog Instagram

I've seen a picture of Raven's kelp bra. I was really paranoid that people would think I'd copied her idea, though I'd actually had the idea in mind for a couple years. Luckily, hers looks really different from mine.

Here's my new little friend:
    Name:  octotopus 2.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  122.0 KB
    (Clearly I know how to watermark my pictures)

I LOVE HIM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

I'll take 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

I'll list him on Etsy really soon, I just have to take some better pictures and figure out how much to charge for him (I'm too tired to do that now so maybe tomorrow). He's bigger than the stingray and the paint job took more work, so he'll cost more. But I'm also going to make another type of octopus that will lend itself to other different species so I can do simpler paint jobs, and those ones probably won't cost as much. The blue-ring guy took three layers of paint for each ring (dark brown, light brown, and blue). Although blue ringed octos do exhibit some color variation (there are several different species) so I can change up the spotting pattern a bit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    I've seen a picture of Raven's kelp bra. I was really paranoid that people would think I'd copied her idea, though I'd actually had the idea in mind for a couple years. Luckily, hers looks really different from mine.
    Your designs are different for sure. Iona and I just have this funny knack for always looking like one another in some way accidentally. <3

And I will need those octopi... 20... for hair clips and to throw them at my sister at her wedding.