Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in a pickle

I'm in a pickle

So, Kariel is designing my tail, and the rough sketch is purple/pink on back, opal blue in the front with gold and dark blue henna type swirls throughout the back and edging towards the front leaving a opal area near the mid thighs. kariel also has amazing gorgeous new scales that kind of look like dragon scales, but she did a test patch and said that the swirls won't work because of how the scales lay. So do I choose these amazing awesome scales I fell in love with and scrap the swirls, (maybe have stripes or dots?) or do circular or oval scales that are also pretty but not what I fell in love with but keep this rad tail design.

I know it comes down to what I want more, and I'm leaning towards keeping the scales just because of the texture and how awesome the tail will be, but I'd love to hear other people's thoughts. I tried uploading my tail design, but it's too big and I don't have time to resize it at the moment. :-/
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Sounds really pretty! I'm assuming this is one of her sequin tails, yes? Is there any way she could paint the swirled scales?
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    swirls!

No it'll be part of her new silicone line, she made one already for Mermaid Malia.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com

So is she using the technique where each scale is placed individually? If it silicone in any case, I don't see why thee sales can't be painted. I guess I'll have to see the design itself once you get the chance
    formerly known as Kalani

They can be, it's because the scales are more 3-D and so with the ridges it doesn't look as good as it would on a flat surface, I agree with her, it doesn't have the look I was aiming for. :-/
    www.mermaidharmony.com

Ah, I see what you mean now. Were you able to get tests of the swirls on the other types of scales? Maybe you'll end up really liking one of them...
    formerly known as Kalani

I would go with the pretty scales personally

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

if you have photo shoot planned have henna done on your arms and torso to match what you had wanted in the swirls and get the awesome scales.
    Mermaid Enora

Why not go with the dragon scales and do the dotted pattern in a swirl design?
    The SeaGlass Siren

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    Have you thought about doing some subtle designs on just your fluke and any extra fins?

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Scales all the way!
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Quote Originally Posted by ShyMer View Post
    Have you thought about doing some subtle designs on just your fluke and any extra fins?
    This is what I would try and adjust. Also I love the idea of getting henna done for a shoot.
    Owner/Operator behind Tails & Portholes
    Store Blog
    - Personal Blog - Twitter - Instagram - Store Facebook
    This treasure cums for YOUR booty