There has recently come about a short clip of a young girl with a spandex tail who apprears to struggle to get herself fully submerged in the water.
While, of course child safety is #1, i feel like the community is unfairly portrayed, by many people' (a few i know) baahing the hobby saying it is dangerous.
While i understand this mothers concern, she calls it a toy.
Which they arent. And without having any prior lessons with any sort of fins (i assume) she allows her daughter to use a mermaid tail. While some may pick it up naturally, some may not. And she shouldve done her homework.
In a comment i left on a friends Facebook while she shared this video, i mentioned you use a lot of muscles normally not used in tandom casual swimming and, having a monofin increaes the difficulty.
If you know what youre doing, and have prepared and or have done it before then its not dangerous. Any hobby or job has risks.
Like while i enjoy grooming, people assume i play with puppies and dogs always cooperate. And when i put my foot down, im a dog beater, when i raise my voice or am extremely frazzed im being abusive. If i had a nickle fpr every time i was bit or attacked, id be a wealthu lady. My point being, everything, ever has risks! No matter what it is.
Am i just being to defensive about this?
Its wasnt the lack of skill or difficulty she was having but (people in general ) making assumptions and false accusations.

formerly jayy