Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 101

Thread: What is your favorite fish?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    2,362
    He was about this big
    Name:  144cb2743c26a9fd4c26dc8109bf084d.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  10.8 KB
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani



  2. #22
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    betta fish are some of my favs. they're so incredibly smart and have personality. I love to play games with every one I've had. I also like the pigbutt worm/flying buttocks which sounds like something Dan would love. plecostamus are cute too! I'm honestly a sucker for freshwater fish. oh and basking sharks! they're my favorite sharks because they look so goofy and are totally harmless.
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    Wow, that anal toothed sea cucumber though... I could make a couple jokes but theres younger people on these forums
    HAha!! Yup, I thought the same thing and had to hold back

    My favorite fish is probably the sturgeon. I love their sleek, yet almost prehistoric look and their faces. They have that cute snout that sometimes has a little upturn to it.
    For the smaller species, I really love the Siamese fighting fish and the array of different colors they end up with. From intensely bright to soft and pastel, these little guys are a huge inspiration when I'm sketching tails.

  4. #24
    my favourite fish? hm....

    the ones that end up on my plate I JEST!!

    BETA FISH are my favourite.
    The SeaGlass Siren

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Freyja View Post
    My favorite fish is probably the sturgeon. I love their sleek, yet almost prehistoric look and their faces. They have that cute snout that sometimes has a little upturn to it.
    You have perfectly summed up what makes sturgeons so awesome. They feel soft, too. I visited an aquarium with a touch tank of exclusively sturgeon and it was awesome. Barely any line for some reason.

    Also, thank you to everyone mentioning plecostomuses... plecostomi... plecos! Those are definitely on my list as well. I like saying hi to the big one at our local pet shop.

    Fancy a cup of mermaid tea?


  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    betta fish are some of my favs. they're so incredibly smart and have personality. I love to play games with every one I've had. I also like the pigbutt worm/flying buttocks which sounds like something Dan would love. plecostamus are cute too! I'm honestly a sucker for freshwater fish. oh and basking sharks! they're my favorite sharks because they look so goofy and are totally harmless.
    I love bettas too. It makes me sad that they're always trapped in those little cups at the pet store or Wal Mart. I know they're territorial but they deserve much better.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    they need at least 2.5 gallons and a tank cover because they're jumpers. they also need a heater. fish are some of the most abused pets sadly
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidofthelabyrinth View Post
    they need at least 2.5 gallons and a tank cover because they're jumpers. they also need a heater. fish are some of the most abused pets sadly
    2.5 gallons?! Wow I never knew that. There should be a betta-fish-awareness movement!!!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    2.5 gallons?! Wow I never knew that. There should be a betta-fish-awareness movement!!!
    There's a lot of nice iconographics that go around the internet (mostly tumblr) that promote proper betta fish care! They're cute and eye-catching and dispel a lot of myths that pet stores support. I have my betta in a planted 10 gallon community tank with a small school of neon tetras and he couldn't be happier!

    Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina Suds View Post
    There's a lot of nice iconographics that go around the internet (mostly tumblr) that promote proper betta fish care! They're cute and eye-catching and dispel a lot of myths that pet stores support. I have my betta in a planted 10 gallon community tank with a small school of neon tetras and he couldn't be happier!

    Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
    That's awesome!

  11. #31
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina Suds View Post
    There's a lot of nice iconographics that go around the internet (mostly tumblr) that promote proper betta fish care! They're cute and eye-catching and dispel a lot of myths that pet stores support. I have my betta in a planted 10 gallon community tank with a small school of neon tetras and he couldn't be happier!

    Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
    I've got mine in a 10gal with a bristlenose pleco and a harlequin rasbora and a neon tetra. (I originally had 8 fish and now I have 4, I don't want to risk anything yet)
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  12. #32
    Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    102
    Follow MermaidSaph On Twitter
    Follow MermaidSaph on Tumblr Visit MermaidSaph's Youtube Channel
    Well, I like the super bright, colorful ones, but if I had to pick one fish, it would probably be the bicolor guppy. Not a fish expert here, but is that the full name? I have also heard of a moscow bicolor guppy, and "fancy tail" was in there somewhere... I'm gonna base a few fabric tails off of their design, eventually.Name:  10.PNG
Views: 251
Size:  646.1 KB
    These are neat-looking, too.Name:  14.PNG
Views: 376
Size:  648.5 KBName:  16.PNG
Views: 386
Size:  682.5 KB
    Kitvin ☆ they/them ☆ he/him

    I will fear not my death or destiny
    Because death fears me
    I'm not afraid to stand up
    Fists up
    Never gonna give up
    I'm lightning, no fear, just adrenaline
    ~
    What kind of scars will you leave?
    What kind of blood will you bleed?
    When fear sets the stage for defeat
    What will your legacy be?

  13. #33
    Spotted pufferfish. Cutest lil' fishies ever! And fearless. We had a pair back when we first got married.
    Beautiful beaded tops and silicone fins and flukes for enhancing your tail at my Etsy shop: Fancy Fish Fashions!
    Follow me on Facebook



  14. #34
    Hmmm would have to go with marlins since their fast and have very beautiful colors if you ask me. Tarpon would be close behind since I encountered a few friendly ones while diving in the Gulf of Mexico.

  15. #35
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dundas Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,540
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    That fish name I was looking for... Clown Loach.
    Name:  clown-loach.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  36.8 KB
    Formerly known as ireneho

  16. #36
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    I was considering clown loaches but no one nearby sells them
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  17. #37
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington DC/ Norfolk
    Posts
    622

    Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    how can you make me pick? i do like the cow fish (icon duuuh) but i've taken a liking to mola mola also. actually i was thinking on moving on from cowfish to ocean sunfish as a internet icon identity thing. i love koi and betta so i flipped when i herd of betta koi (or is it koi betta?) even though they are all HMPK betta. i wish i had one ( i know pretty much all the proper betta care. i just cant afford it, colledge is a thing im looking at so i cant move the fish, and i dont think i have my head around cycling) i can go on all day about fish tbh


    gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

  18. #38
    Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Washington DC/ Norfolk
    Posts
    622

    Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    RANCHUS!!!! I FORGOT ABOUT RANCHUS
    i mean look at these little bloops


    gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

  19. #39
    I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

    I have an obsession with Japanese Shubunkins. Like, it was unhealthy at one point. I went from having a 10 gallon tank that was supposed to be for a snake, to having a fish in that tank, then the bottom of the tank popping out of place when I went to move it one day, so I got a 100 gallon lobster tank due to discovering shubunkins need more than 10 gallons (especially if you have more than one) and then THAT started leaking, so now I've settled for a 55 gallon, which is the biggest I could get from my LFS. Just one little fish did this to me. Sent me down the black hole of aquarium keeping. $600 later and I've finally gotten to a place where I don't have to visit petco every payday. :P

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla of Duluth View Post
    I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier.

    I have an obsession with Japanese Shubunkins. Like, it was unhealthy at one point. I went from having a 10 gallon tank that was supposed to be for a snake, to having a fish in that tank, then the bottom of the tank popping out of place when I went to move it one day, so I got a 100 gallon lobster tank due to discovering shubunkins need more than 10 gallons (especially if you have more than one) and then THAT started leaking, so now I've settled for a 55 gallon, which is the biggest I could get from my LFS. Just one little fish did this to me. Sent me down the black hole of aquarium keeping. $600 later and I've finally gotten to a place where I don't have to visit petco every payday. :P
    Omg wow my dad doesn't even spoil our dogs that much! You sound like a very good pet owner!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •