Thread: Costumes, Rhinestones & more! (Fundraising for tail or will trade!)

Costumes, Rhinestones & more! (Fundraising for tail or will trade!)

Hiya!

Well I'm a long time wanna be mermaid still trying to make enough moolah for her very first tail. I've made 'tail skirts' in the past (& am actually making another one for use at DraconCon this year) but have always wanted a swim-able tail. I love the Mertailor latex ones and am willing to give him a shot but do need to raise the finds first! This is pretty much the exact tail I want except I want smooth edges rather than the scallops on the bottom edge of the fluke. So I'm posting here with links to lots of goodies!

First; I create custom costumes & would love to make one for you! Link to my (slightly outdated) website!

Second, here is a link to my etsy site where I have information on custom making rhinestones shoes & items for you!

Third; I have an online garage sale currently going on with lots of goodies like dresses, shoes and more!

Lastly, I am a burlesque performer; here is a link to my website where not only can you purchase 8x10's but also you can see more of my recent costume & gown work.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or interest! Would be willing to trade for a tail too; just message me!

Thanks!

Oh god the sparkles! I think I have been blinded! ^_^ hehe Some of that stuff is absolutly beautiful and I comend you for your bravery and willingness to give Eric a try Hope you get it soon! By the way you look sexy as all get out on your website!

Heh, I do have an affinity for rhinestones & glitter.

As far as giving Eric a try I guess I'm just hopng for the best? His latex tails are half the price of others and still a bit much for me right now (Yay for unexpected high vet bills).

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Hey Crimson, totally checking out your pages right now Your costumes looks great if I can scrounge enough together I'd love to purchase one in time for Halloween! Great job on the jessica rabbit by the way and I am freaking loving those shoes.

I see your interested in the mertailor tails, and while I respect every person's right to make up their own mind and do things for yourself I am hoping you'll consider reading my review that includes photo and a video of the tail I received from him. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...rtailor-Review right now only a handful of his customers seem to be getting decent tails and even they have trouble with a few things they need to keep maintaining on their own. There's also been a lot of drama in the community with him and while I do have my own bias after having a bad experience with him, I think it's good to really scope things out. 499$ is a lot for a tail that he wont refund or fix and stands a huge chance of being nothing like you want. I can tell you right now most people do NOT receive tails that match what is on his website. A creative girl like you should consider purchasing a fabric tail to start I think- they're more affordable, easy to swim in, and with all your costume abilities I know you could really glam them up!

Here is a webpage of tail makers: http://www.mermaidtails.net/ a lot of people have had great experiences with "Mermaid tail swim costumes" and I've seen a few people vamp them up! Hopefully though in the future you'll be able to make your own tail

Anyway, I just had to give my 2 cents because I hate seeing people let down. For a few months there it seemed like things were really coming around in a positive way for mertailor but I dont believe so anymore. You do what you want though and what you feel is right. Best fishes!

I did see all the reviews & troubles (I've been a lurker for a long time) but thought he had been getting better recently. As far as using another tail maker I cannot afford over $1000 for something that I want 'just because' as I am not a professional mermaid & I wouldn't be able to use it for anything else but photos (which would be amazing but not cost effective).

I've emailed a couple of the fabric tail makers; I'm hoping the lady from merfolktails replies as I like those fabric ones best. As for making my own latex one (which I honestly did consider)... honestly I don't have the time to dedicate to doing that; I have too many hobbies and commitments elsewhere. But I wouldn't rule it out in the future.

Will just have to keep saving and hoping for the best!
    Last edited by Blaze; 07-20-2011 at 09:29 PM.

I totally feel you on feeling *forced* into getting a mertailor tail because there's nothing out there in your price range... I'm a nursing student and school isn't cheap. Your work is lovely I'm currently saving for my own tail, but as a few of the mers on here know, I'm a sucker for a dedicated mermaid! I'll pass your site around and see if I can scrounge up some customers for you

Thanks very much! Heh, my best friend just finished nursing school and passed the crazy long test (can't remember the name) for her final RN... that school is not only a money black hole but a time one as well! But I know it was worth I for her so keep plugging away!

The economy has hit everyone hard; not many people can afford expensive costumes & I can't afford to sell my work cheaply so any assistance would be appreciated! My site is a little out of date but I have many more photos on my Facebook.

Wow! I have actually stumbled across your site before, so it's a pleasure to "meet" you. Beautiful work!

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Wow! I have actually stumbled across your site before, so it's a pleasure to "meet" you. Beautiful work!
    Nice to meet you too! <3

Your costumes are absolutely beautiful! I wish I could order one for all my photography but alas I can't even get a realistic mer tail!

Chesapeake Pod
    Crimson Vision- I was looking at your dog, Ick's, page and saw that you wrote he might be part chihuahua, but to me he looks a lot like a puggle (puggle, beagle mix) BTW both of them are so cute. Good luck with raising $$$ for your tail : )

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Aqua View Post
    Crimson Vision- I was looking at your dog, Ick's, page and saw that you wrote he might be part chihuahua, but to me he looks a lot like a puggle (puggle, beagle mix) BTW both of them are so cute. Good luck with raising $$$ for your tail : )
    Oh he's definitely not a puggle; I'm familiar with them as well and Ick not only has the craziness of a chihuahua but I saw the father when I picked him up and the 'breeder' started selling 'pug-chus' at a later date.

Chesapeake Pod
    Either way he's SOOOO cute! my dog's would love him : )