Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mermaid Swim School

I will surely do, Seavanna. You are great person and I trust you.

Are all the photos on your site now currently yours and owned by you? I see that Kariel's photo is no longer there (that I can see) but on the mermaid-school page there's a photo of art on there. It really doesn't add or attract customers at all, I feel anyway and I'm certain I've seen it around online before. To me it just screams "found on Google" whether it was or not, lol. Everyone else has covered the other concerns quite well but I know there's nothing quite like stolen images to make me feel like something is untrustworthy.

I know we all are being quite negative, but this community has seen plenty of scams and we're all concerned for the safety of others. Mermaiding isn't an easy or even "safe" hobby. It's by no means dangerous, but it comes with its risks and we don't want anyone to get hurt while having fun.

Im so happy to be going to spend some time with these amazing coaches and their mermaids next week, love what they are doing and right here in New York where i live! so cool

Thank you for wording that so well, Seavanna! Unfortunately it doesn't look like they're going to answer you either though...

Something Lindsey pointed out to me that I'm having trouble understanding...
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1431711179074.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  56.0 KB
    Posted on the 2nd but dated the 6th... Not buying the "guess I'm ahead of my time" comment.

Wow. I knew something seemed off. Wasn't sure what it was until now
    The SeaGlass Siren

Okay, since they're not giving us the names, I did the work myself to find who's in charge of the NY school. Obviously there's Elena, who's been posting with us. There is also Ilona Vilcina who appears to be the local manager for the group and Merle Liivand is the head mermaid. Merle has ASCA level 1 certification as a swim coach. It also appears that the school has some kind of association with The2Tails, although it's not mentioned anywhere other than a sign at the actual event.

Oh ok so there's some certification. I'm just hoping this was just a language barrier misunderstanding

Hi Everybody,

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd tell you about my time with World of Swimming.
    First to introduce myself and to show my credentials. My mermaid name is Cayman Mermaid Bubbles real name Brittany, and I'm based in the Cayman Islands. I have been an open water scuba diver since 2001 and became a PADI Diving instructor (#331205) and IYT boat captain in 2013 and opened my scuba diving company, Cayman Eco Divers, in 2014. I have been following the mermaid community since I received my diving instructor and knew I wanted to eventually include mermaiding into my company; and with World of Swimming I was able to achieve that goal.
    This June I went to World of Swimmings Instructor course and it was just what I needed to start my mermaid classes. The course was 5 days long this included 2 hours of workout classes that focused on your core and flexibility, free diving course in the afternoon, and then 3-4 hours of swimming in the pool in the evening. It was an intense workout and helps you build the muscles you need to swim as a mermaid. The course also covered how to promote yourself, what kind of insurance coverage you need, how to work with kids, mermaid mythology, and how to create your mermaid identity. The best thing I received was a lesson plan that included a break down of what each class covered and teaching videos to follow each month.
    The course is more meant for people who are already instructors in swimming, Free Diving, or Scuba Diving. They can still teach this course even if you are not an instructor in these fields but it will be a more intense course for you because they will have to cover more material.
    This really was a good course to take and will give you the tools you need to start your own mermaid teaching program.

Thank you Brittany. It was fun and very interesting course for me too. Marina was amazing and we all worked hard.

Swimming is a valuable skill that everyone should learn, and attending a swimming school can help you master the techniques needed to become a confident swimmer. But attending classes regularly can take up a lot of time and energy, leaving you with little time for other activities like studying. If you need help with your academic work, you can always order essay without plagiarism from professional writers. This will allow you to focus on your swimming lessons without the added stress of academic assignments.
    Last edited by Leonidas Lopez; 05-05-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caymanmermaidbubbles View Post
    Hi Everybody,

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd tell you about my time with World of Swimming.
    First to introduce myself and to show my credentials. My mermaid name is Cayman Mermaid Bubbles real name Brittany, and I'm based in the Cayman Islands. I have been an open water scuba diver since 2001 and became a PADI Diving instructor (#331205) and IYT boat captain in 2013 and opened my scuba diving company, Cayman Eco Divers, in 2014. I have been following the mermaid community since I received my diving instructor and knew I wanted to eventually include mermaiding into my company; and with World of Swimming I was able to achieve that goal.
    This June I went to World of Swimmings Instructor course and it was just what I needed to start my mermaid classes. The course was 5 days long this included 2 hours of workout classes that focused on your core and flexibility, free diving course in the afternoon, and then 3-4 hours of swimming in the pool in the evening. It was an intense workout and helps you build the muscles you need to swim as a mermaid. The course also covered how to promote yourself, what kind of insurance coverage you need, how to work with kids, mermaid mythology, and how to create your mermaid identity. The best thing I received was a lesson plan that included a break down of what each class covered and teaching videos to follow each month.
    The course is more meant for people who are already instructors in swimming, Free Diving, or Scuba Diving. They can still teach this course even if you are not an instructor in these fields but it will be a more intense course for you because they will have to cover more material.
    This really was a good course to take and will give you the tools you need to start your own mermaid teaching program.
    Hi Mermaid Bubbles thank you for sharing this I'm thrilled to hear all of your successful achievements including at World of Swimming School which I too am a certified mermaid and instructor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk