Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 286

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

  1. #181
    I'm doing great! I figured here would be the right place to mention that my older sister's getting home from her mission tomorrow! It'll be my firsts time seeing her since she left 18 months ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #182
    Hey Mer-disciples I have been a member of Mernetwork for a while now and I just found this thread. I am a nondenominational Christian and have been since I was 4. It's great to know there are other Mer that share my beliefs.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

  3. #183
    Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    My lovely home in the mountains...
    Posts
    364

    Visit Mermaid_Izzy's Youtube Channel
    I am good! I just wish the drama would sort itself out, but I know as the network grows bigger that is a harder task.


    Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #184
    So, I need advice from my mer brothers and sisters in Christ!
    I'm stuck in a dilemma.

    I very boldly tell the truths of what God says in the Bible, daily. Especially on Facebook. Usually it's very obvious things that I tell people about, but I believe that is my calling - to bring others to knowing Christ and His love! I want to make as many people aware of His presence and how they can live on the righteous path.
    So, the other day I was referencing something that someone was celebrating and preached about how it was a sin, definitely against God and His Word. The other person was less than civil and attacked me multiple times for my belief. However, that's not the issue, as I can handle that.

    This person picked at my faith, saying that a Christian cannot dress up as or work as a mermaid. They referenced Romans 14:23 [it says 'for whatsoever is not of faith is sin'] and said that, since mermaids are not real and not made by God, it was a sin to be a mermaid, dress up as a mermaid, and the like.
    This really got me thinking, and thinking hard. I prayed for days and studied the Bible for any hint of mermaids.
    And sure enough, I found something that definitely pertains to mermaids in the Bible itself!

    In the book of Judges and Samuel, it mentions a fake deity that was made up by the Philistines. His name was Dagon, who had the body of a fish with the head and hands of a man. [A merman!]
    In 1 Samuel 5:2, the Philistines had apparently won a battle with Israel and had taken the Ark of the Covenant as a spoil of war. As I'm sure many of you know, the Ark was where God himself resided, among his people. They took the Ark into the "house of Dagon", which I assume is a temple or church, and set it before the statue of their merman idol.
    In the very next verse, 1 Samuel 5:3, it says that "And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again." God had TORN DOWN THEIR IDOL and was angry at them for taking the Ark to a sinful place.
    In 1 Samuel 5:4, it continues with "And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him."
    In the next verses, it said they never reentered the temple after giving the Ark back.
    Not only that, but 1 Samuel 5:9 said "And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts."
    God started to punish them for what they had done. Both worshiping a merman and stealing the Ark. It was so bad they returned it themselves to stop God's wrath! They didn't go back into that temple after that day, after retrieving the Ark. Scary, right?

    So, by dressing up as mermaids, could we be encouraging idolization of ourselves or encouraging the "magic" that mermaids are "real", which would by lying, which is a sin? Is the example of Dagon being torn down and the people killed a sign that males should not put on mertails? Could it be a sin to dress up as a mermaid, even though we promote Christian values?
    Are we leading children astray and teaching them that magic is real, or giving them the thought and letting them think wrong thoughts without telling them the truth?
    Matthew 18:6 - "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea."



    I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts, brothers and sisters!
    I want to stay right on my path and be able to uphold my own beliefs while being able to explain to others how I can be a "mermaid" and a Christian!
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  5. #185
    You have some very good points and I have wondered about this too. I think Romans 12 talks about this but I will ask my bible study leader specifically about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    So, I need advice from my mer brothers and sisters in Christ!
    I'm stuck in a dilemma.

    I very boldly tell the truths of what God says in the Bible, daily. Especially on Facebook. Usually it's very obvious things that I tell people about, but I believe that is my calling - to bring others to knowing Christ and His love! I want to make as many people aware of His presence and how they can live on the righteous path.
    So, the other day I was referencing something that someone was celebrating and preached about how it was a sin, definitely against God and His Word. The other person was less than civil and attacked me multiple times for my belief. However, that's not the issue, as I can handle that.

    This person picked at my faith, saying that a Christian cannot dress up as or work as a mermaid. They referenced Romans 14:23 [it says 'for whatsoever is not of faith is sin'] and said that, since mermaids are not real and not made by God, it was a sin to be a mermaid, dress up as a mermaid, and the like.
    This really got me thinking, and thinking hard. I prayed for days and studied the Bible for any hint of mermaids.
    And sure enough, I found something that definitely pertains to mermaids in the Bible itself!

    In the book of Judges and Samuel, it mentions a fake deity that was made up by the Philistines. His name was Dagon, who had the body of a fish with the head and hands of a man. [A merman!]
    In 1 Samuel 5:2, the Philistines had apparently won a battle with Israel and had taken the Ark of the Covenant as a spoil of war. As I'm sure many of you know, the Ark was where God himself resided, among his people. They took the Ark into the "house of Dagon", which I assume is a temple or church, and set it before the statue of their merman idol.
    In the very next verse, 1 Samuel 5:3, it says that "And when they of Ashdod arose early on the morrow, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. And they took Dagon, and set him in his place again." God had TORN DOWN THEIR IDOL and was angry at them for taking the Ark to a sinful place.
    In 1 Samuel 5:4, it continues with "And when they arose early on the morrow morning, behold, Dagon was fallen upon his face to the ground before the ark of the LORD; and the head of Dagon and both the palms of his hands were cut off upon the threshold; only the stump of Dagon was left to him."
    In the next verses, it said they never reentered the temple after giving the Ark back.
    Not only that, but 1 Samuel 5:9 said "And it was so, that, after they had carried it about, the hand of the LORD was against the city with a very great destruction: and he smote the men of the city, both small and great, and they had emerods in their secret parts."
    God started to punish them for what they had done. Both worshiping a merman and stealing the Ark. It was so bad they returned it themselves to stop God's wrath! They didn't go back into that temple after that day, after retrieving the Ark. Scary, right?

    So, by dressing up as mermaids, could we be encouraging idolization of ourselves or encouraging the "magic" that mermaids are "real", which would by lying, which is a sin? Is the example of Dagon being torn down and the people killed a sign that males should not put on mertails? Could it be a sin to dress up as a mermaid, even though we promote Christian values?
    Are we leading children astray and teaching them that magic is real, or giving them the thought and letting them think wrong thoughts without telling them the truth?
    Matthew 18:6 - "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and [that] he were drowned in the depth of the sea."



    I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts, brothers and sisters!
    I want to stay right on my path and be able to uphold my own beliefs while being able to explain to others how I can be a "mermaid" and a Christian!

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

  6. #186
    Thank you, Joie! I'd love to know what your Bible Study leader thinks about this!

    Because of the points I listed, I make sure to always let kids know that I am a mermaid, but not in the magical sense. [i.e. mermaids are real - they're people who dress up in fish tails]. The ocean is not my home, and I am human. Magic isn't real. etc.

    But I definitely don't want to contradict my faith by doing something I'm not supposed to.
    I'm just so stuck with no answers!
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  7. #187
    I have a feeling he's going to point us back to these verses that we've discussed before 1 Corinthians 8 verses 4-9. I mentioned Romans 12 by mistake, I was thinking of these verses. Where Paul talks about food offered to idols. This is also where the weaker brother principle comes from. I encourage you to read the whole chapter for yourself before reading anyone's interpretation, just let God speak to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Thank you, Joie! I'd love to know what your Bible Study leader thinks about this!

    Because of the points I listed, I make sure to always let kids know that I am a mermaid, but not in the magical sense. [i.e. mermaids are real - they're people who dress up in fish tails]. The ocean is not my home, and I am human. Magic isn't real. etc.

    But I definitely don't want to contradict my faith by doing something I'm not supposed to.
    I'm just so stuck with no answers!

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

  8. #188
    Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    153
    You probably know this, but he or she picket out the last part a verse to purposely attack your faith for nothing more then to get pleasure out of it. I doubt he or she read anything more. I read "Romans 14" from the beginning, and it seems to me that it is talking about you and I then about other things. Funny enough, it is more about not judging others and what ever you do, do for God's glory. I recommend you read the whole verse. It may make things a bit clearer.

  9. #189
    Ah, yes, I've read that verse before, Joie!
    My Dad, who is very based in his faith, said I should heed that as well.

    I know that people don't worship mermaids, per say, but people DO still worship magic.
    My way that I came up with of defeating that is if I am asked if I am magical, a 'real mermaid' in the magical sense, what spell I used to get my tail, or anything like that, I have to speak the truth, as to not be a stumbling block to someone else who may be trying to find God. Especially the little children!
    I don't make it a point to take off and put on my tail unseen because I want people to know I am human, a perfectly made child of our Father.

    It makes it hard to be a pro mermaid, though, as most parents want you to play along and be the mysterious cousin of Ariel with magical powers and a home under the sea.
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  10. #190
    TritonsGuard //
    Actually, God says to judge righteously!
    John 7:24 - "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

    I have had people cherry-pick the Bible to try and attack me. But their attacks were obviously idiotic and very much a stab at me by Satan. I was not convicted then.
    But this person has me very convicted to find out the truth!
    I know that they were trying to get me to doubt my faith, but Satan always picks on your flaws first. People who are against you will always look for what you're doing wrong and attack you for it.
    What if being a mermaid or merman is a flaw? What if dressing up as a magical, mythical creature misleads many? What if it causes some people to turn away from Christ, or become false Christians?

    I'm sorry to say, but you can do many things for "God's Glory" and be totally wrong and on the path to your own destruction. You can murder and claim it's for God's Glory, but does that make it true?
    Romans is talking about us - that's why I'm concerned! If it is a sin to be a merman, or even a mermaid, then I want nothing to do with it! It could be just as contradicting as a murderous Christian or etc.!

    Sorry for the extreme comparisons, but it's hard to compare something like this gently.
    Last edited by Rebela Hunter; 08-05-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  11. #191
    Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    153
    Perhaps I was a bit vague, but the verse seemed to say to accept those weak of faith and not have contempt for them and vice versa.

    Secondly, as I said to Mermaid Lotus a long time ago, sin has more to do with "how and why," than "what" is done (though there are exceptions). For instance, sex is not evil, but can be used sinfully (adultery etc.). Killing is not a sin either, but murder is. That does not mean we should refrain completely for all our lives without it. We should train ourselves to only do things for Godly purposes, but sometimes there is no way God would be pleased with certain acts or behaviors. Can I ask (and this is not a rhetorical question, I am curious) what in mermaiding, or dressing up in any costume for that matter, would drive you away from God or displease him? Is it becoming an idol to you (you are placing it above God)?

    Lastly, You are right that many have done horrible things in God's name, and that does not make it acceptable, but that was not my point. I was stating that in all we do try to do so to please God. God would not be pleased with sin, so you cannot truly do so for his glory. You can only claim to be, but claiming does not make it so. In short, seek things out that will please God.

    Don't get me wrong. You are right to fear our almighty God, but make sure that what ever you do, It is what he wants.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebela Hunter View Post
    Ah, yes, I've read that verse before, Joie!
    My Dad, who is very based in his faith, said I should heed that as well.

    I know that people don't worship mermaids, per say, but people DO still worship magic.
    My way that I came up with of defeating that is if I am asked if I am magical, a 'real mermaid' in the magical sense, what spell I used to get my tail, or anything like that, I have to speak the truth, as to not be a stumbling block to someone else who may be trying to find God. Especially the little children!
    I don't make it a point to take off and put on my tail unseen because I want people to know I am human, a perfectly made child of our Father.

    It makes it hard to be a pro mermaid, though, as most parents want you to play along and be the mysterious cousin of Ariel with magical powers and a home under the sea.
    This got me thinking: am I sinning when I play along with the little kids I encounter at the beach or the pool? I'm not professional, but when a child asks me if I'm a real mermaid, I give a noncommittal answer and let them come to their own conclusion. You got me wondering if I should be doing that.
    I thought and prayed about it, and I realized something: Mermaiding is not unique in this aspect. I have a lot of friends, including many devout Christians, who play Dungeons and Dragons, for example. If you think about it, the two hobbies are quite similar. Both involve pretending that magic and mythical creatures are real, if only for a few hours at a time. But that doesn't mean we truly believe that. I'm fact, we roleplay because we know it is nothing more than fantasy.
    I'm not saying your should change what you're doing. I merely want to set my own mind at ease and put in my two cents on the topic.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #193
    I was more concerned a about the possiblity of leading someone to lust if they see me in a revealing shell top. I am trying to design mine to be at least as modest as a swim suit. On my way to church I'll have a better answer when I get back.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Dragon View Post
    This got me thinking: am I sinning when I play along with the little kids I encounter at the beach or the pool? I'm not professional, but when a child asks me if I'm a real mermaid, I give a noncommittal answer and let them come to their own conclusion. You got me wondering if I should be doing that.
    I thought and prayed about it, and I realized something: Mermaiding is not unique in this aspect. I have a lot of friends, including many devout Christians, who play Dungeons and Dragons, for example. If you think about it, the two hobbies are quite similar. Both involve pretending that magic and mythical creatures are real, if only for a few hours at a time. But that doesn't mean we truly believe that. I'm fact, we roleplay because we know it is nothing more than fantasy.
    I'm not saying your should change what you're doing. I merely want to set my own mind at ease and put in my two cents on the topic.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But, see, when you play Dungeons and Dragons, you have people who willingly come to participate in the game, know the game is just fantasy, and play along.
    With kids, and showing up randomly or being a surprise, they may not know the difference. I know many kids who'd ask me what spell I used to get my tail, believing even just a fabric tail to be real!

    When kids ask me if I'm a mermaid, I do say yes - because it's true! I, at that moment, fit the description of a mermaid. A woman with the lower body of a fish.
    BUT, if I am asked if I am magic, if I used a spell, if I am human, if my tail is just a costume, if I live in the ocean, etc. then I have to tell the truth. Otherwise that is lying to children, and I don't want to become a stumbling block to anyone, especially the most innocent among humanity.

    If it were decided upon beforehand that the children knew I'd come dressed up as a mermaid, then that'd be different, as it's just fantasy!
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonsGuard View Post
    Perhaps I was a bit vague, but the verse seemed to say to accept those weak of faith and not have contempt for them and vice versa.

    Secondly, as I said to Mermaid Lotus a long time ago, sin has more to do with "how and why," than "what" is done (though there are exceptions). For instance, sex is not evil, but can be used sinfully (adultery etc.). Killing is not a sin either, but murder is. That does not mean we should refrain completely for all our lives without it. We should train ourselves to only do things for Godly purposes, but sometimes there is no way God would be pleased with certain acts or behaviors. Can I ask (and this is not a rhetorical question, I am curious) what in mermaiding, or dressing up in any costume for that matter, would drive you away from God or displease him? Is it becoming an idol to you (you are placing it above God)?

    Lastly, You are right that many have done horrible things in God's name, and that does not make it acceptable, but that was not my point. I was stating that in all we do try to do so to please God. God would not be pleased with sin, so you cannot truly do so for his glory. You can only claim to be, but claiming does not make it so. In short, seek things out that will please God.

    Don't get me wrong. You are right to fear our almighty God, but make sure that what ever you do, It is what he wants.
    You do have a very good point! Thank you for the clarification!
    I definitely do not want to put mermaiding or my tail above God whatsoever, nor is it my idol, but it would be a sin to mislead children. It's not so much wearing the tail but leading others to lust or astray.

    And I want to make my mermaiding about God. I want to make Instagram posts and stuff like that relate to God, at least slightly, because I want the Glory to go to Him! I want to be an activist Christian mermaid, but I want to make sure I can uphold the fact that I can be a mermaid and a Christian and still do His bidding. If not, then it'd be better for me to forget about the whole mermaid thing.

    I'm just hoping to get some insight from the merChristian community, and this has been super helpful !
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joie View Post
    I was more concerned a about the possiblity of leading someone to lust if they see me in a revealing shell top. I am trying to design mine to be at least as modest as a swim suit. On my way to church I'll have a better answer when I get back.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are definitely right about that!
    God calls both men and women to be modest, so it may lead others to lust.

    I, personally, wear skirts and shirts that always cover everything except my neck, ankles, and arms to avoid being a stumblingblock to anyone, since these days people can apparently lust towards the opposite sex.

    To avoid helping others to lust, I usually wear shirts or some outfit / costume that covers my stomach and cleavage as much as possible.
    Tankinis are really good for that, if you don't feel that a shirt fits your mersona!
    There's many creative ways to stay modest but look like a great mermaid!
    < 3
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  17. #197
    By the way, I do appreciate you all helping me come to a conclusion!
    I appreciate it very much, and may God bless you all!

    < 3
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  18. #198
    So my bible study leader said we aren't worshipping idols by dressing up as mermaids. I mentioned the Dagon thing and he said he would have to look it up. So I guess we need more information on that first.

