Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101

Thread: What is your favorite fish?

  1. #41
    I change my answer!

    I lived on a boat in the South Pacific for two months and one of my favorite things EVER was when we'd see flying fish. It was incredible to see them up close!

    We have a pair of Sanshoku swordtails in our tank. I'd love to make a tricolor tail that looks like our female. She's such a cutie.

    Side note: does anyone else buy female bettas? They don't have the pretty tails like the males and they always get overlooked at the pet stores. Then I feel bad for all the girls sitting sad in their little cups and I bring them home to live in our big tank. Needless to say, our tank doesn't have a whole lot of vibrant color.
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

  2. #42
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dundas Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,540
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    And this too... A blue yabby. Its like a mini lobster that lives in freshwater. They are only bred for the color.

    Name:  blue yabby.jpg
Views: 980
Size:  93.2 KB

    I had one when I was in my teens. The tank was in my bedroom and each day, all I had to do was drop in one tiny pellet of fish food.
    Then one day, there was a gigantic seashell in the tank with it and the poor thing was trying to crawl up the corner of the fish tank away from it. When I took the shell out and changed the water, the shell was back! I asked my family who keeps doing that, and it was Dad. I told him the shell still had salt in it and the yabby didn't like it. He insisted I didn't know any better and so the shell stayed. 2 days later, Bluey died. I buried him, yes I say him, in the backyard with a icecream stick gravestone, with his name on it.
    Formerly known as ireneho

  3. #43
    That lil blue lobster is adorable!
    Find me on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, and my WEBSITE
    Formerly known as Madison Juliette

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonMermaid View Post

    Side note: does anyone else buy female bettas? They don't have the pretty tails like the males and they always get overlooked at the pet stores. Then I feel bad for all the girls sitting sad in their little cups and I bring them home to live in our big tank. Needless to say, our tank doesn't have a whole lot of vibrant color.
    I've had a blue female one before. I've never seen girl ones in cups, I guess because the males are more popular. To me they look like the males w/o the flowy fins

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    And this too... A blue yabby. Its like a mini lobster that lives in freshwater. They are only bred for the color.

    I had one when I was in my teens. The tank was in my bedroom and each day, all I had to do was drop in one tiny pellet of fish food.
    Then one day, there was a gigantic seashell in the tank with it and the poor thing was trying to crawl up the corner of the fish tank away from it. When I took the shell out and changed the water, the shell was back! I asked my family who keeps doing that, and it was Dad. I told him the shell still had salt in it and the yabby didn't like it. He insisted I didn't know any better and so the shell stayed. 2 days later, Bluey died. I buried him, yes I say him, in the backyard with a icecream stick gravestone, with his name on it.
    Looks like your dad wasn't the one who didn't know any better! I buried my first beta next to my treehouse. Losing a fish, crab, etc. is a lot sadder than you'd anticipate.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    I bury all my bettas. I've been wanting to start a female sorority tank for a while but my 10gal isn't quite big enough for five girls + my pleco (who's getting so big and chubs!!)
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  7. #47
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In Your Mind!
    Posts
    2,362
    I had five female bettas in my forty gallon. They definitely stole the show!
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani



  8. #48
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Mystery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,239
    Follow Mermaid Mystery On Twitter Add Mermaid Mystery on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Mystery on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Mystery's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalani View Post
    I had five female bettas in my forty gallon. They definitely stole the show!
    bruh
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

  9. #49
    Speaking of pet fish, do ya'll think I or someone else should create a thread dedicated to names of everyone's past or current pet fish, crabs, crayfish, etc.? Not sure if anyone would be interested but I personally love hearing what people will name their fish. I think it would be a fun little thread to go and check out.

  10. #50
    That sounds really cool, Carly! I say go for it!

    Fancy a cup of mermaid tea?


  11. #51
    Can I say, this post is just too fishy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

  12. #52
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aireys Inlet, VIC, Australia
    Posts
    450
    I generally like freshwater fish more than saltwater ones. My favourite fishes are trouts because they're shimmery, intelligent and their fins are beautiful. If I had to choose a favourite saltwater fish, it'd be the Klunzinger wrasse. Number two would be the blue damsel.

    I only know these names because I played FishVille on Facebook like a crazy motherfucker a few years back and wanted to cry when they closed the game down.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Merfin_Aurora_Oceania View Post
    Can I say, this post is just too fishy
    Oh dang!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaAbyss View Post
    I only know these names because I played FishVille on Facebook like a crazy motherfucker a few years back and wanted to cry when they closed the game down.
    That's so funny! I'm sorry it got taken down though.

  15. #55
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania AnnaAbyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Aireys Inlet, VIC, Australia
    Posts
    450
    Ahaha xD Yeah it sucks. I learned so many names of different fish and can now recognise them.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by MadisonMermaid View Post
    I lived on a boat in the South Pacific for two months and one of my favorite things EVER was when we'd see flying fish.
    That brings back so many happy memories! When I was a kid, whenever we went by boat along the coast of west Africa, flying fish would jump out of the water. They looked like this fish, with an irridescent orange back and clear wing fins.



    They usually flew in the same direction as the ship, which made me think they were escaping predators travelling with the boat to take advantage of the bow wave.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #57
    Senior Member Euro Pod Echidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,503
    Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Ah yes, I totally forgot to add flying fish to my favourite fish!
    I've always loved them.

    But then, almost any fish is awesome.

  18. #58
    These are all really cool fish! Yesterday I went to a Chinese restaurant and went to peek over at the red blood parrot fish (which have now become my 2nd favorite fish, if not creeping up to first). I think my favorite fish, I've noticed, are the friendly ones that follow you and whatnot. They looked like they were smiling and swam over to the side of the tank I was standing at. My Papaw said that if they could talk they'd probably be laughing at me (long story why). I hardly got any time to see them before he told us we had to leave and go home. But I wasn't just like "Aww okay. Bye, fish!" I was literally sad, like heartbroken sad. Maybe I enjoy "smiling" fish because there aren't enough humans smiling in this world.

  19. #59
    Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Dundas Valley, NSW Australia
    Posts
    4,540
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    These are all really cool fish! Yesterday I went to a Chinese restaurant and went to peek over at the red blood parrot fish (which have now become my 2nd favorite fish, if not creeping up to first). I think my favorite fish, I've noticed, are the friendly ones that follow you and whatnot. They looked like they were smiling and swam over to the side of the tank I was standing at. My Papaw said that if they could talk they'd probably be laughing at me (long story why). I hardly got any time to see them before he told us we had to leave and go home. But I wasn't just like "Aww okay. Bye, fish!" I was literally sad, like heartbroken sad. Maybe I enjoy "smiling" fish because there aren't enough humans smiling in this world.
    They only do that so you can put them out of their misery of being stuck in an overcrowded tank. The only joy you'll get is the thought that you did something nice for them. And at the same time, you get a tasty fish meal.
    Formerly known as ireneho

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    They only do that so you can put them out of their misery of being stuck in an overcrowded tank. The only joy you'll get is the thought that you did something nice for them. And at the same time, you get a tasty fish meal.
    My mom said they probably just thought I was going to feed them

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •