Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I give up. Hate can win, I'll complain. Loudly.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel

I give up. Hate can win, I'll complain. Loudly.

Does anyone know that sensation whenyou receive life-altering information so horrible it hurts and youstart to cry and then have to stifle a scream of AGONY coming fromyour core? The number of times I have felt this in the last few daysshould be a crime.
    In either November or December of 2013my parents made the greatest Grad/Career/happiness restarter gift anyparent could. They bought a Purple Rainbow Tail for me, because ichose the company for the cause they support. I was told it'd be doneby late Feb/early March, then mid-April then late may, then June andit finally arrived in August. Some of this can be fogiven because hermoulds WOULD NOT cure properly.(I'm sure we all remember)
    Jazz is great with communication,until problems arise. I had to cancel several interviews with theOregon Aquariums, to the point i doubt Newport will communicate withme even if I DO get another tail, and several young girls' (and ayoung boy's) birthday guest. She offered to send a make-up for lostgigs and we moved on.
    The tail arrives in late August. Iuse it for 35 minutes in the pool at La Salle appartments inbeaverton OR. I used it twice more at that pool. Once for an hour andand 50 and once for closing on an hour. The fourth use was at theTualitin Hills Parks And Rec. Pool on Walker Rd. in Beaverton. Thefifth was a 26 minute photo shoot at Edmonds Beach near Seattle,which made the Edmonds paper. At this point, not only have severalholes been opened and patched after brief pool encounters, andmessages sent to Jazz about them, it becomes very evident that themonofins has been falling away from the fluke because of a lack ofdrainage points(as in none).
    We open the fluke for repairs. Almost300 dollars worth of repair work later, because my mum couldn't findE-6000 for under 12dollars at the time, we learn that we haven't beenset up with the right pieces. Either a Rapid or Wave was used in thetail, without anything between the plastic and silicon, so it neverwould have stuck long anyway with hydro-flow through the fin. Thereweren't any drainage holes because there weren't any passages leftfor the water, thus the giant water bubble I swam with uses 3&4.
    A few days ago, i messaged somelovely Mers who are fairly experienced in tail making/repairs and Ifind that to fix it will be another potentially close to a tailcost.followed by my mother letting me know that i likely only got thetail after about 8 months(dec-aug) because my parents had beenharassing Jazz.
    (Body-exhausting bawl-out of tearsand gut-wrenching quenched-screams of agony, number one)

I'll be selling "As is" onMernetwork , with several tubes of E-6000 so if anyone has the heartto finish the battle wants a silicon gold-fish base tail they cankeep her and love her. I love her, but i can't keep her aroundanymore. It hurts to look at her and see that my company is in the"non-existance" zone for the second time in my career.
    Today, I was on facebook and looked atthe page for my tailmaker and find she's communicating and making newtails just fine. No responses to any texts, emails, messages, orposts I've sent since Sept/Oct of 2014 for me though.

(Body-exhausting bawl-out of tears andgut-wrenching quenched-screams of agony, number two)

It's melodramatic and a little bitjurassic of me, but I'm going to say now that I'm drained. I have nomoney left to pour into a new tail, or restarting my company that wasalmost off to a start again and I have no heart left to scrapetogether what i can from my mediocre bussing job, can drives andanything else before I make it to Basic AirForce Training to find outI haven't scraped enough anyway. No hope. And it's getting REALLYhard to keep my hope in humanity alive.
    All for now. Thanks for reading, if youdid. This'll be the last message you see for my attempt to haveSOMETHING happen. Anything. It does hurt to feel ignored, not only byjazz but those continuously applauding her work on the new tails onher page.

aw, i am very sorry to hear that. that is super awful, i hope a silver lineing finds you soon.

