Thread: End of June meetup in mid-Massachusetts

Senior Member Pod of New England Echinacea's Avatar
    Add Echinacea on Facebook

End of June meetup in mid-Massachusetts

Since it is coming up to summer swimming time, I am planning to try and get a mer meetup together again at my local swimming pool in late June. Last year, we had six of us merfolk, plus a couple of merlings! Here is what I have for information at the moment...
    Location: Wayside Racquet and Swim Club, Marlborough, MA 01752
    Date/Time: Saturday, June 27th - 11 AM till they kick us out!
    Admission price: $15/person - this covers use of the outdoor pool, indoor pool, hot tub for the day (so you can go out and come back in without having to pay again)

There is a snack bar at the pool, there is a very nice homemade ice cream place with a small indoor mini-golf course just down the street, and several restaurants in town. I am planning to have hamburgers and hot dogs available for supper at my house, and the pool is ok with you bringing a cooler, just no glass bottles, please.
    I do have some limited sleeping space available (guest room with a double bed and a double bed futon in the living room and a yard where people could pitch a tent or two) in case anyone wants to come from far away and needs a place to stay for the night, plus there are some motels nearby.
    Hoping to see some new faces! grin emoticonName:  Mer-friendsMeetup1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  145.0 KBName:  Mer-friendsMeetup2.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  124.2 KBName:  DSCN05461.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  76.5 KB

Can't make this one but think there will be another this summer?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There is a meetup in upstate NY the end of July, and I am hoping to have one down on Cape Cod mid-August. If you are local to Massachusetts and would like to come swim some weekend, let me know, I will be glad to have more company! I do try to swim most weekends, and Monday/Wednesday on the weekdays. There is a pod in NYC that gets together on Coney Island most weekends, too, I think.

Just a nudge to remind people, I am having a mer-gathering in Marlborough, MA this Saturday, June 27th, at the Wayside Racquet and Swim Club. Starts at 11:00 AM, admission is $15 per person for the day. There is a snack bar at the club, there is also a home-made ice cream place just down the street, plus there are no rules about not bringing your own picnic lunch (except no glass bottles or other breakables). I will be having hot dogs and hamburgers at my house afterwards, for those who want to stay for dinner. PM me for more info. Hope to see some new faces!
    Last edited by Echinacea; 06-26-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Not looking too promising for a gathering tomorrow. So far, it looks like it will just be me and my Mer-Sistah Marla. If anyone else is coming, please let me know.