Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: First tail

Follow NinaGabrielle On Twitter
    Follow NinaGabrielle on Tumblr

First tail

Hi! this is my first post on here so I'm not sure exactly where to start, but I'm looking for some advice on making my first tail. I've read and watched just about all the tutorials linked here but I thought it would be good to talk to some people about it first.

my overall question is if anybody has any idea where would be a good place to get a nice fabric to go over the monofin, kinda like the finfun tails have. I was going to use just regular striped fabric but i feel like that would look wrong.

I'm going to attempt to make a makeshift monofin out of regular diving fins until I have the money to buy a real one, so if anyone has any tips on making one that would be really helpful.

And I still haven't decided on a color yet, I have bright red hair so everyone tells me to make an ariel one but I'm not sure yet lol, so suggestions for that would be great too

Should go an introduce yourself

Well you should definitely use four way stretch spandex, it comes in a bunch of colors. All you have to do is look it up on google and order.
    she believed she could, so she did
    formerly known as Kalani

Hi Nina! I'm in the midst of attempting a fabric tail as well, but since it hasn't been going well you probably don't want advice from me. As for colors, if you don't want to go with Ariel style, maybe a violet or indigo tail would look nice with your hair? Or swing the other way and go bright yellow.

Fancy a cup of mermaid tea?