    He said we could consider ourselves Christian Fantasy like entertainment like in Narnia, Lord of The Rings, Pilgrims progress. He did say to be careful about how we present ourselves to children. But as with any character as they get older the come to understand it is just a costume and we shouldn't try to convince them other wise. So the way I understand it right now if you meet a three year old it's ok to let them think you are a mermaid. "But if a child is like what spell did you use?" Then tell them you are just performing.
    I told my bible study leader that some mers were really really in to mystism and things like tarrot card readings and included these as part of their act/story and can lead kids as stray this way. He said that they were already into it and that is the desire of their heart to lead people astray with that crap not mine. Basically the mermaid tail is not the problem the way you use it is (or is not) the problem. Everything we do as Christian mermaids should point people back to Biblical values and what God has put in our heart. We may be able to use our tails as a tool to share parable like stories that teach children important lessons.

    This might be helpful but I am also a little worn out right now and may not have remembered everything he said or repeated it clearly, but I will keep the discussion going with him and pray about this more. Especially about what we are supposed to say to kids. I don't have peace about this yet. It is best to wait until then. Keep praying ask God to speak to you about this.

    It's so funny, I have been asking myself the same thing right before this thread was started.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Joie View Post
    So my bible study leader said we aren't worshiping idols by dressing up as mermaids. I mentioned the Dagon thing and he said he would have to look it up. So I guess we need more information on that first.

    He said we could consider ourselves Christian Fantasy like entertainment like in Narnia, Lord of The Rings, Pilgrims progress. He did say to be careful about how we present ourselves to children. But as with any character as they get older the come to understand it is just a costume and we shouldn't try to convince them other wise. So the way I understand it right now if you meet a three year old it's ok to let them think you are a mermaid. "But if a child is like what spell did you use?" Then tell them you are just performing.
    I told my bible study leader that some mers were really really in to mysticism and things like tarrot card readings and included these as part of their act/story and can lead kids as stray this way. He said that they were already into it and that is the desire of their heart to lead people astray with that crap not mine. Basically the mermaid tail is not the problem the way you use it is (or is not) the problem. Everything we do as Christian mermaids should point people back to Biblical values and what God has put in our heart. We may be able to use our tails as a tool to share parable like stories that teach children important lessons.

    This might be helpful but I am also a little worn out right now and may not have remembered everything he said or repeated it clearly, but I will keep the discussion going with him and pray about this more. Especially about what we are supposed to say to kids. I don't have peace about this yet. It is best to wait until then. Keep praying ask God to speak to you about this.

    It's so funny, I have been asking myself the same thing right before this thread was started.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thank you very much for sharing his insight with me and the rest of us curious mers!
    That sounds very reasonable. I do plan on focusing my efforts on glorifying God as much as possible while in my tail, so what he said was very helpful!
    And I've been thinking about this question / problem for a while, but when that person commented about it, it just really convicted me to find some answers.
    I'll keep my prayers going as well! I'll try to study on Dagon some more if I can, as well.

    Thank you again, Joie!
    You've been an incredible blessing!
    And thank you to everyone else who answered with their thoughts!
    < 3
    'A dolphin's smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they're always happy.'
    'Thanks, but no tanks!'
    DeviantART || Tumblr || Toyhou.se


  20. #200
    0_0 What the crap???? I didn't know they had a thread too... That is weird that we were just talking about that....
    So... you can see there are a variety of beliefs and intents in the mercommunity....



    ***this is not intended to harass other merfolk for their beliefs but rather to point out in any large community you will have a broad mix of beliefs***

    Disclaimer: I don't believe it is ever ok to harass someone for their beliefs even if I don't agree with them. I am very much against the type of Christian that just runs around yelling at people telling them they are going to hell. That is not the intent of this post. And that is not the way to convert anyone or exemplify Christ's love. I strive to exemplify the qualities and values of Christ, share his love, and speak the truth to others. I believe that following Christ is a personal choice that someone makes when they are well informed and have the desire to accept him. You cannot scare anyone into becoming a Christian and that is just plain wrong. A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."- Benjamin Franklin.

    Ok now that I have hopefully avoided any online fighting.
    ********************************

    My point is that, this kind of reinforces what my bible study leader was saying. That people were already in to witchcraft and paganism before they got into mermaiding and will use that to spread their beliefs just like we want to spread Christianity.
    I still haven't figured out what to say to kids... Perhaps I will talk to my neighbor's daughter having an actual conversation with a kid will provide more perspective. I encourage all of you to do the same.

    Tell me what you think.

    Sent from my VS988 using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million their are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •