Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Ideas

Challenge Ideas

I thought this might be a cool thread to brainstorm challenge ideas.
    Here are some that I thought of:

- Dollar store challenge - craft a mer accessory using only materials and objects found in a dollar store/99cent store
    - Design a game that mers can play (it can be as detailed as Quidditch, or can be an existing game that has been adapted). Bonus points for a video that shows you playing it.
    - Photo scavenger hunt: name an object and do a photo shoot with said object incorporated (like I spy).
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

ha! love the idea! nearly all of my accessories as a mer come from thrift stores!!! there's always something that looks like it came from the sea there! thrift/salvation army is the best place to find sunken treasures!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Neria's Avatar
    The dollar store challenge sounds like a lot of fun!

i already made a game for mermaids a long time ago. ill post it in april. its meant to exercise your coordination in the water.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

I love the dollar store idea! I've been meaning to go hunting there anyways

Another few ideas:
    -Photo hunt but with colors. Like take pictures with main focus of it being blue, or green, or etc.
    -Seashells, something with seashells. We all have to own at least a few, right?
    -Dress-up, like putting on crazy costumes with your tail

Not the best but ideas
    Mermaid Jewel

In line with Mermaid Jewel's idea of the costumes, I propose pictures of ourselves in mer-form in unusual places.

lol. I LOVE ALL OF THESE!
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Found treasure- Take something not normally found where mermaids are (heaphones, shoes, etc.) and decorate it to look like it was found in a sunken ship.

In areas where there are several mers, a mermaid flash mob could be organised. Mermaids all swim up to the beach from some unseen place. Probably an idea for the pods, but I always like seeing mers in groups. Usually photos show just one mer.

Oh man, MermaidPandorah, a mer flash mob would be incredible!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod ShyMer's Avatar
    I'd love to do a mer flash mob. Can you imagine people's reactions?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained! View Post
    In line with Mermaid Jewel's idea of the costumes, I propose pictures of ourselves in mer-form in unusual places.

Ahh I wanted to do this as a photoshoot series. A really good challenge idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidPandorah View Post
    Found treasure- Take something not normally found where mermaids are (heaphones, shoes, etc.) and decorate it to look like it was found in a sunken ship.

In areas where there are several mers, a mermaid flash mob could be organised. Mermaids all swim up to the beach from some unseen place. Probably an idea for the pods, but I always like seeing mers in groups. Usually photos show just one mer.
    Did you guys hear about Improv Everywhere's No Pants subway ride? It'd be great if we could do that with mertails!

http://improveverywhere.com/2011/01/...y-ride-2011-2/

Yeah, I love "improv everywhere"... did you see the "Black Tie Beach" one? That might be a cool location for a mer mob. I doubt a subway ride would work for mers unless everyone was wearing walking tails... the lack of mobility would be an issue.

Last edited by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!; 01-01-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: added video

Also, the mp3 experiment series of improv everywhere is pretty cool, particularly when they pretend to be different tribes.
    Last edited by Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!; 01-01-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: wrong title for experiment

I was at a no-pants subway ride. Unknowingly, I mean. I was with my really formal relatives and we were visiting a museum, and we rode the train to get there. Then we noticed a person with no pants. Then another. Turns out it was no-pants subway day. Lovely. xD

Well we could all meet in a not so busy part of a beach and put our tails on there then swim down the beach to the busy part and have our mob swim up like she suggested Though it'd have to be for individual pods...
    Mermaid Jewel

For a mer subway ride we can put our tails on at a not so busy or popular stop maybe (at the end/beginning of the line?). Just entertaining the idea though. As fun as it sounds, it may require too much coordination.

MermaidJewel, that is a good idea, though it might be interesting to arrange a beach mer mob as part of a convention or something, in order to have the numbers that some of the pods lack.

I love these ideas! I think I might do some

i love the flash mob idea! also, as far as the challenges go, i think it would be awesome to create costumes to go with your tails! especially ones that you could swim in! or maybe you could post a video of best underwater dance? that would be fun, but the water would have to be deep enough for you to manuever around. maybe best music video? best makeup idea? ooh, best reinactment of a scene (one shot like a picture) of your favorite mermaid movie or show! best mermaid/merman family? youd have to get your whole family rather into a tail or something water related. best hair idea? best merperson artifact? im out of ideas now...

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Chesapeake Pod
    Love the accessory from the $/99 cent store idea!
    "Silence is beautiful, not awkward. The human tendency to be afraid of something beautiful is awkward."