Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Basic silicone tail(new) color leaving and coloring bathroom floor

Mertailor Basic silicone tail(new) color leaving and coloring bathroom floor

As much as I have said how much I love my two Mertailor tails I have to admit that I'm itsybitsy disappointed right now...
    I noticed last week that my tail actually left markings on our bathroom floor, markings that stick. It also had colored our fence in our sauna, with this strange ink-like color which the tail didn't even have, on it's surface. I have used the tail in the water like 5 times...
    I messaged my problem to mertailor, got an answer for asking some pics to closer investigation. Sent pics of the floor, and the tail, even though I didn't notice at the time that there were anything on the tail. Later I did. There's spots on the backside of the tail where the paint has gone off and revealed the ink-like color underneath the paint, so that was where the color has absorbed to our floor. I sent those pics for mertailor too. Got the answer for asking, what part of the tail was that pic from. I told, that it was from backside, about three inches above where heels are. The answer was this:

" Neea,

I'm not even sure how to respond to that.
    Best Wishes,

The Crew of Mertailor LLC

1570 N Meadowcrest Blvd
    Crystal River, Florida 34429
    Tel: (352) 228-4934
    Monday-Friday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
    W: www.themertailor.com
    E: info@themertailor.com "

Like, uhmm.... Well, thanks...

I haven't earlier sent any negative feedback about him in here, but now I have to, cause I'm disappointed and a bit mad. I'm just a lil bit worried if my tail colors f.ex. clients floor or smthn like that. Would be friggin awesome.. I suggested solution like him to send me sil-poxy and pigments for me to repaint my tail but he hasn't even answered. Nothing like this happened with my partial silicone tail.

Has anyone has any problems like this?
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

And the pictures here, here u can see how the paint has come off from the edges of scales:

Name:  11301562_10153429545579752_2032564921_n (2).jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  79.9 KB

and here are the markings on the floor:

Name:  11428557_10153422848404752_2094221736_n.jpg
Views: 1239
Size:  36.5 KB

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I wish I could help, but all I can say is that's no way to treat your customer. I'm so, so sorry. I hope and pray you can get it fixed!

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Well that sucks. ):

Hrm hrm Tigg's tails hrm hrm

No but seriously, I hope he gives you another answer, probably he hasn't seen this happen before and don't know what to do.
    It's so new, doesn't he have any kind of guarantee?

I don't think these have any guarantees, I hope so too(that he tries to figure out a solution), but he answered quite quickly before that last one and I wish he would have said smthn like " let me see what I can do " or anything to show me that he wants to help, but now I have been already many days in information blackout. I sent him two messages after the "not no what to say"-message, that smthn should be done with this cause I can't work with a tail that colors places, and another message with the suggestion of him sending me fixing materials and me fixing the tail by myself. I really hope he would answer, but if not, then I just have to order sil-poxy myself, that would be about 100 euros...

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Merenneito Nerissa View Post
    I don't think these have any guarantees, I hope so too(that he tries to figure out a solution), but he answered quite quickly before that last one and I wish he would have said smthn like " let me see what I can do " or anything to show me that he wants to help, but now I have been already many days in information blackout. I sent him two messages after the "not no what to say"-message, that smthn should be done with this cause I can't work with a tail that colors places, and another message with the suggestion of him sending me fixing materials and me fixing the tail by myself. I really hope he would answer, but if not, then I just have to order sil-poxy myself, that would be about 100 euros...
    Sadly, if you read his other reviews, there have been a few customers with paint job issues. Most of them have given customer service complaints. I don't think that's a coincidence, sadly. Maybe you could at least get a partial refund to help pay for the cost of fixing it?

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Yeah, I know, I've read those reviews but after having good experiences of my partial silicone I took a risk to order this basic one with custom fluke, and the tail is absolutely beautiful and functional, it swims great and everything but this issue is smthn quite new, paint has also rubbed of a bit from my previous tail but I've been using it a lot so it's absolutely fine and understandable, but this tail leaving color everywhere.. wow :/

And the color is kinda absorbed on the floor, it's not scrubbable off (I've no idea how to say that but you get the idea..? )

That is unusual. IMHO it looks like some of the paint hasn't dried thoroughly enough in some parts and has rubbed off, maybe?

Still, the equivalent of making a non-committal noise as a response seems a bit weird. I hope he comes back around with an answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    Still, the equivalent of making a non-committal noise as a response seems a bit weird. I hope he comes back around with an answer for you.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that

Just saying.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Weird!! I've never had paint come off a silicone tail unless it was physically scraped

Looks like it is still uncured :/

Senior Member Pod of Texas Seatan's Avatar
    Add Seatan on Facebook
    If it is uncured at this point then it was mixed incorrectly and is never going to cure. That REALLY sucks.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

How can you tell if silicone is still uncured? It feels like normal silicone, same as previous tail. It's a bit thinner layer though, as well as it seems to be very thin layer of paint also, but is it somehow softer or what?

Could I maybe ask for some kind of refund? This is kinda frustrating... And I was thinking like everything went so well with my tails...

Add Seatan on Facebook
    How can you tell if silicone is still uncured? It feels like normal silicone, same as previous tail. It's a bit thinner layer though, as well as it seems to be very thin layer of paint also, but is it somehow softer or what?
    If it feels like normal silicone then it should be cured. Uncured silicone would feel different, be softer.
    Once upon a time I was known as Seavanna. Going by Seatan these days. I always wanted to be the high lord of underwater hell.

But why would uncured silicone get absorbed by wood?
    Doesn't seem normal. And it looks like it's only the painted layer (with pigments and probably silicone thinner) that is rubbing off.
    Hmmm....

Maybe email smoothon? I mean it's their product in some sort.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Could I maybe ask for some kind of refund? This is kinda frustrating... And I was thinking like everything went so well with my tails...
    I would start asking for a refund right away, but only count on getting an exchange. The Mertailor contract STRICTLY says no refunds, but it contradicts itself on returns. Eric doesn't have the best CS track record, so earlier the better. Be VERY professional about it, using proper terms.

When the product was ordered it was made clear that it was intended for use in public areas as an important part of my business venture. However, due to the permanent streaking of color it leaves behind when brushed against various surfaces (an action that, as a fellow mermaid performer you know is inevitable when performing), I am unable to use this product for its intended purpose--performance in public areas such as city and personal pools where any kind of marking is prohibited, and I would be asked to vacate the pool area if the product left residue of any kind behind. Since this product cannot be used for the purposes intended due to a presently unknown fault in the production of the item, I ask that you issue me a full refund, and I will return the faulty product so that you may perform tests on it to discover the reason for the defect. My paypal email is [insert here]. I will ship you the tail as soon as the refund is issued and will email you tracking as verification. I ask that the amount be returned within 72 hours so that the money can be invested in a usable product and my business can continue as normal. Thank You.

If he doesn't respond or refuses return:

As stated before, when ordering the product it was made clear that it was meant for professional public performances. Due to a fault in the tail design, it is impossible for me to use the product as intended, and I ask that you please refund my money or, if this is not possible, replace it with a well tested product that meets the standards necessary for the use of the product in a professional setting. If the money is not refunded or a replacement agreed upon within 72 hours, I will contact the Better Business Bureau in regards to the situation, as well as turning to my attorney for further communications.

In regards to contractual bindings, I was urged to disclose to you the following: Your websites states "Accordingly, Mertailor LLC shall not be liable for any error or inaccuracy in the photographs or graphical representation of Mertailor LLC Products displayed on the Website. If there are certain physical properties that are important to you, you should ask us to verify these for you before you make your purchase" however, this issue is with the quality and usability of the product, not with any variances in appearance. Therefore, it does not fall under this statute. It also states "Although all of our Products are completely cured and made skin safe, our Products are made in a facility that has traces of various chemicals such as silicone rubber, latex rubber, epoxy, fiberglass resin, polysulfide rubber, urethane rubber and plastic, foam, adhesives, release agents and sealers. Your Product may come into contact with one of these materials at any given time. Accordingly, Mertailor LLC shall not be liable for any error or inaccuracy for allergic reactions, rashes, burns, skin pigmentations, health defects and or any illness that our Products might cause" however, this is not in regards to physical touch or allergic reactions, but rather permanent stains on public property, and so does not fall beneath this statute, either. Also, though your Inspection Policy requires an inspection within three days, the fault of the product was not one that could be discerned through inspection and therefore does not fall under this limitation.

My attorney also noted that "Return Policy (18)" versus "Defective Products (18.3)" are contradictory, bringing the entire contract into question. In section 18, Return Policy it is stated:

All Products on the Website, unless otherwise stated, are made to order and are considered “Special Order”. Our Products are NON-RETURNABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, NON-CANCELLABLE and NON-REFUNDABLE. There are absolutely no exchanges or returns on merchandise purchased. All sales are final.

While 18.3 Defective Products states:

Mertailor LLC is extremely cautious in ensuring that each Product strictly complies with our quality criteria and that it has passed all our controls, both technical and aesthetic. If nevertheless you receive a Product that seems to be defective or damaged, you may contact us by email at info@themertailor.com with a detailed email of the damages within one business day upon receipt of the Product for further instructions. Mertailor LLC may classify the Product as a defective Product. Please note that items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be defective. (Please note that the residue was left behind after normal gentle use, not anything that could be defined as "wear and tear.")

If Mertailor LLC declares your Product as defective, the following solutions will be proposed to the Customer, as applicable:

I) Mertailor LLC may send you the same Product in the exact same size, subject to availability,
    II) Mertailor LLC may propose an exchange for another Mertailor LLC creation of equivalent or higher value, in which case the initial price will be deducted and you will be required to pay only the difference.
    III) Mertailor LLC may propose to repair the original purchased product(s) and return back to the customer at the companies expense.
    If Mertailor LLC is at fault for defective or damaged products, the product will be corrected or replaced along with reimbursement of any return shipping monies to Mertailor LLC.

While in the Return Policy you claim all orders are non-returnable, in the Defective Products category you contradict this statement by saying that the product will be corrected or replaced along with shipping reimbursement. These contractual disagreements leave the contract open to interpretation in civil court and, therefore, we ask that you replace the product or refund the money entirely.

And then I would go from there. Don't bother being nice and sweet and civil. Eric won't.

Add Seatan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    But why would uncured silicone get absorbed by wood?
    Doesn't seem normal. And it looks like it's only the painted layer (with pigments and probably silicone thinner) that is rubbing off.
    Hmmm....

Maybe email smoothon? I mean it's their product in some sort.
    I doubt Smooth On would know. This is a production problem, not a problem with the products used to make it. I don't think its silicone rubbing off (though in its uncured form it can be absorbed by wood--but then it would be runny, not just soft.) I think that this is a problem with the paints on top. He may have tried a new mixture or not mixed everything just right or may have tried to short cut. Whichever, I don't think it's silicone that's staining things and rubbing off. I think it's paint.