So... I have a nice scale model that I would like to make a mold of. I'm experimenting with Instamold (for mold) and silicone (for cast) right now with starfish... however, I would like to use a more permanent material (rather than the not permanent Instamold) when I make a mold of my fish scales....

do you have any advice on what kinds of molds make the most lasting/reliable molds?? also, where I can get it? etc. Michaels, online, etc...

--------

I was thinking that If i used silicone for the mold, and then was trying to to cast with silicone, I would need some type of non-stick agent for silicone so that the cured silicone won't adhere to the uncured silicone.... opinions? does this sound accurate? if so, what type of non-stick agent should I use?

If I use a latex mold, and a silicone cast.. would I still need to get a non-stick agent?

hmmm.. this is all so confusing, I would appreciate any advice..

as you can see, I am trying to create a silicone tail.. which I will do in sections. meaning that, I will purchase silicone in installments and only create what I can afford at any given moment. so this tail will take a long time, but I'm really hoping for something spectacular... at least i'm hoping!

your help is greatly appreciated!!

<>< Mermaid Jaimie/thelocalmermaid

www.facebook.com/thelocalmermaid
www.etsy.com/shop/thelocalmermaid