Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid Boobs.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    <---38B (sometimes C) big chest, no bewbs.

I got cleavage, I just sit on it.

For those who are looking for something not so cleave-tastic, have you considered a halter-style top? You could probably modify a supporting bra under it, but you wouldn't have the scooping water/busting out all over problem. A lot of these are crocheted, so you could go with a fishnet look while keeping the girls under control.

Name:  halter.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  321.9 KB

Those are really cool!
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    Those are beautiful.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    lol *wipes tear* I just want every noon to be happy heathy and comfortable. They deserve its. *sniffle*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha, I love how your iPhone is afraid to write the word boob.

And thank you Wes, for your tireless crusade. Speaking of which, you'd love my mom. The family business is bra fitting, and for her correcting the fact that so many women wear the wrong size is a sacred mission.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    *clenches fist* good.

Omg pearlie I love that. i almost bought a merbella top in a similar style.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Of course Merbella has a top in a similar style.

I'm always playing Catch Up.

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    ^lol great minds and all that.
    hm... i could make that.... i think...

I'd love to see it Wesley!
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post

For those who are looking for something not so cleave-tastic, have you considered a halter-style top? You could probably modify a supporting bra under it, but you wouldn't have the scooping water/busting out all over problem. A lot of these are crocheted, so you could go with a fishnet look while keeping the girls under control.

The halter look is awesome however, Bigger busted Mers need straps that are AT LEAST 2 inches wide. Any less and the weight of the breasts cause the strap to cut into the neck. Also need wide side straps. I have a hard time finding tops because I'm an e-cup and NOBODY is willing to create something that would suit me. It's awkward and deeply unpleasant.
    The only thing I've ever been about to find is that white ruffled top I wear, but even that is beginning to wear.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    The halter look is awesome however, Bigger busted Mers need straps that are AT LEAST 2 inches wide. Any less and the weight of the breasts cause the strap to cut into the neck. Also need wide side straps. I have a hard time finding tops because I'm an e-cup and NOBODY is willing to create something that would suit me. It's awkward and deeply unpleasant.
    The only thing I've ever been about to find is that white ruffled top I wear, but even that is beginning to wear.
    I only know how to make one piece swimsuit. But I see that you are a seashell wearing mermaid, so I don't even know how one would decorate a one piece to look fish worthy.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Wesley View Post
    *sigh* a sports bra that would fit me would probably be like 80 bucks... I mean, one that would WORK. i could buy one thats just elastic but that isnt going to do anything.
    This is why i dont run even when they do fit, i get sweaty boobs. so fun.

And I think some nude fabric could work. or just the netting, you can sew in greenery or sequins or pearls That cup shape can definitely add some bewbiness and putting some nice drapey fabric could be really pretty.
    (this is a personal question so bear with me) A 38 band size is pretty big, i mean it all depends on the shape of your ribcage,but for a 16 year old who is slim (and based on your picture) , I want to say that you might be in the wrong size bra if you measure around your chest under your breasts, that is your band size. this is the reason that i cut the straps off old bras to make mermaid tops, it actually makes them fit better when I make them tie in the back. Sorry i got off topic.. I'm so passionate about bra sizes now that I've been fitted properly. (30 E/F and I used to obstinately wear a 34 DD) And if you are in fact wearing the right size, my apologies! bra sizes are stupid. and hard to gauge.
    I am also a big advocate for correct bra sizing. I went for years wearing a 34B, only to find out that I'm actually a 32D/DD. Imagine my surprise

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    I spent ages making a top for each of my tail colours- scale tops, shell tops, sequin tops...only to find that as soon as I swim the way I'm used to, they cover nothing.

Now all my tops collect dust in the cupboard.
    I use one piece bathing suits instead.

[ATTACH]31498[/ATTACHyou could try adding netting like this... I did this for my top.. I'm a 36E so I understand bpob woes very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by -Annwyn- View Post
    Honey I'm an Ecup also. ... I make my own tops... message me!!!

I'm in the beginning stages of a new top because, surprise surprise, my boobs got bigger after the baby...they don't fit in my current top.

Stupid boobs!
    Follow me as I start my journey to become Mermaid Bjossa...
    http://becomingbjossa.blogspot.com/

I LOVE the halter style idea. That look rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post

"SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

I'm with others who say one piece swimsuits. My current one and the one I'm looking into buying are both sarong front style, so at least from the front you wouldn't notice right away that it actually tucks under the tail. Swimdresses might work as well since they have skirts all the way around.

And if we're going on a boob rant, I still have no fishing clue what my bra size is and I swear it changes every time I get measured. My boobles are... not what you would call "spherical" or "perky" so the usual method of measuring them just doesn't seem to work.

Fancy a cup of mermaid tea?

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciriun View Post
    My boobles are... not what you would call "spherical" or "perky" so the usual method of measuring them just doesn't seem to work.
    Right there with you. No idea what size I should be wearing.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    ...This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.