Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A.R.I.E.L. from Fafnir the Dragon

A.R.I.E.L. from Fafnir the Dragon

Fafnir the Dragon is a webcomic that details the adventures of the mythical dragon, Fafnir, once a human (or dwarf or something) who was cursed by Loki and became a fearsome dragon. In the modern world, the comic suggests, Fafnir's treasure was stolen while he slept, and now he has to recover all of it. Anyone who finds a piece of the treasure (even if it has been melted down and re-forged into something new) is able to control Fafnir for a limited period of time. In one of the story arcs, ridiculing the Twilight craze, a mysterious figure has gained one of the pieces of Fafnir's treasure and is using the dragon to slaughter thousands of vampires... leading up to the destruction of the sparkly and misogynistic "Edward Catheter". After the incineration and/or squashing of the sparklepires, Stephenie Meyer, the "oracle" whose writing created Edward and his ilk, decides to mess with traditional stories of mythological creatures by making time-traveling mermaids... only to be stopped by the Automated Response Investigation and Extreme Liquidation unit (A.R.I.E.L.), a little-mermaid crossover with the terminator, who proceeds to take out Meyer before the latter can dumb down mythical creatures everywhere and cause Lack-of-Judgment Day.

http://fafnirthedragon.com/2010/10/08/page-70/

Note that Fafnir the Dragon is pretty gory and has a very liberal slant, and some of the images in the comic might not be safe for work (or for your stomach) but it can still be very funny, and I recommend reading through it all from the beginning if you have the time.

Ahahaa!!! Terminator Ariel, I wanna know where they came up with that idea ^_^

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I do love a webcomic with good art, though the constant political stuff is a bit wearing on me. Still reading it though- it seems to have more direction than others. There's too many out there that don't have a real plot...

Kill it with fire

Eh, most of the political stuff is wrapped up in Barack to the Future and maybe touched on in American Idolatry (the latter hasn't been completely put up yet). It is relatively absent in Bloodsuckers Are Not Sexy.

And yes, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Actually now that I've read it, I actually really like it. I like how he uses many different story ideas but they're all connected with the theme of Fafnir searching for his gold. Gives him a chance to touch on a broad range of topics. I really liked the section with Grandma.

Also, all the Trogdor references

Hehe... "he was a man... err, he was a dragon man... or maybe he was just a dragon..." And yes, I loved Penny the Penanggalan

He comes in the night?