People who are into animal rights get a bad rap for being very militant and pushy, something I certainly admit to being guilty of myself. I feel bad sometimes because I feel like in the past I got off on the wrong fluke with other mers because they didn't share my passion for those issues, people I could've perhaps been friends with had circumstances been a little different. I've gotten to the point now that I personally believe that vegetarians, vegans, and others concerned about animal welfare and the environment should at least try to be respectful, polite, and kind to everyone, as after all humans are animals too, so being kind to people IS being kind to animals technically. The whole ideology of animal welfare is, at least to me, based on the principles of being as kind and compassionate as possible and "doing no harm", so I think it's very unfortunate indeed that animal rights activists have a reputation of...not being very nice. We need to kill with kindness, not scare people away with pushiness and militancy(sp?). PETA has undeniably introduced a lot of people to animal rights, but unfortunately they have also embraced sexism, ableism, body-shaming, and other forms of negative energy in their campaigns. I love Sea Shepherd's work, but let's face it...Paul Watson sure ain't gonna will any Mr. Congeniality awards any time soon. We need to remember that the old saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is there for a reason.