Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't identify as Christian, but I'm posting here because I've fairly recently, within the last year, converted to a belief system that while a secular philosophy that I even know of atheists who follow, has a pretty big overlap with Christianity, particularly Catholicism, called the Consistent Life Ethic, which is promoted by organizations such as Rehumanize International. This has put me in a tough spot because while the CLE is liberal on many issues and my views on many issues haven't changed at all, it's also conservative on some issues, the big one being a very touchy controversial topic indeed which I'd rather not get in here in detail because so far debating it has brought the opposite of joy to me, but I think anyone who knows me knows what it is. I've alienated old friends by being pretty vocal about my new(ish) beliefs, and have found that my views are pretty unpopular in the mer-community, to put it mildly. Someone even told me that if I committed suicide, it wouldn't be a big loss. Being passionately CLE is hard enough in general, because I don't really fit in with either the traditional liberal or conservative political "camps", but I find it especially difficult in the mer-community and other "geeky"/"artsy" spaces. I hate losing friends and followers on my mer-page, but I also want to remain true to myself and follow my heart. I'm kinda back where I was circa 2012 trying to find my balance. I had already found a pretty good balance on other issues, but now I'm trying to find it with the CLE. If you want to discuss it more in specifics please PM me or message me on FB, as I don't want to derail this thread with any kind of heated debate. I definitely want you guys to keep me in your prayers and thoughts if that's your thing, and help me find a good balance with my new beliefs.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    I don't identify as Christian, but I'm posting here because I've fairly recently, within the last year, converted to a belief system that while a secular philosophy that I even know of atheists who follow, has a pretty big overlap with Christianity, particularly Catholicism, called the Consistent Life Ethic, which is promoted by organizations such as Rehumanize International. This has put me in a tough spot because while the CLE is liberal on many issues and my views on many issues haven't changed at all, it's also conservative on some issues, the big one being a very touchy controversial topic indeed which I'd rather not get in here in detail because so far debating it has brought the opposite of joy to me, but I think anyone who knows me knows what it is. I've alienated old friends by being pretty vocal about my new(ish) beliefs, and have found that my views are pretty unpopular in the mer-community, to put it mildly. Someone even told me that if I committed suicide, it wouldn't be a big loss. Being passionately CLE is hard enough in general, because I don't really fit in with either the traditional liberal or conservative political "camps", but I find it especially difficult in the mer-community and other "geeky"/"artsy" spaces. I hate losing friends and followers on my mer-page, but I also want to remain true to myself and follow my heart. I'm kinda back where I was circa 2012 trying to find my balance. I had already found a pretty good balance on other issues, but now I'm trying to find it with the CLE. If you want to discuss it more in specifics please PM me or message me on FB, as I don't want to derail this thread with any kind of heated debate. I definitely want you guys to keep me in your prayers and thoughts if that's your thing, and help me find a good balance with my new beliefs.
    Good idea about not bringing topic up here I remember that topic. This group here is a very accepting group

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Good idea about not bringing topic up here I remember that topic. This group here is a very accepting group

Yep verrrrrrrrrrryyyyy touchy topic indeed! Probably one of the touchiest subjects in the world, ever.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    Yep verrrrrrrrrrryyyyy touchy topic indeed! Probably one of the touchiest subjects in the world, ever.
    That because the group didn’t allow such topic as it was admitted the group didn’t have the experience to keep that conversation healthy. Either way, this is getting off topic.

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies