Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Basic silicone tail(new) color leaving and coloring bathroom floor

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Blooming View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking something needs to be done about MerTailor, but I can't think of anything other than warning people about his quality inconsistency and customer disservice (lol).
    Too bad he's got an army of fans that haven't seen the other side of Tailmakers, only the TLC-documentary.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    Too bad he's got an army of fans that haven't seen the other side of Tailmakers, only the TLC-documentary.
    Exactly, and...

Ain't nobody got time for that. :/

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Junior Member Euro Pod Samantha Sleeman's Avatar
    Add Samantha Sleeman on Facebook
    Hi. two things come to mind re your problem.
    One is the tail was painted after it had cured (has to be painted within 48 hours or paint wont stick)
    OR the mix on the paint was defective (where there was probably not enough catalyst in the mix)
    Paint should not come off, or peel off if the job is done correctly. (we have experimented quite a bit to try to work out all the pitfalls, and possible errors so are aware.)

It can be corrected but it is a lengthy process involving solvents, binding agents and a complete respray.

Hope this helps you understand what may be behind your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sleeman View Post
    Hi. two things come to mind re your problem.
    One is the tail was painted after it had cured (has to be painted within 48 hours or paint wont stick)
    OR the mix on the paint was defective (where there was probably not enough catalyst in the mix)
    Paint should not come off, or peel off if the job is done correctly. (we have experimented quite a bit to try to work out all the pitfalls, and possible errors so are aware.)

It can be corrected but it is a lengthy process involving solvents, binding agents and a complete respray.

Hope this helps you understand what may be behind your problem.
    im sorry but this isnt exactly accurate.

It doesnt need to be painted within 48 hours. It can cure against itself six months apart.

Not enough catalyst means it would never have set. Sticky and tacky.

Overpigmented fully cured silicone can and will peel off. Fresh or old. I did a bunch of tests for this specific thread.

The only real legal action that could be taken is if everyone came together and filed a joint lawsuit. But that will still cost thousands and require one person to be in florida. Best thing is to photo and video everything and put it out there for the world to see. Post in a review on fb. He cant delete those ones
    If you can't stand upon the water I will meet you on the ocean floor

This is then the closure from me, I'm not going to spend anymore money if I'm not sure it's going to help, and honestly I now can't be sure if he then just fixes the problem somehow or does something he then could blame me, I don't know, so I have to try to handle this thing by myself. Ordered pigments and sil-poxy, Riiarin has painted her tail and will advice me with this one, so I hope that everything turns out to be fine. This thing isn't a complete disaster, and I did take a risk for ordering a "cheap" tail, cause I just don't have funds atm for a dream tail. But at least this whole thing made me realize that I definitely will save just a bit more to order a full silicone one from more trustworthy tailmaker, such as Merbella or Finfolk. It was kind of a learning experience, a bit sad and expensive but they are mistakes where people learn from (well, some of us.........)

Here is the message I sent:

"As I said earlier I'm not going to spend any more money for this, I ordered a product from you which was suppose to be usable and in the condition as told in the ordering info. I provided evidences where the situation is pictured and is absurd that you demand me to ship the tail back to Florida on my own expense for your investication. Should I then mail the bathroom floor and my diving bag too, which both the tail has colored?
    I don't have any other choice than to fix the tail by myself, on my own expense. There's already more small spots around on the tail's surface where the paint has left and it's clear that it's not going to stop before I make something. I thought that when there appears this kind of an error which you yourself don't clearly have a clue how it's possible, that you would be so much more interested how your product can do something like this, but clearly I was very wrong. I'm very disappointed for the whole thing and how you handled (didn't handle) the situation.
    It's not nice at all to spend 150 usd for a new tail but I don't have any other choice here. I'm honestly very sorry that this situation went like this, and I have to tell you already that I have to change my plans, cause I absolutely cannot take a risk for something like this happening again if ordering a full silicone tail from you in future.

Neea "
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *

And as I mentioned on that e-mail, the tail has also colored my diving bag which I has used to carry my tail around, because it's quite big and made from strong fabric. Only thing is that I can't anymore use it to carry my wetsuit around cause I'm afraid the color might stick on my wetsuit, bhah...
    Took pics also of the bag:
    Name:  DSCN1375p.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  261.9 KB

Name:  DSCN1377p.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  274.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1381p.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  276.3 KB
    Frosty Mermaid from the lonely Lapland <3

* Etsy * Youtube * Facebook * Instagram *