Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Summer vacations in Florida

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Glad to see you are having a great time!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Glad you're having such a great time!
    I love T-Rex, it's awesome you got to sit by the aquarium!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    sounds like a great day. I didnt visit the splash tail the first time I was in Florida so I'll have to this time. So awesome!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    The Splash tail would be nice... but I wanna raid the Disney archives for Robert Shorts sea hag tail!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Sounds like you are having a fun time! I was there in July and saw the Splash tail too! If you get a chance to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios, be sure to look for the fountain from Splash (it is back by a restaurant near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground) and Daryl Hannah's finprints in the cement in front of the Great Movie Ride!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  408.9 KB

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I am SO happy you are having such a wonderful time! I can't wait to read and see more! Wish I could join you guys!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Looks like you guys are having an awesome time!

I love reading these updates and it sounds like a blast! Welcome to Florida!

Are you going to get to go swimming in a spring?
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

My trip to Florida - DAY 3

I woke up really late on that day, around 11 am. The weather was very cloudy and the storm was starting to get closer to Florida. My little Mer brother Helix Mermanta offered to make me breakfast. I got some scrambled eggs and toasts with strawberry jam. It was delicious. I was questioning my own cooking skills because all my scrambled eggs back in France always looked more like an omelet and a 12 years old boy can make them flawless lol. Afterwards, I learned that my friend Eden Sirene The Fishhawk Mermaid wasn't feeling well so we had to let her get some rest. In the meantime, we decided to go for a swim at the pool near the home. It was a beautiful pool with a shallow depth, enough for us merfolks to enjoy swimming. Believing that we might use them later, I didn't my silicone tail. I brought my camera and joined Marla and Helix. We had fun taking pictures and videos underwater. I felt blessed to share this moment with a former mermaid of Weeki Wachee Springs. I wasn't very experienced compared to her but I did the best I could. I used my camera for the first time underwater and I was glad to see that it really worked. I did a few good pictures.

Later, once Eden recovered, Merman Christomer took the car to bring us to Clearwater Beach for dinner in a fancy restaurant called "The Lobster Pot". The inside totally blew me away as it was beautiful. There were curtains between tables that people could use for more privacy. I thought that it was very romantic. There was also a piano playing in the other room that was nice to listen. The place was calm, composed with not much noise. To be honest, compared to the T-REX restaurant back then at Disneyworld the other day, that was refreshing. There was a lot of choice in the menu, it was really tough to choose. I decided to go for seafood and picked the salmon. I also asked for french fries as a side dish. Choosing a drink was tricky as I personally prefered white wine over red and I had no idea of what the names meant on the menu. Fortunately, the waitress offered to help and suggested a glass of sweet white wine which was her personal favorite. I tasted it and went for it as it was perfect to go with the salmon. As for the dessert, I ate a "crème brûlée".

On the way back to the car, there were a few shops still opened late at night and when I saw a beautiful tank to with the seafoam color on it in the window, I just had to buy it ! You can find the picture on Instagram. There was also a very cute octopus plush ChristoMer encouraged me to buy but I decided to leave it at last minute. I confess that I kind of have regrets now because I did want to buy it. Oh well... We finally arrived to the hotel where the car was parked but we didn't leave yet. Instead, we sat on the beach to relax and enjoy the warm wind on us. My friends were really busy on their phones, it was almost midnight and I was about to witness the important lauching of a new tailmaking company called MerrowFins. My friend Eden along with the former sculptor artist behind the spiderwick tail decided to start a business and created together the new page. You should follow them and watch for updates. I look forward to see their tails. Who knows? I might order from them in the future. Back on that night, I was really excited for them. It must be exciting to start something new. After a while, we went to the car and drove back to home to get some sleep. We didn't do much that day but I still had fun and enjoyed every single moment. Besides, I didn't come back empty-handed.

On to writing Day 4.

~ Arion

Name:  11811344_1603846419868583_3491601690821378870_n.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  53.1 KB

Me swimming and posing underwater with Marla, a former mermaid of Weeki Wachee Springs.

Name:  11800400_1603860909867134_4102222481719298226_n.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  45.0 KB

Name:  11816969_1455830018076229_8703622364591631161_n.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  60.6 KB

Dinner at the Lobster Pot with Merman ChristoMer (aka Mer-King), Eden Sirene, Helix Mermanta and Mermaid Marla