Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Refunds

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    Yeah...seriously. It's not like they just lent their favorite book to a friend who is now going through a rough time and can't remember where they left it. We're talking about a theft of thousands of dollars from multiple people. I would be livid if I was in their position. In fact, I'm livid FOR them. I don't usually weigh in on these types of threads (I generally avoid drama at all costs) but theft is never excusable and defending thievery is pretty uncool.
    I guess with a similar situation to them, I'm just handling the lack of response in a more "give up on shit" route. My parents and I spent EVERYTHING left from my company money to get my tail, it fell apart by the end of use 2, at the dorsal and the fluke and by use 5 i had to gut the fluke of oozing green goop that stunk so bad my eyes watered and i had to bee-line for the toilet. If you're not being heard, you're not going to be heard and why keep fighting. But I'm broken from this happening multiple times to me so... Sorry for not seeing the fighting route clearly?

Mermaid Creations has been blacklisted and an advisory has been put up on the tailmakers page advising people to post here if they're waiting on a refund/tail from him.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Thank you Iona. It sucks they have to go through this. makes me wonder if i'd be in more or less pain if my tail had just never come instead of come and be used twice for less that 4 hours total before it started falling apart. I may have been in less pain but been more angry.

Your experience is totally different. I addressed your issue in one if the three threads you made. It is not the same as paying in full for a tail you never got, and not being given your money back.

Senior Member Euro Pod Samantha Siren's Avatar
    So what's our plan of action people. Being in England I'm not sure how much I can do.
    User formerly known as "Samantha".

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Siren View Post
    So what's our plan of action people. Being in England I'm not sure how much I can do.
    Dear Samantha, I touched base with a local internet law firm in my country, they advised to follow a lawsuit claim in the state in which Mermaid Creations is based which is Ohio, you may need to find an appropriate lawyer who can handle particularly internet business' in my opinion and be sure to let all the parties involved who are affected by Jesse that they have proof of emails and any other records particularly of payment to be kept.

Wishing you all the best Samantha and to the others affected by Jesse.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life is a splash 🌊 ~ What do you choose - Shallow or Deep? Make an impact today 💕

Well the surprising thing is he just sent me a another $100. I guess calling him 50 times a day and calling him a thief is stating to do the trick. Only $275 to go

I don't doubt that Jesse is a good guy irl that messed up totally as a businessman, that's okay but take the consequences.
    A good guy would have kept in touch with their clients though, even if no money was a available to send at the moment.

I sent him a very sarcastic message saying exactly that. I have told him over and over again to keep me in the know but his lack of communication has tipped me over the edge. I'm giving no more head space. I told him either hebpays the rest by the 1st or I'm filing a lawsuit. Let's see if he replies

Jesse constantly hit on sean to the point of being super uncomfortable for both of us and sean would try and redirect it with kindness. And dude was engaged. I think a good guy would a been honest from the very start and made every effort to pay back instead of waiting for threats

I never really got along well with Jesse, not saying he's a horrible evil person or anything, but our personalities and interests did not mesh well together for the most part.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Jesse sent my last payment! Guess coatant ringing,emailing and threatening a lawsuit worked. Keep at him people. It has worked.for.me!

congrats!!!

Glad you finally got your refund, Samantha! Even if it isn't the full amount, but it's a start!

With regards to Jesse, I've said it before and I'll say it again: When someone hands you money for a product, until that product is in the customer's hands, that money doesn't belong to you. You use whatever you quoted to buy the materials, the rest is put waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy the hell away while you're actually working on it. That money isn't yours until you've earned it, and stays untouched specifically to avoid situations like this-- If something comes up and you can't finish the tail, ta-daaa! You refund the client what they're owed* in one go, apologize for the inconvenience, and then you're done with it. None of this dicking around, no avoiding phone calls, no potential lawsuits. This is basic business shit.

I understand that things got like this because he ran into personal problems, but what Jesse fails to understand is that the problems that come up in his life are not his client's problems.​ Most clients will be totally understanding and patient if he explains the situation to them, let him take his time and all to get back on his feet, but they are under ZERO obligation to do so. If they decide that they've waited long enough and want a refund, he needs to work with them to accommodate that ASAP-- Not disappear off the face of the planet and only quietly throw pennies at his clients with no communication.

I agree with Yulia; I don't necessarily believe that Jesse is a bad person, and I do honestly believe he's just an innocent guy who got in way over his head as, unfortunately, a LOT of aspiring tailmakers do. But there's a right way and a wrong way to handle these situations, and Jesse is knowingly doing everything wrong. By refusing to acknowledge his clients and the thousands of dollars that he owes, and by running away from everything, he's become a thief. He's no better than Fishbutts or Kanti at this point. And this is why I will never understand people who defend this kind of behavior and tell his understandably pissed off clients to "chill."

I'm glad that Samantha's seen something from him, but given the amount of waiting around, phone calls and threats of legal action it took just for him to send her $100 leaves me uneasy about the rest of the funds he owes, not just for Samantha but everyone else he owes, too; which, just from the numbers posted in this thread (including Sam's remaining refund) is just shy of $4,000. And there are more clients waiting who aren't on the forum, so who knows just how high the total really is?
    Last edited by Starfrit; 07-29-2015 at 01:36 AM.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    So, apparently i posted in the wrong thread yesterday. I apologize. My husband and I "took advantage of a sale" he was having on his basic tails. We ordered a solid black basic tail for $600 in March of 2014. Two messages and 18 months later, we have no tail, have not been asked for measurements, and have not been issued a refund.

I know Mermaid Nymora was put in a similar situation, as well.

EDIT: So adding this to Tieri's calculations above, that's $5200.
    Last edited by Mermaid Dottie; 08-03-2015 at 01:36 PM.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

and you wont be getting one since he's selling off the molds obviously. this seriously sucks. you guys have a merling coming you need your 600$ back

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    I am also owed money from his "sale" $675 (gave him shipping along with the price of the tail) have received nothing, and while he was being good in the beginning and messaging me, I messaged him about 3 months ago and again 3 weeks ago... nothing.

At this point I'm probably never going to buy another tail, and I've been a little done with the whole mermaid world. Maybe someday I'll come back, but this experience has kicked me in the ass so hard (along with a divorce, and my mother going through cancer treatment... my 2014 - 2015 hasn't been the best).

If I can help by signing paperwork if anything does come of a lawsuit, I'm more than happy, but otherwise I'd like to mostly be left out of it. I'm at a point where I don't care and it's easier than getting money back. I know he doesn't have it and I'll never get it back anyway.

Also, sorry being late to this thread. I honestly don't come here much anymore.

Someone mentioned in my contest thread too about never getting their tail

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Hey,

Its Steampunk Nymora

I was apart of the the Jesse special as well $650. Mermaid Dottie mentioned my dilemma. I am pressing charges and am just working on finding the appropriate attorney to look into it.

We purchased a guppy tail in March and once Jesse received the money through Paypal we have lost all correspondence. He will not return e-mail messages. The tail was for my son's 9th birthday. My son used money he saved from Christmas along with money he received from family and friends for his Birthday to pay for the $480 tail. Based on the comments on this thread it does not look like he will refund my son's money. Not sure if I could sleep at night knowing I stole $480 from a nine year old.