Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nim's Tailmaking Disaster-Diary

I'm so sorry to hear what happened to your kitten *hug*

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    Oh, Nim! I'm so sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Freshwater_Nim View Post
    Hey everyone!

I'm sorry for the delay on updates. Our kitten managed to get stuck in a cracked window. Once we found her there was nothing left we could do except put her to rest.
    However, I'm back at work now and things should progress again soon.

Looking forward to chatting with you lovlies again.

Nim

PS To anyone with windows; please don't leave them cracked unattended. A little six months old kitten will thank you for it. <3

I am so incredibly sorry to hear of your loss!! That's so sad. I'm sending hugs your way.
    Fairy magic is real!
    When Mermanda has her legs she creates coture gowns and bodices fit for the faerie queen herself.
    Come and take a peak inside a closet in the Fea realm here:
    Facebook.com/Amandakcosplay

Etsy shop

Senior Member Euro Pod Freshwater_Nim's Avatar

Name:  Lisa.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  51.5 KB

Name:  Lisa2.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  99.7 KB

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    What a beautiful kitty she was. <3

Thanks Celaeno. She really was.

The little fulfill better be more cautious in her next life! Eight still remain.

Here's Episode three of my crafting escapades. I hope you enjoy! Comments and suggestions as always welcome.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    I love your videos!

Notes as I watch:

1. Glow in the dark pigments, when used in quantities to make for a really dramatic glow, makes silicone look like snot. While it's a great idea in theory, I've only been swimming ONCE where it's dark enough to see the effect, and that was in a lake at night and it was very creepy.

2. Since I do individual scales, I find pigmenting my silicone experience quite different than yours, but I expect with scale sheets, it's harder to control.

3. I'd suggest using an oil-based clay like Plastilina for sculpting fins (I use it for everything!), no cracking, drying, and you can come back to it and sculpt any time! Plus, the oil in the clay acts as a release when you make a resin mold.

4. Ghost colors are also know as interference colors.

5. Your fins are gorgeous! Love the shape and the hint of the ghost/interference colors are hypnotic.

6. I can't wait for the next installment!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    LOVE watching the videos! The interference colors are fun to work with. I used quite a bit of it on my Hybrid tail and use a lot of it in my art work. Can't wait for the next installment!

Aww thanks for the notes Pearlie! I really appreciate them.

1. It does doesn't it! What a tragically accurate description Also; creepy is fun.

2. I suppose it must be yes. Thing is I'm a bloody annoying tinkerer and tend to make things more complicated for the sheer fun of it. We'll see how things develop.

3. That's a great idea. Funnily enough oil based clay is really hard to get a hold of here. Don't ask me why. And the few items I found were seriously expensive. But maybe I'll just have to face the music!

4. Yes, that's the word! Oh I was looking for that!

5. Thank you so much!

6. <3 I can't wait to get going properly again.

Thank you too Keiris! They are fun aren't they!

Senior Member Pod of Cali WaterDragon's Avatar
    I'm sorry about your kitty

Your side fins look beautifully executed and I look forward to seeing them with the added color

Hello everyone! Wow it's been a long time, and a rather horrible year. But I'm back and flailing onwards!

There was no time to make proper diary entries, so have a few shapshots, in more or less chronological order :-)
    As usual; always open for questions, comments and concerns.

Nim

Scales in progress...

Fluke in progress!

Last edited by Freshwater_Nim; 08-31-2016 at 09:57 AM.

This is all so beautiful! I saw the early scale patches as well- wow. Truly gorgeous.
    I am so sorry you have had a hard year. I hope it gets much smoother. I cannot wait to see this tail!

Thank you dear! ^^ It's tons of fun mermaiding again. I'll be back with more soon I hope.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Pardon me while I faint from the beauty!

And I hope life gets easier...for all of us!

(PS: I am so sorry about your kitten...I can't believe I neglected to comment on it before!)

Thanks Pearlie! For all of it Also your integration of the chameleon pigment totally rocks! I wish I'd figured it out as well as you did ;D

Nim, this is beyond words!!! I'm truly speechless! What I love the most about your work so far is how your colours are so colourful, and yet, they are still realistic! I don't know how on earth did you make blues and pinks so realistic, like a real freshwater fish! (FYI realistic coloured mermaid tails are my absolute thing I go crazy about them so you're on my inspiring people list now!!)
    And mermaid hugs for you - hang in there, it always gets better! <3

~**~**My tailmaking thread**~**~

Considering the name 'Mermaid Triteia'

The colors remind me of rainbow abalone and I am in love. Fintastic work! I hope things get better for you, merfriend. You've got so much talent in this!
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

@Moniee; hearing that means a lot to me! I'm so hoping to get a more realistic result ^^ Because as much as I respect and adore the handiwork of other tailmakers out there, the colours are just always too...overstated for little freshwater-me. We're not so flashy Also, your gold/black tail looks great. Very Art Nouveau. I love it.

@Whisper; Thanks merfriend! They already are ^^ And thank you so much for that lovely image, I hope I live up to the abalones example!

This metallic coloration is exactly what I love in silicone tails. You're doing an absolutely stunning job on this tail that is FAR from disastrous. I seriously can't wait to see you finish this masterpiece up. <3
    I know you've heard this a lot, but I'm truly sorry to hear about your kitty. Sending virtual hugs.
    That awkward moment when someone says mermaids aren't real... And I'm standing right next to them...

<3 I also go by
    Mermaid Myra as that is my business persona

<strike>
    </strike>

Check out my new Instagram page! <3
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidmyraofficial/

Come visit me on FaceBook!
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidmyra/

Swim by my YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb7...J8Shs1b10Psjrg

~Formerly known as "Mermaid Nerin"~

This tail is fantastic! It's so shiny and gorgeous! The colors are super realistic! I <3 it!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk