It’s tough! Saving up for a tail can be a challenge whether its fabric or silicone. I think sometimes we get impatient and need a little bit of moral support from our fellow mers to keep us from going absolutely insane! Sometimes you feel like giving up and you need a little bit of motivation and cheering on! Here’s a thread where that can happen. Just state the amount (or estimated amount) of money you need to save, where you are now, and milestones you reach such as $100, $500, $1,000 etc. Writing these down is a great way to stay motivated as well, like a little journal Let's all help each other out!

For those newer mers who need help saving for a tail, check out this thread. Super helpful!

Let me start…
I plan on getting a full silicone tail, but haven’t pinned down my maker as it’s a few years off I’m aiming for around $3,000 but it will likely increase. I just started officially saving today, and I grabbed $80 out of my spending money. Hey, I’m just a teen with a dream but I am sooooooo close to getting a job (crosses my fins I get hired at the studio). For now my income is illustrating a children’s book for an indie author. As I get closer, I know my parents will help out as well. All my extra change is going into the tail, so I have a cute little jar! About half of the rest of my income should go into the tail.
Wish me luck!