Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 534

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

  1. #1

    A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

    I thought I'd create a Christian corner for any Christian mers who would like to share testimonies, prayer requests, favorite songs and verses, questions, prophesies you've enjoyed, etc.

    This way we can read each other's posts and post on the thread any time, any day- like weekly meetups only they're 24/7 internet "meetups"! And afterall, strength is in numbers (Or in a school of fish)...(mermaid pun...heh heh...um).

    Today I learned that God's full salvation isn't once and for all, that there are stages- the spirit, the soul, and the body. Although God comes into our spirit through the initial stage, our soul is still full of Satan's nature. Like today I was enjoying in the Lord through reading the Bible and singing, but I will admit I threatened to kick a guy in the shin if he filmed me on his phone, so...I guess I'm not exactly to the second stage yet. But I know that doesn't happen overnight. It takes a whole lifetime. I am still trying to understand what the meaning of the 3rd stage is though. Our group leader said it's the "completing stage," so maybe the 3rd stage is death? I'm still confused and trying to figure the last one out myself.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pod of Cali deepblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Coastal San Diego
    Posts
    1,619
    FYI, there's a pretty active thread for Christian mers here: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...rmen-out-there
    Every time I slip into the ocean, it's like going home. ~Sylvia Earle

  3. #3
    Oh that's a cool idea!

    I think that the third stage talks about being of good also with the body, so it's the point when you can resist to any "animal impulse".

    I think that because last summer my priest made read a letter from saint Augustine and he was speaking to a crowd telling them that he wished they could resist to any physical desire as he could do (in this case he was talking about the desire of the body of the beloved one and in general) because when you completely belong to God also with the body you don't need it.

    But I'm sure the meaning doesn't stop here!


    Ok now I share what I learned 😁
    My priest made me read lots of biographies of many saints lifes and I understood that they where common people like us and not an unreachable model of life so now when it comes to think that God wants me to become a saint (meaning that I am expected to live in the way he wants) I know that I still have to work a lot but at the end I'll do it without losing the hope to be like he wants me to be (because everyone thinks that it's impossible to be a saint forgetting that God knows very well that we're humans and we can fail).

    Even if I understood this I know there's still lots I don't understand because when it comes to act or think in the best way I can for God and then I speak to my priest I find out that I understand barely only the surface of what means being catholic even if I try to do the best of me!
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kassandra View Post
    Oh that's a cool idea!

    I think that the third stage talks about being of good also with the body, so it's the point when you can resist to any "animal impulse".

    I think that because last summer my priest made read a letter from saint Augustine and he was speaking to a crowd telling them that he wished they could resist to any physical desire as he could do (in this case he was talking about the desire of the body of the beloved one and in general) because when you completely belong to God also with the body you don't need it.

    But I'm sure the meaning doesn't stop here!


    Ok now I share what I learned 
    My priest made me read lots of biographies of many saints lifes and I understood that they where common people like us and not an unreachable model of life so now when it comes to think that God wants me to become a saint (meaning that I am expected to live in the way he wants) I know that I still have to work a lot but at the end I'll do it without losing the hope to be like he wants me to be (because everyone thinks that it's impossible to be a saint forgetting that God knows very well that we're humans and we can fail).

    Even if I understood this I know there's still lots I don't understand because when it comes to act or think in the best way I can for God and then I speak to my priest I find out that I understand barely only the surface of what means being catholic even if I try to do the best of me!
    Oh ok, that's starting to make a bit more sense. When I heard the stage was about the body, I was like "So...you're saying we shouldn't get tattoos or like-???" hahaha

    I don't think it'd be that impossible, a long journey and tough, but possible. I bet they must have a good understanding of the Bible too. I started reading the Bible when I was 12 and all my other Christian friends that age had already had verses memorized, knew the meanings behind some of the parables and the basic 'anatomy' of the tabernacle, etc. And I was all, "Wait- there are more BOOKS in this Bible?? 66 of them?? And who is this Moses you speak of?"

