Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Refunds

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar

Refunds

Hey All.

I wanted to enquire as to who is still waiting for a tail refund from Jesse. Mine started OK back at the end of April but I have had nothing for a month. The guy still owes me $375 and he is not returning my calls texts or emails.

I emailed his ex and he assures me Jesse is going to "make good" but I am really not buying it anymore. Has this guy run off with my money forever?
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    I would say keep bugging him honestly. Call/text him from different numbers every single day until you get a response.

Even if he doesn't have the money right now, he owes you an explanation and some kind of a stable repayment plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the thing he did have a payment plan then it just stopped. This man is driving me crazy!

Lawsuit! Seriously a guy cant just run away with your money and get away with it. Forget you trying to bug him get the police to. Or somebody!

Will that really work if I'm in England?

Weird, I just posted to this thread but my post doesn't show up. What happened?? hmmm

Let me try again...
    Jesse owes me $650. he said he would refund me in full via paypal but I haven't seen a penny. I happen to know that he owes my merfriend Nixie thousands and hasn't refunded her either.
    Want to bring a lawsuit against him together?

Oh that's so terrible I'm so sorry you guys!
    Looks like Jesse is heading to the MerNetwork blacklist if he doesn't refund everything he owes people here soon..

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Yes I do Penny. I have had enough of this thieving prick!

Hello,

I paid Jesse Caldwell $2,400 for a deluxe silicone tail May 20, 2013. I have not received a tail, but my hard earned cash is gone. Though he has promised several times to produce the tail it has not happened. On one occasion I let it slide because he claimed he was grieving his grandmothers passing. Lo and behold the next day he was posting pics on social media with an ear to ear smile as he rode roller coasters at an amusement park. He should have been working all weekend to produce our tails. I am all in for a lawsuit. I have been extremely patient with this man. I'm guessing there are several, if not many others in our situation. My tail alone adds up to grand larceny.

Dang, that's 3,425.00!!! Just between the 3 of us! Wonder who else is owed? I suppose he had a good time spending our $$$$

I messaged two more people I saw on Facebook that ordered tails from MMC a year after I did. They were posting on the MMC page in regards refunds. One said she had spoken to her attorney who told her it was a felony. I added a link to this thread in case they'd like to join in. Anyway, this tells me he took in money again and again knowing he was not making tails at the time. That is fraudulent. Anyone who paid via PayPal should log into your account there and lodge a complaint. Unfortunately PayPal has a dispute process limited to 180 days after purchase. Of course we all were told it would take months to produce our tails so the 180 day limit passes us by. Because he can easily take in money over the internet and victimize other he should be reported. At the very least he would be investigated, and most likely have his account shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Nixie View Post
    I messaged two more people I saw on Facebook that ordered tails from MMC a year after I did. They were posting on the MMC page in regards refunds. One said she had spoken to her attorney who told her it was a felony. I added a link to this thread in case they'd like to join in. Anyway, this tells me he took in money again and again knowing he was not making tails at the time. That is fraudulent. Anyone who paid via PayPal should log into your account there and lodge a complaint. Unfortunately PayPal has a dispute process limited to 180 days after purchase. Of course we all were told it would take months to produce our tails so the 180 day limit passes us by. Because he can easily take in money over the internet and victimize other he should be reported. At the very least he would be investigated, and most likely have his account shut down.
    Thank you Mermaid Nixie for contacting me. I am mermaid crystal, and have also been Swindled by this man and am willing to do whatever it takes to try to get our money back. I also go a basic tail for $650 and paid in full upon paying him. I ordered my tail back in April of last year, that is almost a year and a half ago. I too got the same bs story and sent my condolences for his grieving but he still made an agreement on my tail and up until Jan 28th of this year he was still promising my tail and now since then has not returned a single message or call.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Guys, Jesse is a good guy. He's been on hard times and been struggling personally with a LOT. This isn't an excuse, but not all of us have jobs to be refunding hundreds of dollars at a time to multiple people and Jesse is no exception. Has anyone given thought to the fact that the real world sucks and he may not be paying because he doesn't have a human job right now(i don't know but it could happen). And even if he does, he may not have two, or one good enough to cover any more than transport to/from work and his rent and food. Have patience, be kind and stick with him. Messages daily, and threats of legal actions only make the situation worse, because you may be drumming down his want to be involved at all in an otherwise potentially downturned position as is. I've been put out of business by a different tail-maker and am being ignored on refunds. Shit happens, you'll earn the money back in time, or he'll get it to you. Chill.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    He should have thought of that before he spent money on things other than his business expenses. Sounds like he isn't trying to make good on ANY of his transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    He should have thought of that before he spent money on things other than his business expenses. Sounds like he isn't trying to make good on ANY of his transactions.
    This. Of course shit happens and people can fall on hard times or experience personal losses. But that doesn't make it morally or legally acceptable to run off with thousands of dollars of other people's money. It shows EXTREMELY poor business sense to spend money that people have paid you for a product without actually supplying that product. If you can't handle the workload, don't take the orders. People have every right to be upset and angry. They are under no obligation to chill :P

Do I sense a leave Jesse alone??

Nope nope nope. Get out of the thread, honestly. How patronizing to the people in this thread!

Yeah...seriously. It's not like they just lent their favorite book to a friend who is now going through a rough time and can't remember where they left it. We're talking about a theft of thousands of dollars from multiple people. I would be livid if I was in their position. In fact, I'm livid FOR them. I don't usually weigh in on these types of threads (I generally avoid drama at all costs) but theft is never excusable and defending thievery is pretty uncool.

It wouldn't be acceptable with any other business, even small businesses. It is theft. A lot of people steal from others and have bad shit going on in their life. Do the police or courts care? Nope.

I'm so sorry guys! Wow, that's a lot of money to part with and get nothing in return. I say go ahead and pursue a lawsuit
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W