Thread: Changing The Militant Image Of Animal Rights Activists

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Broussard View Post
    yes, I've watched it. Once when the video came out, and then again when you posted it. Infact my first sentence is a direct quote from the video. as far as reading what you posted...not much to respond to. So I responded with my own debate.
    Ah, I misunderstood your intentions with your last post. When you said "It's not a problem so why mention it?" I thought that you were responding to me since you quoted me and all. Now I get that you were just adding to my response rather than trying to rebut me with my own point. My mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    I prefer to think most alien species don't match humans in stupidity.
    I mean, come on.
    It doesn't take a genius to figure out that resources are limited, yet the populace all over the planet (with very few exceptions) is rapidly growing.
    While this problem has been known for decades, no government in the world has actually tackled it (China tried for a while, but the results are still lacking somewhat), on the contrary, many countries even openly SUPPORT rampant procreation.

If you look back into human prehistory, it is pretty much a proven fact that the entire pleistocene megafauna (from cave lions/bears to mammoths and everything else larger than a rabbit) was wiped out by humans through completely idiotic "hunting" methods (i.e. killing an entire herd each time).

While there were here and there some tribes about who knew how to exist in a subsistent way, they were always a minority (and usually deplaced or killed by the...unwise human species).
    Majority of humans can only be likened to parasites multiplying on a host til it collapses and dies.
    This is a thing, ticks and other parasites (also viruses) behave this way, but there is a difference:
    those parasites can actually find a new host after they kill their current one.
    Humans will die WITH their host , but they are still too dumb to change their behaviour.

I have kind of given up on it tbh.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I feel I should point out that we are not killing the planet. We are killing ourselves. We have yet to do anything to the ocean or the land where life cannot regrow from it, though it may be uninhabitable to us and the creatures that we're used to living with. Yes, we're going to kill off a lot of different species if we keep going the way we are, but life always finds a way. When we are dying of cancer from the smog and the radiation, new life that is immune to our poison is going to evolve and thrive. It's already happening, in the areas aroundChernobyl that are too radioactive for us, wildlife flourishes.

Environmentalism isn't truly about saving the planet, it is strong enough to withstand our bullshit and it's not within our power to destroy. It's about saving ourselves and life as we've come to understand it. Most of us just haven't realized it yet.
    Last edited by BlueCorvidae; 02-14-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com