Thread: Coming to Dallas for Mercademy Pro Workshops

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Coming to Dallas for Mercademy Pro Workshops

Don't forget! All my mers in the Texas area, there will be a professional workshop from Aug 3rd-8th where Sean and I will be presenting 3 workshops! There will also be other awesome workshops, swims, fun and social stuff! It's a lot like a con- a great chance to meet other mers and network- but you'll also walk away (or swim away) with a lot of new skills and training! http://www.lauralwatson.com/mercademyProfessional.html

I am so excited. I've never been to Texas before. Can't wait to meet local mers

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Don't forget! All my mers in the Texas area, there will be a professional workshop from Aug 3rd-8th where Sean and I will be presenting 3 workshops! There will also be other awesome workshops, swims, fun and social stuff! It's a lot like a con- a great chance to meet other mers and network- but you'll also walk away (or swim away) with a lot of new skills and training! http://www.lauralwatson.com/mercademyProfessional.html

I'm going to try to see if I can get up there that weekend for this.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Finally, something big where I live. (Even tho the appeal of a mermaid school is practically nonexistent for me. I just want to see some mers.) Edit...(Just looked at the prices, haha, nope. Maybe if a lot of us go we can organize some after-con event where we all chill and whatnot.)
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 06-16-2015 at 04:25 PM.

There's loads of individual events too. You can pay for it all or just the ones you want

Member Pod of Texas mermaid_ashes's Avatar
    Add mermaid_ashes on Facebook
    I might try for some of the individual classes. $700 is just a lot to spend. we will see.
    ~Mermaid AshesLaree~
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming
    facebook
    instagram

500 early tickets I think but includes all activities and transportation

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook

I really hope you like it here! I've heard from many out-of-towners that Texas is so friendly, it can be off-putting to some. Haha The sales clerks will always ask you how you're doing, even in big cities. I didn't realize that was strange until I heard it from others. Just thought I'd give you a heads-up so you know what you're in for!

I know Laura! She's awesome! If my hubs and I can afford to be there, we will! <3

P.S. I'm super appreciative of all you do, and the fact that you and Sean are taking the time to share your mermaid magic with us in the Lone Star state! <3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

aghhhhh.....something mer related finally comes to Texas and I'm out of the country. :/ sniff.....
    hopefully/maybe it all happens again next year.

Hope you have fun visiting us in the south! It'll be hot in August, at least well into the 90s.
    Mermaid Enora

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    Yeah, I am totally bummed that this is happening THREE DAYS after I move to Honduras. *sigh*
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

I've been out of town but never saw anything about this on any social media. How'd it turn out?
    Mermaid Enora

It was postponed to next summer!

It was postponed to next summer!
    Ah ok. Sorry to hear it was postponed. Hopefully I'll be in town during it next summer!
    Mermaid Enora