Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: not getting email notifications, yahoo

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

not getting email notifications, yahoo

For some reason for maybe a week I haven't been getting email notifications? I rely on them because I live where I get verrrrrry bad internet reception. At first they were very sporadic notification emails coming late after someone replied to a thread, then not at all. I also don't get emails for PMs! It all sucks because the threads are about local mermeets! I checked my spam folder and nothing has been routed there (which sometimes happens).

That's been happening to me a lot recently, too. I'd only realize that someone had messaged me or replied to my comment in a thread when I was actually specifically scrolling through the forums looking for it. I don't know why it was doing that, but it seems to be working again for me now.

I'm not seeing any reason why this should be an issue, but emails sent out via software can be spotty sometimes. Software using a email account that sends out through a sever can raise a lot of "spam" flags for email services, sometimes the emails don't go through to one's inbox at all because the email providers block them getting through all together! I can look into it and also ask the other admin if he has any ideas (he's better with the in depth software stuff).

Until then, you can try putting the MerNetwork email (mernetwork@gmail.com) in your contacts on your email account- sometimes this works becuase it white flags any emails coming from the address.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Mine did that for a while, gmail decided Mernetwork was spam. I re-added and still wasn't getting all my notifications, but I always end up going to the What's New link anyway, so for me, it doesn't matter.

EH??? *holds up ear trumpet* What's that you say, dearie?? Eee-mail? Spam? Oh dear, you young'uns are confusing my poor old head with this technological fiddle-faddle!

(It was all in my spam folder, I didn't think to check there before because I'm so old and senile)

Quote Originally Posted by Theobromine View Post
    EH??? *holds up ear trumpet* What's that you say, dearie?? Eee-mail? Spam? Oh dear, you young'uns are confusing my poor old head with this technological fiddle-faddle!

(It was all in my spam folder, I didn't think to check there before because I'm so old and senile)
    You are just NEVER gonna let that go are you? XP For those that don't know, I was mildly freaking out on my 26th birthday about being closer to 30 than 20 and Miss Cyanea here is NEVER gonna let me live it down, haha! :P

That said, I'm glad you figured out it was in your spam

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    You are just NEVER gonna let that go are you? XP For those that don't know, I was mildly freaking out on my 26th birthday about being closer to 30 than 20 and Miss Cyanea here is NEVER gonna let me live it down, haha! :P
    Haha, it's cuz I love you so much, of course I have to give you crap! Also because I'm old and I keep forgetting if I've given you crap for it or not, you young whippersnapper!

Srsly though, pro tip, don't gripe to a 30-year-old about turning 26 and how old it makes you feel to be closer to 30 than 20!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I still haven't found anything in my spam folder, but the emails started coming ironically after I made this thread. All better, I guess!