Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sequin Tail Adventure

A Sequin Tail Adventure

Welcome to my first ever tailmaking adventure! I am going to me making an Ariel tail with sequins.
    I am going to be making my monofin with my TYR Burner fins, so that is going to be an adventure all of it's own. I am searching around for sequins and neoprene right now, so suggestions for cheap options would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at Cartwright sequins, but can't decide on the right colors.
    Anyways, wish me luck!

I stopped by Home Depot yesterday looking for PVC sheeting for the monofin, but couldn't find any. I'm going to head to another Home Depot today looking for Lexan. Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay for sequin tails! I placed an order @ Cartwrights, and threw ALL their 22mm shell sample packs in my cart for good measure. I'm thinking most will be way too green for my needs, but if nothing else I'll be posting more color-accurate photos of them when they finally arrive. Hopefully that will be of help to you! What I don't want to use myself I'll resell on the cheap. =)

that's the most exciting part of making a sequin tail, picking the colors!! I'm excited to see your tail making progress! (:

After trips to 5 different hardware stores, I finally found Lexan! I'm going to get a jigsaw in the next few days and cut my monofin!

I still haven't cut my monofin But! Thanks to RNHime, I found the sequins I want and ordered some samples from Cartwright! I'm hoping they will be here in 10 days. I decided to go against buying neoprene, because it's really expensive and if my sagging becomes really bad I can always just sow the spandex and neoprene together.

I am using the spandex on the right. I'm not covering the fluke with sequins, probably just the bottom to cover the monofin zipper.

Yay, I'm so glad I could help and I'm excited to see what you make!

I ordered my sequins today!! I got 1 gold, Midori, Lemon Lime, and Seaspray. I'm so excited for them to come in!! Meanwhile, I still have to cut my Lexan. Whoops.

My sequins came!!! I'm so excited!!!! And my spandex will come tomorrow! I start school on Tuesday, so this project is going to take a very long time, but YAY!

Ooooo! More sequin tails! Yay!
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

Here is a scale pattern! I'm thinking about taking out the gold, but I really like all the greens mixed together.

My spandex came, and I found if I double it up I can go without the expense of neoprene for awhile. Yay! I will probably start sowing tomorrow. I still don't have my monofin cut, I can't find a jigsaw ANYWHERE. Any suggestions on other tools?

Lovely colors!

Did you check all of the monofin and cutting monofin threads? I've only seen people use jigsaws (I'm pretty sure one had some insane heavy duty sanding tool) but you may be able to find someone who used a different tool.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Great colors! Can't wait to see the progress :-)