Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer vacations in Florida

Cool Merman Arion in Florida

Hi everyone

Guess what?!

I'M GOING TO FLORIDA THIS SUMMER!!!

FRENCH MERMAN INCOMING!
    My very first trip to the US and I've never been this excited for a trip before!
    I have missed TWO editions of Merfest and couldn't be there for you all but this time, it's real!
    So I'm making this thread so I can share the preparations of the trip and everything going on there. Photos, videos, personal feelings, you name it. So think of it as a journal, pretty much like Raina did for the second edition of Merfest.

"But how all this happened?"

For my 26th birthday and to reward me for finding a good job in a worldwide-known company in Paris, my parents decided to buy me any trip I wish to make thanks to the billions of miles that my dad gained with his job as a CEO. It could have been anything and boy, I was really torn with the choices as I wanted to go EVERYWHERE because I've been dreaming to meet and swim with so many amazing merfolks in this community. Then, I got an invitation from Eden Sirene who is living in Florida, next to Tampa, and I just couldn't let that opportunity go to waste. It was meant to be! So I called my parents, told them what trip I wanted to do and they said YES!!! I had to wait for my days off to be confirmed at work first and finally, after confirmation, the plane tickets have been reserved yesterday to Florida from Wednesday 29th of July to Friday 7th of August. I'm flipping out, guys!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

So, who is in Florida??
    Any mer who would like to plan a meet-up while I will be there?

Love you all.

~ Arion
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 06-13-2015 at 07:12 AM.

This is so flippin' awesome!! Sadly, I live in the Midwest with no plans to travel south for the summer. (It gets hot enough up here!) But I hope that you have a fantastic trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordelia View Post
    This is so flippin' awesome!! Sadly, I live in the Midwest with no plans to travel south for the summer. (It gets hot enough up here!) But I hope that you have a fantastic trip!
    Thanks! I sure hope so. I will come back with amazing memories and many stories to tell my family

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    That's so exciting Arion! I'm going I'm November so I'll miss yah. But you'll have a great time. Go to weeki!

Cannot wait to see you! You should look up the springs in florida and pick one out you'd like to meet at for a swim I'm open to any of them! I've only been and Troy Springs and Alexander Springs so far, both of which are great!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

You're going to the wrong coast! Haha kidding! You'll have a blast!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    flordias nice. i use to live there. TIP: DONT GO TO THE POPULAR BEACHES (MIAMI BEACH) DURING 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND) unless you want to see some fireworks. I never been to the springs but i feel like they're the best choice. they're more north and i think most of the mers here dont live as south as miami and such.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I'm vacationing in Panama City the first week of August! I'm sooooo very excited! And I hope you have fun in Florida, I'm sure it will be amazing!!

Sent from my shell phone under the sea!
    I lost my heart to the Ocean
    and with it, a piece of my
    soul
    https://instagram.com/mermaid_nerida/

I'm near Kennedy Space Center in Florida
    The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Blue Springs is supposed to be a beautiful spring, it is a little closer to Orlando. I'm going to try to make a visit up there sometime this summer. Love to take a swim with anyone willing!

Yay! I am in the Orlando area. How exciting we'll definitely have to a pod meet up while you're here. Hopefully my Merbella tail will be done by then.

Living in Kissimmee, very close to Orlando. If you want to go to Disney, I can get you in! I also have a place for you to sleep if you want to spend some time in Orlando. (As long as you're not allergic to cats.) I think this calls for a meet up in Alexander or Manatee Springs!

Just let me know the dates for the meet up, and I'll bring along my photographer/videographers.

~Mermaid Celeste: The Orlando Mermaid~
    Booking Website/Model Mayhem
    Facebook Fan Page /Pinterest/Twitter/YouTube/Instagram

I'm one of the mermen in Florida. I'm a little new, but i had a great time at Rainbow Springs, Alexander Springs, and Blue Springs near orlando. I have to say that I enjoyed Alexander Springs the most. If any of you guys are going to a spring let me know. If I don't have work, I'll be there. New Smyrna Beach is great. I spent half of my childhood there whenever my grandparents visited from Kentucky. North of the Jetty is great. I've actually been to the Jetty there, and it's awesome. I only wish I could've spent more time there, but the walk there was like a mile or two from the condo.

Wow! So many responses!

Thank you guys! I really appreciate the support. I would love to do a meet-up in the springs.
    I don't know which one we should do yet. If there is a swim planned with the friends hosting me in a particular spring, I will definitely let you know in advance so we can all be together. How does that sound?

I will be in Florida from Wednesday 29th of July to Friday 7th of August so the meet-up would have to be in between.
    I WOULD LOVE to do DisneyWorld. I know DisneylandParis but I've always been curious to do a different parc. I hope to make a visit there too.

If you plan the day, I'll try to show up.

I am in Florida but that is too far down in Florida for me haha. I would love to go to all the springs you mers go to if they were closer. You all are very lucky to be able to have access to all of those beautiful springs!

Arion I hope you have safe travels and get lots of good photos & memories! I am sure you will have a fun time!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Follow Ayesha On Twitter
    Follow Ayesha on Tumblr Visit Ayesha's Youtube Channel
    I will still be in Florida then and I would LOVE to meet you! Let me know when the meet-up(s) will be and I will request off. Also, I'll message you about Disney. I can help you out!
    Mai ke kai mai ke ola, e malama I ke kai.

I'm working on trying to get a big meet up scheduled for when you're in Florida. I hope it works out alright.

9 DAYS LEFT before I take the plane to Florida!!! I'm so excited !!

Whoop whoop! Frenchy is coming soon !

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Arion View Post
    9 DAYS LEFT before I take the plane to Florida!!! I'm so excited !!

Whoop whoop! Frenchy is coming soon !
    Are you staying in Tampa? Have you guys decided which springs you are going to yet? I'm a few hours south but would love to swim up to meet you.
    Like I said before, it's sticky here Arion, so pack light!!