Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Things to do in a tank

Things to do in a tank

Recently, I found a way of adding a tank to my gigs!!

So, in order to get some good pics for my website to advertise said tank, I'm going to Jacksonville to try out the tank firsthand.

And amongst all of the excitement I realized that I have no idea what I'm doing. What does a mermaid do in a tank? I could use some suggestions.

The tank is 4ft tall, 4ft deep, and 12ft long. My tail makes me about 8 feet long.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

Bubble kisses, rings and hearts (if you can), picking up "treasures" from the bottom to give to patrons, even just staying under and waving and posing can look great.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mer-Crazy's Avatar

Visit Mer-Crazy's Youtube Channel
    I'd suggest maybe checking out some mermaids who already own tanks and seeing what they do? Melissa has some videos on youtube, you can also find some of the Merbella performances, Mermaid Hyli has some videos on her youtube as well. There are probably a bunch of others, but they're the ones that pop right into my head. I know Merbellas also have a bunch of photos pf Raven in her tank so you could look there for photo inspiration. You don't need to bother trying to search 'mermaid tank' on youtube because all you get is Melissa.

Here is a link to the Merbella's Tank Show Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheMerbellas?fref=ts
    Here is a random mermaid tank performance video I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLUzCmRAr9o

I think bubble kisses are a great classic that look cool to do. You can swim around and smile but also I think that sometimes pausing and laying at the bottom of the tank is just as interesting. It allows people to see your tail since you are not moving it so I think that a mix of moving and not moving is good. What would really help is to get in your tank and have someone film you or set up a tripod and film yourself swimming around and performing and then you can review the video and see what tricks you like, what tricks you don't like, what you need to work on, what you could add, etc.

Congrats on getting a tank! That is super cool! Maybe you could even get some interesting lighting that shines down on the tank?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I find many just copy raven so she's stopped putting her tank stuff online. One group even got ahold of their script/ plan from another event manager and used it good to try and be unique!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'm curious if this is the tank we turned down out if jacksonville... Just as an aside. Maybe message me about it. We were gungho to go but ended up with major safety and mobility concerns and I can't imagine there's many tanks at those exact measurements at that exact spot lol

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Fart. And hang upside down wriggling your fluke at the surface.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Best. Suggestion. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    I just laughed so hard
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Well it IS natural mermaid behaviour. All that waving and blowing kisses is what tame mermaids do. And since I'm a wild mermaid, I do what comes naturally. Except pooping in the pool. That requires legs and privacy.

Don't mean to revive an old thread... But is there a tread anywhere about how to purchase a tank? I'm pretty sure I'm not up to the task of making one. lol

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    They pretty much all have to be custom made by s custom tank-builder in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are actually a bunch of threads on buying/making a tank. Sadly, they cost as much as a really expensive car, and have to be up kept in a specific way. I was just lucky that there is a guy in my community who built a couple mermaid tanks, so he invites some mermaids to swim in them for events.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I found a site that has some pretty decent instructions on how to make one. My father is an industrial painter, so he has ALL the tools, so I'd just need the materials. I'll have to see how much that is before I decide to go forward. If I do I will post the progress.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Fill your mouth with water, surface and squirt the patrons.
    I suggest having really bad aim and missing.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Fill your mouth with water, surface and squirt the patrons.
    I suggest having really bad aim and missing.
    Yuk! I don't even do that at the pool. Its disgusting! Who knows whether the tank has been cleaned previously or not.