Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Ideas

for over the summer, how about best tail wave? biggest splash? or even, if possible, highest jump out of the water?
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    I like the I spy idea!

Another funny idea could be "Mers every day" And take pictures in your tail doing every day things, on the computer, gardening, shopping, sleeping, cooking xD I could see it getting silly.

@Blondie: Yeah like waxing or shaving legs... ahahaha
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    Grocery shopping could also get pretty awkward.
    Tenacity.

You know what would be really funny? Go clothes shopping in a tail, pick up a pair of pants, and go up to random people saying "I don't get it." XD

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    You know what would be really funny? Go clothes shopping in a tail, pick up a pair of pants, and go up to random people saying "I don't get it." XD
    LOL! Love it!

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Explore the S.E.A. with me!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise View Post
    Great idea, but how would you walk around in a tail? xD

All of these ideas are fantastic! I love the "mers every day" idea, it's something everyone could do (at least, everyone with a tail). And Emma, I suspect you would go shopping in a wheelchair or something. That would be hilarious XD

Ah, yes. A wheelchair could work. All I could come up with was pulling yourself around on the floor or being carried. xD

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Celissa View Post
    Mermaid planking?
    That'd be AWESOME. I'm tempted to try some of these ideas now. I've already decided that I'll be bringing my fabric tail (also the only tail I currently have) to a ren faire later in the year. AND an anime convention. I went and sat at a fountain at the mall in it the other day. I'll have to start thinking of other ideas for this kind of thing. HMMMM.
    Swamp fish noises intensify

Ahahaha oh dear, I just had the hilarious vision of a mermaid in a clothing store pulling herself along on her belly, while looking very confused and trying to hold several pairs of pants XD Somehow, I think a wheelchair, or even a shopping trolley, would be much more comfortable

Yep, I have a wheelchair for getting around when my mertender isn't available. It's nice! Ask Koral, she was the one going crazy with it at the Dickens Fest this year. XD (Suddenly mobile mermaid + having sat around a lot of the day = HILARITY).

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

Wow that's actually a really smart idea. I never thought of a wheelchair before
    That really takes a lot of the worry off having to make someone carry you around and all that stuff.
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Wow that's actually a really smart idea. I never thought of a wheelchair before
    That really takes a lot of the worry off having to make someone carry you around and all that stuff.
    Exactly. Keep in mind that you want one with either elevating legs or you'll need to build a bit of a platform for your fluke. Anything longer than regular feet will drag on the ground with the normal footrests.

www.thalassamermaid.com
    Facebook

I would definitely need a wheelchair, I don't have anyone to carry me around!

That is true as well.
    I just imagine the only downside is it might look a little silly xD
    Oh well eff that, honestly. I'd prefer that over having to have a human version of a horse around all the time picking you up and whatnot. I'm sure it's especially annoying when they're not around at the moment xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Hahaha yeah! I think the silliness of it is totally part of the fun though XD

@Kanti- You're wearing a tail in public and worried about looking silly in a wheelchair?
    Alveric

For my novel, The Accidental Mermaid, go to http://mermaidsofxanadu.com/
    Coming in 2014: ​Spindrift

..... Touche' Alveric xD
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    It's been awhile, so how about this for a June Challenge: Mer-Resort. With the premise that Disney World wants to open a mer-themed park using their long-abandoned River Country water park as a starting point, what would you do with it? River Country
    (Formerly known as Æolius)