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    Oh ok, that's starting to make a bit more sense. When I heard the stage was about the body, I was like "So...you're saying we shouldn't get tattoos or like-???" hahaha

    I don't think it'd be that impossible, a long journey and tough, but possible. I bet they must have a good understanding of the Bible too. I started reading the Bible when I was 12 and all my other Christian friends that age had already had verses memorized, knew the meanings behind some of the parables and the basic 'anatomy' of the tabernacle, etc. And I was all, "Wait- there are more BOOKS in this Bible?? 66 of them?? And who is this Moses you speak of?"

    I know exactly what you're talking about!
    When my priest made me look at the whole amount of books I had to read if I wanted to understand something I was like "I think that one life won't be enough!".

    For the saints I thought it was impossible because they are depicted so perfectly by our society that in certain moment you start disliking them!
    But reading how their life was I understood they were like us you and immediately changed my mind about them
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,143
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    From what I understand from Scripture, (genuine) conversion equates to salvation that is forever, but the sanctification is a process that requires constant prayer, vigilance, and effort as we seek to become like Him. So we don't have to fear our souls slipping away. I can add some verses if anyone would like them! I hope that helps!

    Also, prayer request: I have a friend who's dating someone who's not a believer, and she's feeling horrible about it and crying ant it almost constantly when we talk, but she's so in love with him (even though he's kind of a narcissist) that she doesn't want to let go. But it's tearing her up inside. We've talked many times about it and she's afraid of spreading her mind with him. It's just not a healthy relationship so please, pray for her. D;

    Does anyone else have any prayer requests? <3


    Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

  7. #7
    @Mermaid Kassandra- They definitely look like superhumans (spiritually obviously lolz). So I take it that it's more dedication since there are a lot of Christians that are more on the lazy and/or disobedient side, yet we have to do like what Lotus_Blooming said: prayer, vigilance, and effort.

    @Lotus_Blooming- I learned that during my truth school this week but they didn't give us any verses (not that I can remember anyway). That would be awesome! And I'll definitely pray for that!! My only prayer atm is for my family to have a safe to and from Florida this month and for my mom to feel better.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    159
    Lotus is correct that salvation is forever once obtained (John 10:28, Ephesians 2:8-9, and of course the one everyone should know John 3:16), and that sanctification is the on going process. We can never be perfect, and the works that we do, no matter what they are, can not save us. Let me use an analogy (this one a lot darker then my usual ones). Without Jesus we are more helpless then a new born baby, that no one knows exists, that is bobbing in the middle of the Pacific ocean, during a storm, in the middle of the night. Just as the frail movements of the child can not save him or her, so too will our works never get us closer to salvation. The only thing that we need to do to be saved is to believe and trust in him for our salvation alone. It would be as if someone through all the darkness, saw that child, and plucked him or her from the water.
    Another (this one I was thinking of turning into a comic) goes like this. A man seeking a way to save himself went to someone who said he could point the man in the right direction. When he arrived at the site where they agreed to meet, his guide was standing in front of a wall. One that he could not see the top of. The guide says "it's at the top." The man looked at the wall's base then tipped his head back as far as he could. He could not tell how tall the wall was. Also, there were so few hand holds that even experts would have more trouble then they could handle. Worse yet, there was no rope or place to put an anchor in the wall. Even if he could fall down safely, he would have to start all over. The man asked the guide "how tall is this wall?" the guide responded "I can't say. We don't have anything that measures that far." The man looked again and said "there is no way I, let alone anybody, can climb that." The guide says "when did I say you had to climb?" The man then asks "what other choice do I have?" The guide points towards another part of the wall. The man sees a person there that he had not noticed before. The guide then says "ask the elevated operator. I've never seen him turn anyone down."

    Good works are what we should do to show our love for Christ because he died for us, so we could have a chance.

    Lotus I will continue my prayers for your friend.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    159
    Hey. If we started a pod for Christians, we could call it "The Sunday School."

  10. #10
    QUOTE=Lotus_Blooming;207380]From what I understand from Scripture, (genuine) conversion equates to salvation that is forever, but the sanctification is a process that requires constant prayer, vigilance, and effort as we seek to become like Him. So we don't have to fear our souls slipping away. I can add some verses if anyone would like them! I hope that helps!

    Also, prayer request: I have a friend who's dating someone who's not a believer, and she's feeling horrible about it and crying ant it almost constantly when we talk, but she's so in love with him (even though he's kind of a narcissist) that she doesn't want to let go. But it's tearing her up inside. We've talked many times about it and she's afraid of spreading her mind with him. It's just not a healthy relationship so please, pray for her. D;

    Does anyone else have any prayer requests? <3[/QUOTE]

    I will for sure party for her!
    And yes I would like to read some verses as I'm young and probably I don't know/noticed them when I read.

    Also you know Lotus that only salvation seems to take forever and do we have a way to understand when we are safe? There's a feeling of it?

    There are lots of things I still don't understand like vigilance, I thought that only trying to follow Jesus words and try to behave like him was ok but after one year I spoke again with my priest and he said me that I was far away from God and going on in the speech I felt I understood nothing, it's like a mess even if I'm trying to do my best but at this point I'm a bit confused and I have no idea of how being a good Christian you know?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    @Mermaid Kassandra- They definitely look like superhumans (spiritually obviously lolz). So I take it that it's more dedication since there are a lot of Christians that are more on the lazy and/or disobedient side, yet we have to do like what Lotus_Blooming said: prayer, vigilance, and effort.

    @Lotus_Blooming- I learned that during my truth school this week but they didn't give us any verses (not that I can remember anyway). That would be awesome! And I'll definitely pray for that!! My only prayer atm is for my family to have a safe to and from Florida this month and for my mom to feel better.

    Oh Mermaid Carly I'll pray for your family too!

    I saw what you wrote and I'm curios about the "disobedient side"you're taking about as one day I was very sad and I was wondering why God let a bad thing happen to me even if I was trying to be a good Christian and my priest told me that my behave was of a rebel one because I didn't want to accept that situation but the point is that I read that when you're of God you've nothing to fear so that I still don't understand why he lets some things happen just like he is watching tv while we struggle h here asking for His help.
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  11. #11
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,143
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I hope these help!!!

    Romans 8:38
    And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

    Romans 10:9
    If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

    Romans 8:1
    So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

    Ephesians 3:17
    Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong.


    Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

  12. #12
    Yes!
    The first one gives a great idea of how strong is God's love for us!

    Thank you very much indeed!!😁
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  13. #13
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,143
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I'll be praying for every prayer request! Just FYI! Sorry I didn't get a chance to write that before as my phone was about to die! :'>


    Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,143
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kassandra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Blooming View Post
    From what I understand from Scripture, (genuine) conversion equates to salvation that is forever, but the sanctification is a process that requires constant prayer, vigilance, and effort as we seek to become like Him. So we don't have to fear our souls slipping away. I can add some verses if anyone would like them! I hope that helps!

    Also, prayer request: I have a friend who's dating someone who's not a believer, and she's feeling horrible about it and crying ant it almost constantly when we talk, but she's so in love with him (even though he's kind of a narcissist) that she doesn't want to let go. But it's tearing her up inside. We've talked many times about it and she's afraid of spreading her mind with him. It's just not a healthy relationship so please, pray for her. D;

    Does anyone else have any prayer requests? <3
    I will for sure party for her!
    And yes I would like to read some verses as I'm young and probably I don't know/noticed them when I read.

    Also you know Lotus that only salvation seems to take forever and do we have a way to understand when we are safe? There's a feeling of it?

    There are lots of things I still don't understand like vigilance, I thought that only trying to follow Jesus words and try to behave like him was ok but after one year I spoke again with my priest and he said me that I was far away from God and going on in the speech I felt I understood nothing, it's like a mess even if I'm trying to do my best but at this point I'm a bit confused and I have no idea of how being a good Christian you know?





    Oh Mermaid Carly I'll pray for your family too!

    I saw what you wrote and I'm curios about the "disobedient side"you're taking about as one day I was very sad and I was wondering why God let a bad thing happen to me even if I was trying to be a good Christian and my priest told me that my behave was of a rebel one because I didn't want to accept that situation but the point is that I read that when you're of God you've nothing to fear so that I still don't understand why he lets some things happen just like he is watching tv while we struggle h here asking for His help.
    Oh, sweetheart. I will give you some verses for that!

    First, God's heart for this destructive world:
    2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

    As for what the priest said to you, here's a verse for that:
    1 Samuel 16:7
    But the LORD said to Samuel, "Don't judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The LORD doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

    Even strong Christians are fallible humans. We all have maturing to do.

    And finally, the question you asked. "How do I know I'm saved?" We see the answer in one of the verses I posted previously! Romans 10:9 states that "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Do you believe that? If so, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about! Sometimes, salvation comes with the baptism of the Holy Spirit and you can feel His presence in that moment. Sometimes, it's an intellectual awakening and understanding. Each person comes to the Lord differently, which gives us each a unique testimony. But we all acquire salvation the same way: belief in Jesus. I will say this, though, once you have believed on Jesus, if you haven't felt His presence yet, there is nothing wrong with you! However, I strongly recommend you pray and ask for Him to baptize you with His Spirit because it's such a wonderful experience! It doesn't have to involve speaking in tongues, dancing, or jumping and running (though all of those are beautiful Biblical responses and I myself dance fairly often in church during worship), but it's just a feeling of ultimate completeness. I truly hope that helps!
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 08-02-2015 at 07:34 AM.


    Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

  15. #15
    I love that Ephesians 3:17!
    I also have some verses concerning times of struggle and/or goal seeking.

    Deuteronomy 31:6- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you.

    Hebrews 13:5b-6 - God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

    Proverbs 16:3- Commit to the LORD in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

    Psalm 55:22- Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the Godly to slip and fall.

    @TritonsGuard- Yes that would be great!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Blooming View Post
    Oh, sweetheart. I will give you some verses for that!



    First, God's heart for this destructive world:

    2 Peter 3:9

    The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.



    I will say this, though, once you have believed on Jesus, if you haven't felt His presence yet, there is nothing wrong with you! However, I strongly recommend you pray and ask for Him to baptize you with His Spirit because it's such a wonderful experience! It doesn't have to involve speaking in tongues, dancing, or jumping and running (though all of those are beautiful Biblical responses and I myself dance fairly often in church during worship), but it's just a feeling of ultimate completeness. I truly hope that helps!


    I now understand!

    Those are the words I had to hear!

    I have to confess that my worry was that one: I was expecting to feel different or not feeling alone anymore but nothing, I felt exactly the same and I was worrying if it was because my faith in Jesus want strong enough or I was doing something wrong!

    I will follow your advice and pray Him to have the grace of feeling Him near me just once!









    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    I love that Ephesians 3:17!
    I also have some verses concerning times of struggle and/or goal seeking.


    Hebrews 13:5b-6 - God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

    Proverbs 16:3- Commit to the LORD in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

    Psalm 55:22- Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the Godly to slip and fall.

    @TritonsGuard- Yes that would be great!






    Mermaid Carly those words are the ones that makes me wonder why too often there are some tragical facts happening in our lives and in this world.

    I feel helpless and hopeless and my faith starts to doubts about this: if He never abandon us why lots of innocent people always pay for someone's cruelty?? What is Good doing in this occasions???

    It makes me feel like he's just watching our life like we watch TV I don't know if you understand what I mean
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  17. #17
    @Mermaid Kassandra- I understand what you mean down to the T! When I was little, I imagined God was watching us by tons of little TVs in a room like mall cops and nighttime security guards do.
    But remember God will judge those people for their cruelty (2 Corinthians 5:10)! I know that when a person does something wrong and gets away scot-free, the fact that God'll take care of the punishment gives me some closure. Their sins will be shouted from the rooftops!

    I think God tests us to reveal our weaknesses, to test our faith, and to draw us closer to Him. I once read about a man who had never been religious before but became a believer when his daughter died at ate 4. Plus I don't think God ever gives us more than we can handle, and he promises in Hebrews and Deuteronomy that He will never forsake us. There are also probably other articles online that answer the question more in depth.

    One of my old middle school teacher's sent me this email right around the time you posted that question on the thread, so I think I'll quote what she had sent me:

    "Although I cannot fully understand why God allows sufferings, I do believe His heart is full of love and compassion toward us so that in the midst of suffering He would gain something that is precious and of eternal spiritual value that no one may realize, not even us. Also, the Lord Jesus became the life-giving Spirit so that He could be life and everything to us in the midst of any circumstance whether good or bad. Though I prayed to receive the Lord and got baptized when I was young, I started to really touch Him within and got filled with His supply of life by reading the Bible and praying aloud. This especially supplied me when I was suffering with the autoimmune issues. Even when nothing was changing outwardly, Jesus replaced the pain and heaviness with His peace and strength."

    She also encouraged my mom and I to say this prayer (she really is an awesome woman!): "
    Lord, You are real, but be real to me. Lord Jesus, fill me with Yourself that You may conquer the death operating in me and all negative things. Give life and healing to my spirit, soul, and body. Reveal Yourself to me and the way You want me to take. Amen."

  18. #18
    You're answer almost made me cry!

    Your teacher is really an awesome and strong woman!
    I'll make treasure of what you said and I agree with you He tries to reveal our weaknesses but sometimes I really don't understand Him.

    I also know that we suffer also on this earth because of our sins but yesterday I had a talk with a sweet friend of mine and she was feeling very low because she is losing her grandfather in those days and she also told me she lost her boyfriend in a tragical way where she was involved (an incident from a roc on the sea) and an uncle, all people she loved deeply, and now she suffers also a rare illness that no one knows and it seems she'll be paralyzed for the rest of her life.

    I said to her that I wanted to pray for her to get better and she told me "no you mustn't do it!" when I asked why she didn't want me to do so she told me that because of all this suffering for her God doesn't exist so I was doing something useless.

    I know God was suffering hearing this (and I was too I must admit) buy thinking about this actually maybe I would have the sane thoughts about God.

    And now the question is "is she that bad that God makes her suffer in this way? Our is she paying for someone's sins?

    Because I really can't explain myself this situation, it sounds only completely wrong and unfair!
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

  19. #19
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arlington, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,143
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kassandra View Post
    You're answer almost made me cry!

    Your teacher is really an awesome and strong woman!
    I'll make treasure of what you said and I agree with you He tries to reveal our weaknesses but sometimes I really don't understand Him.

    I also know that we suffer also on this earth because of our sins but yesterday I had a talk with a sweet friend of mine and she was feeling very low because she is losing her grandfather in those days and she also told me she lost her boyfriend in a tragical way where she was involved (an incident from a roc on the sea) and an uncle, all people she loved deeply, and now she suffers also a rare illness that no one knows and it seems she'll be paralyzed for the rest of her life.

    I said to her that I wanted to pray for her to get better and she told me "no you mustn't do it!" when I asked why she didn't want me to do so she told me that because of all this suffering for her God doesn't exist so I was doing something useless.

    I know God was suffering hearing this (and I was too I must admit) buy thinking about this actually maybe I would have the sane thoughts about God.

    And now the question is "is she that bad that God makes her suffer in this way? Our is she paying for someone's sins?

    Because I really can't explain myself this situation, it sounds only completely wrong and unfair!
    This verse helps me with situations like that.

    James 1:17 NLT
    Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

    We have to remember the devil exists and causes suffering, but the Lord will turn it into goodness for our sakes. Through prayer and faith, you can bring hope to your friend in an amazing way! I'll pray, too!!


    Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus_Blooming View Post
    This verse helps me with situations like that.

    James 1:17 NLT
    Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.

    We have to remember the devil exists and causes suffering, but the Lord will turn it into goodness for our sakes. Through prayer and faith, you can bring hope to your friend in an amazing way! I'll pray, too!!

    Thank you very much indeed Lotus you're such a kind mermaid! ❤

    Yes I'll pray Him to give her a sign of His existence and really thank you for praying with me!

    As for your friend how's going?
    Is the man she's dating changing his mind a bit?
    "User formerly known as Mermaid Merliah"

    Follow me at Facebook - YouTube - Instagram - Twitter - Google+ - or ask me anything you like at Ask.fm

    <iframe width="360" height="270" src="//gifs.com/embed/xk7XN3" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);"></iframe>
    ~мєямαι∂ кαѕѕαи∂яα~

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •