Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raina's Trip Planning Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Raina's Trip Planning Thread

OKay, so it's official, mertender Sean and I will be coming to Tampa Bay Florida this March! Tentative dates being March 11th (late night arrival) to March 17th or 18th.

We're going to be staying with family, so bare in mind that while I am trying to plan events and want to see as many people as I can I am still working within my BF's family's schedule. They are letting us stay with them in their rented condo for free so we kinda owe em

So all things I write here are TENTATIVE and while I want to accommodate as many people as possible please respect and remember Sean and I have a small window we have to work within.

As the dates draw closer we're going to be planning some meet ups. Once the actual week arrives we'll likely only then place the exact date and time and meet up area. We're hoping to have a car so if people are willing to go in on gas we can try and carpool to some of the meetup locations.

Merman Jesse has already booked the time off to meet us there!

Tentative Plans:

Rainbow Spring Meetup:
    After talking to several mers it seems to me this will be the most central, warmest, and best spot to meet for a swim mer style. I know not everyone will agree and will have their own ideas and places, but for now this is the most likeliest spot Sean and I can get to. When the week comes we'll have a post running to see about the exact day and time for a meetup. I am thinking this will be sort of a whole afternoon thing.

Mass Mermaid Photoshoot:
    This may also take place at the springs, or maybe at a beach. I am a professional photographer. Not a lot of my stuff is on my FB page because I am too busy in a tail, but I'd be happy to offer free photos of people and send you copies to use. I see so many of you without professional photos so I'd like to change that. I also have an underwater camera and will be happy to take footage and photos to send to people to use on their pages etc.

Disney:
    Every time I've tried to go to Disney it's been a bad experience so I am hell bent on going and having a good time LOL. Sean and I are looking online for deals, but we'll be going one day and we'll let you all know when for anyone else who'd like to come!

Weeki Wachi
    I have no idea about the geographics of Florida but I simply can't go and then not see Weeki. They've informed me their open so we may have a big car pool there , again details will be posted.

Aquarium
    We'll also be visiting one of the closer aquariums for anyone who would like to attend, details will be posted.

Dinner
    It be nice at some point to get anyone who wants to out for dinner at some restaurant. Again, tentative.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Aww, let me know when you'll be planning each thing, and I'll see what I can attend. I live quite a bit further South, so I won't be able to visit for everything, since hotels aren't too cheap anymore, but I'd love to meet up with you to chat and such. I want to meet all of the supportive, happy mers on here There's too many old, grouchy ones around me who tell people they are too fat to be mermaids. Yuck. I want to have the good mermaid company

Alas this is not one of the years my family is traveling to florida. I wish you luck with meeting up with othersAlas this is not one of the years my family is traveling to Florida, and I live so far off from your travel plans there would be no sense in trying to meet up. I wish you luck with meeting up with others!

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

I'm sure we'll be able to do at least one of the meet-ups since we only live about 2 hours away! I'll keep watching and see what you guys come up with :-)

Forgot the part about the stopover in New York!

I was actually planning on visiting FL with some friends during my spring break... which is around the time you posted. I could probably do this meetup if that is the case. Also if you're going to do a stopover in NY I can probably join for that as well :P
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

@Sirena, love your new sign image and your logo!

@Marla I'd really love that so much, I have a feeling I'll be going by the seat of my pants but I'll try and make sure there's lots of info posted here and I'll post my cell so people can text to meet up too

Re: New York
    We're hoping to actually have a direct flight, but if we did have a stop over it's likelier to be very quick one in Toronto.

@Spindrift I'd love to see you

@ EVERYONE I dont want people to feel limited by my schedule either, like I said we need to accommodate what our family wants and what they can do within their timeline too. So don't think twice about meeting up without me. I want people to visit as much as they can if they're in the area, you wont be hurting my feelings

hmm maybe i can get mynew tail by then!
    hehehee!
    would love to meet you finally raina!

I can't wait.... I have been wanting to get back to Weeki Wachee soon.

I have not swam Rainbow yet, I think it will be fun.

Disney is definitely out for me. Although, I could easily be persuaded to go to Busch Gardens.

okay, I think they may have changed around exactly where we're staying again. Where's Venice Florida? Either way I'd be making my way to all these places regardless of where we're stationed, but I always forget american traffic is a lot different than Canadian, especially where I'm from. We get to places really quickly, and I find from my few visits to the states trying to get some place close could still be a long drive cuz of traffic.

Anyway, Im not sure the family has completely nailed down exactly what part of Florida they're going to be in when we visit them, but I will try to post these things as soon as I know, and like I said we'll be visiting places all over anyway!

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Star's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Star On Twitter Add Mermaid Star on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Star's Youtube Channel
    I can't wait to see you! I will hopefully have my tail done by then and I can go to Rainbow River to swim. Everyone at Disney talks about that river. It is apparently very good. If you are near Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete or Orlando, I should be able to meet up with you and hang out. I can't wait! Even though we all live around each other, I have never been to a mermaid meet up before. I think it will be really neat!

I'll try to come see ya! Keep us posted!

OKAY so, we confirmed today we're officially staying in St Petersberg, we will have a POOL, and we may be able to come a few days early

We're staying with family, so we do have a few things planned with them, but I am SO FREAKING EXCITED, just 2 months away!

AHHHH!!! You will be in My town, and Linda's! I am so excited to see you!!! That is so great that you will be so close! I am working really hard on getting all of my molds done so that my tail will be ready by the time you come down. I just hope I will have enough money to get all of the items I need to finish it (like more latex). If I get paid soon for the gigs that I have been doing, I should have enough to get everything.

Ahhhh!!! I am so excited! Can't wait!

<3 Star

Yay star I am so stoaked to meet you and Linda, Raven, and everyone else! We'll have a pool where we are so maybe I can have a mermaid pool party aahhh

Yay!!!! I can't wait!

Rainbow River is not far from Ocala where I will be staying. But I will travel to Weeki Wachee for a mer-gathering there if you all would like. I will travel pretty much anywhere in the state of Florida, really.

I requested it off, so here's hoping they give it to me.

It would be great to meet you too Jesse! Rainbow River is about an hour from St. Pete... for is Weeki Wachee. Either one sounds great. I can't remember the temp at Rainbow (I heard it was warmer) but I know as a kid at Weeki Wachee, it would take me forever to get in. LOL But I guess it would be normal temp for Raina. LOL I am going to seem like such a wimp! :P

I am sure since I am leaving the coldest part of our year and showing up there, I will look insane wearing all the clothes I plan on wearing! lol It's going to be so nice to be in the SUN.