(i know you are super upset and i don't want to derail that at all but you should know that the forum considers it spamming to post several different threads with the same info in it. i donkt mean to be insinsitive to your plight but when you post a thread with the exact same post several times it clutters the forum greatly and is a very large hassle on the admins and other mers. again, so sorry for what you are going through but it would really help everybody out if you focused this issue in one thread.)
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

again, just to be clear, very sympathetic and sorry to hear what happened to your tail, it sounds awful, i swear i am not trying to invalidate that, i just know from watching others that it is considered rude to make more then one thread of the exact same info.
    User formerly known as "LittleBlue222".

Sorry to hear about your experience.

I know it is a moot point now but no one should book any kind of interview or event until they have their tail, because regardless of the maker... They get delayed. Even when shipped on time the mail or customs can keep them.

The lack of drainage damaging fluke is also pretty standard. Too many mers don't drain through their waist and just lift their flukes around filled with water putting pressure on them. It'll split any fluke. It is important to note that's pretty standard with tails too . it isn't until recently that tail makers started adding reliable drainage

Most tail makers also have no idea how to glue down a monofin
    This is also standard because the monofin inhibits the cure. I think only two commercial tail makers have figured it out and it is kept secret. E6000 is not the cure all people seem to think it is either.... Especially for heavy duty like that.

The thing is you full knowingly bought from a child. She's 14 turning 15 now but she would of just turned 13 at that point. You can't expect the same level and it would of been one of her first tails. All factors in why you pay less for it.

Your issues are standard for less expensive tails. Even mertailor tails do it. So it sounds like a combination of taking a chance on a child tail maker, perhaps not having accurate expectations, common drainage issues, and perhaps not knowing the proper methods of preventing fluke damage when you don't have drainage.

I don't think it would be too hard for someone to add some drainage and patch it up... But photos would certainly help people determine.

I think people reallllly need to keep certain things in perspective when buying from brand new tail makers. You can also at least feel good about the fact that part of the money she makes through tails goes to charity.

You're double posting but I thought I'd reply again.

Sorry to hear about your experience. <br />
    <br />
    I know it is a moot point now but no one should book any kind of interview or event until they have their tail, because regardless of the maker... They get delayed. Even when shipped on time the mail or customs can keep them. <br />
    <br />
    The lack of drainage damaging fluke is also pretty standard. Too many mers don't drain through their waist and just lift their flukes around filled with water putting pressure on them. It'll split any fluke. It is important to note that's pretty standard with tails too . it isn't until recently that tail makers started adding reliable drainage <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Most tail makers also have no idea how to glue down a monofin<br />
    This is also standard because the monofin inhibits the cure. I think only two commercial tail makers have figured it out and it is kept secret. E6000 is not the cure all people seem to think it is either.... Especially for heavy duty like that. <br />
    <br />
    The thing is you full knowingly bought from a child. She's 14 turning 15 now but she would of just turned 13 at that point. You can't expect the same level and it would of been one of her first tails. All factors in why you pay less for it. <br />
    <br />
    Your issues are standard for less expensive tails. Even mertailor tails do it. So it sounds like a combination of taking a chance on a child tail maker, perhaps not having accurate expectations, common drainage issues, and perhaps not knowing the proper methods of preventing fluke damage when you don't have drainage. <br />
    <br />
    I don't think it would be too hard for someone to add some drainage and patch it up... But photos would certainly help people determine. <br />
    <br />
    I think people reallllly need to keep certain things in perspective when buying from brand new tail makers. You can also at least feel good about the fact that part of the money she makes through tails goes to charity.

You've posted this 3 times now

I still feel so terrible about this. She was doing great, and then left you with this. :-(
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

followed by my mother letting me know that i likely only got thetail after about 8 months(dec-aug) because my parents had beenharassing Jazz.
    o.O I find this statement a bit disturbing, and perhaps the reason why you haven't been contacted back. I agree with the statements that Raina made, especially about the E6000. Throughout many maker threads, there are repeated posts that nothing adheres to silicone but silicone. The good news now is that there is a lot more information on Mernetwork to help you fix the tail, if that is what you choose to do.

There are more options than silicone tails out there as well, and there are plenty of mers who do gigs in them. You don't need to know how to sew with a fancy sewing machine either. Anyone can learn to hand-stitch from a Youtube video. Thread, needle, scissors, and fabric might run you $200 at Joanne's if you don't bother to take advantage of their coupons.

This is just so not fair! I hate to read this every time , over and over on this forum.

I really think people should pause and take context of this situation before hopping all over jazz = bad.

Guys, Coradion and I talked with Nyssa when we found out about her tail, it was uncured. There wasn't much fixing it period. With anything. E6000 was our best guess for a quick fix (that's what I used to seam up the bottom of my fish butt. Parts of Nyssa's tail were gooey. Like, it was not pretty. Nyssa, you should post pictures.
    "It is your choice to hide in a shell, or to be shrimply fintastic by being yourself"
    www.mermaidharmony.com
    MermaidHarmony@gmail.com Facebook:Mermaid Harmony Twitter: @MermaidHarmony

Ah it didn't come across clearly in the post that it was uncured. Perhaps having problems with curing is part of why it took so long, but with Nyssa's parents harassing them ( her words) they just sent it out before figuring it out.

You said jazz was doing so well but at the point of ordering this tail she would of made what, 2? 3? It is unfortunate that the product wasn't great but that's the risk you take with a) a brand new tail maker b) a child. There wasn't any client reviews or anything to know she was doing well.

I see Nyssa asked another person who has only made one tail to make her one in another thread. Perhaps it be better to sell this one off and go with someone more established instead.

( to be fair I do find it confusing why Nyssa was essentially defending Jesse in the other thread but then this here.)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Maybe Jesse's schedule is open?

I give up. Hate can win, I'll complain. Loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Maybe Jesse's schedule is open?
    *trying hard to not laugh*
    Last edited by Merman Arion; 07-20-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Uncured really sucks though. Not much can be done

in the original post, it was left out that the tail was uncured so I do see where Raina was coming from because after reading it I thought of the same thing, that you took a chance with a new tailmaker who is also a child, that you tried to incorrectly fix the tail, and that you probably man-handled a tail with no drainage (tho tbh, I don't have a silicone tail, so my only experience with a tail without drainage was handling my practice neoprene tail without any drainage holes in it.) This is a shame that the tail was uncured though, did you contact Jazz once you received the tail and it was squishy/ you realized that something may have been wrong with the tail? Did you contact her when you had the damage to your tail? Did you contact her to try and get instructions on fixing the fluke after the damage?

can we get a mod/admin in here to delete the repost of these threads and keep the one with the most replies?

I'm sorry to hear this about Jazz I really like her a lot as a person, but she is still VERY young, probably the youngest professional tailmaker around. I know she passionately wanted to use her love of mermaids to raise money for what truly is a great cause, transgendered youth, but it sounds like she bit off more than she could chew as a relatively inexperienced tailmaker starting a business. The realistic, high-end tails sound so incredibly difficult to make and maintain, with even well-established tailmakers still sometimes churning out the occasional lemon, that she was probably better off selling something easier to make, such as fabric tails or mer-accessories to support her cause. In any case, Jazz does seem like a genuinely kind and smart girl that I second the advice others gave to contact her and explain your problem to her. I'm sure she'd try to do what she can, but she is a busy young lady with a reality show now, so, I suppose she might not have a lot of time now to devote to her tailmaking.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Sorry to hear about that. I know just how much it can suck to pay alot, wait a very long time, and get a sub standard product. Thankfully I'm getting some of my money back. I would stay calm but focused and talk that way to jazzy about getting at least a partial refund as well as constructive criticism about how she could improve her tails.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    These threads have been merged into one thread.
    The threads "I give up. Hate can win, I'll complain. Loudly.", "GRRrrrruhhhhelp?", and "New tail coming online for sale, soon." have been merged into one thread.

Nyssa, I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to you. In the future please do not post redundant threads.