Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Hey all; I am new to Mermaiding as well and last Saturday was my first real meetup with some Merfolk on FB. It was a Blast and I think I AM HOOKED (no Pun intended.)

It was very nerve wrecking at first but; I Felt God saying “You are on Vacation; have fun”.

I don’t know how you other merfolk do it to make it look easy.

I Have one major prayer request though; like I mentioned on here about being new to Mermaiding; I still feel like if I take my tails to my rec center; that I would get judged. Please pray for strength that I am doing this for fun and exercise. Thanks all; God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilletfan View Post

I Have one major prayer request though; like I mentioned on here about being new to Mermaiding; I still feel like if I take my tails to my rec center; that I would get judged. Please pray for strength that I am doing this for fun and exercise. Thanks all; God Bless

Hey, Skillet! Welcome to the site and our thread!

As far as being judged, well, that may well come with the territory. I wish I could say there's no way it would happen; you and I both know I can't make that promise.

The goal here is to determine what will bug you, what will get under your skin to the degree that it would overcome your enjoyment of swimming in your tail. I know how much it hurts to be mocked, whether by strangers or by people we know.

But I CAN promise you that you'll find Friends here! Blessings!

Hey all; I am new to Mermaiding as well and last Saturday was my first real meetup with some Merfolk on FB. It was a Blast and I think I AM HOOKED (no Pun intended.)

It was very nerve wrecking at first but; I Felt God saying “You are on Vacation; have fun”.

I don’t know how you other merfolk do it to make it look easy.

hi Skilletfan!!!!!! I know who you areeeeee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MerGreg View Post
    Hey, Skillet! Welcome to the site and our thread!

As far as being judged, well, that may well come with the territory. I wish I could say there's no way it would happen; you and I both know I can't make that promise.

The goal here is to determine what will bug you, what will get under your skin to the degree that it would overcome your enjoyment of swimming in your tail. I know how much it hurts to be mocked, whether by strangers or by people we know.

But I CAN promise you that you'll find Friends here! Blessings!
    Hey; mergreg, thanks for the reply! I agree with everything; cause we don’t control the people’s thoughts. I guess that’s the insecurity I have; and that’s one of the reasons why I don’t try new things.

That’s awesome to hear about finding friends on here! I really wanna get out of my comfort zone. 🧜🏻*♂️🧜🏻*♂️🧜🏼*♀️🧜🏼*♀️

Blessing to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Mermaid View Post
    hi Skilletfan!!!!!! I know who you areeeeee!!!!

Ara Mermaid; What lol?? You do? Huh; that’s funny. 🤣🤣🤣. Cause I have no clue on who you are. 🤣🤣🤣

But glad to meet you.

Hey merfriends; who here lives in Colorado? I am asking cause; at Elitch Gardens on June 8th which is a Saturday; the band SKILLET is going to be there. I am planning on going; I hope to see some of you there!

Hey merfriends; who here lives in Colorado? I am asking cause; at Elitch Gardens on June 8th which is a Saturday; the band SKILLET is going to be there. I am planning on going; I hope to see some of you there!

Ahhh I love Skillet! I’m also in Colorado but I will be out of town that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaidkatharine View Post
    Ahhh I love Skillet! I’m also in Colorado but I will be out of town that weekend

Sad day!! . But that’s awesome that you Love skillet! What album do you like? I Love the Their Newest one “undefeated”.

Hey all; who is from CO?

I don't identify as Christian, but I'm posting here because I've fairly recently, within the last year, converted to a belief system that while a secular philosophy that I even know of atheists who follow, has a pretty big overlap with Christianity, particularly Catholicism, called the Consistent Life Ethic, which is promoted by organizations such as Rehumanize International. This has put me in a tough spot because while the CLE is liberal on many issues and my views on many issues haven't changed at all, it's also conservative on some issues, the big one being a very touchy controversial topic indeed which I'd rather not get in here in detail because so far debating it has brought the opposite of joy to me, but I think anyone who knows me knows what it is. I've alienated old friends by being pretty vocal about my new(ish) beliefs, and have found that my views are pretty unpopular in the mer-community, to put it mildly. Someone even told me that if I committed suicide, it wouldn't be a big loss. Being passionately CLE is hard enough in general, because I don't really fit in with either the traditional liberal or conservative political "camps", but I find it especially difficult in the mer-community and other "geeky"/"artsy" spaces. I hate losing friends and followers on my mer-page, but I also want to remain true to myself and follow my heart. I'm kinda back where I was circa 2012 trying to find my balance. I had already found a pretty good balance on other issues, but now I'm trying to find it with the CLE. If you want to discuss it more in specifics please PM me or message me on FB, as I don't want to derail this thread with any kind of heated debate. I definitely want you guys to keep me in your prayers and thoughts if that's your thing, and help me find a good balance with my new beliefs.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    I don't identify as Christian, but I'm posting here because I've fairly recently, within the last year, converted to a belief system that while a secular philosophy that I even know of atheists who follow, has a pretty big overlap with Christianity, particularly Catholicism, called the Consistent Life Ethic, which is promoted by organizations such as Rehumanize International. This has put me in a tough spot because while the CLE is liberal on many issues and my views on many issues haven't changed at all, it's also conservative on some issues, the big one being a very touchy controversial topic indeed which I'd rather not get in here in detail because so far debating it has brought the opposite of joy to me, but I think anyone who knows me knows what it is. I've alienated old friends by being pretty vocal about my new(ish) beliefs, and have found that my views are pretty unpopular in the mer-community, to put it mildly. Someone even told me that if I committed suicide, it wouldn't be a big loss. Being passionately CLE is hard enough in general, because I don't really fit in with either the traditional liberal or conservative political "camps", but I find it especially difficult in the mer-community and other "geeky"/"artsy" spaces. I hate losing friends and followers on my mer-page, but I also want to remain true to myself and follow my heart. I'm kinda back where I was circa 2012 trying to find my balance. I had already found a pretty good balance on other issues, but now I'm trying to find it with the CLE. If you want to discuss it more in specifics please PM me or message me on FB, as I don't want to derail this thread with any kind of heated debate. I definitely want you guys to keep me in your prayers and thoughts if that's your thing, and help me find a good balance with my new beliefs.
    Good idea about not bringing topic up here I remember that topic. This group here is a very accepting group

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Good idea about not bringing topic up here I remember that topic. This group here is a very accepting group

Yep verrrrrrrrrrryyyyy touchy topic indeed! Probably one of the touchiest subjects in the world, ever.
    Follow me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Le...53963584623799

Check out my writing on FictionPress, which has so far received more than 12,000 hits from 88 countries and territories on 6 continents!
    http://www.fictionpress.com/u/729633/Kae_Leah_W

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kae-Leah View Post
    Yep verrrrrrrrrrryyyyy touchy topic indeed! Probably one of the touchiest subjects in the world, ever.
    That because the group didn’t allow such topic as it was admitted the group didn’t have the experience to keep that conversation healthy. Either way, this is getting off topic.

When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

By chance is anyone going to "Loco in Cocoa" on Cocoa beach in Florida? It's a college & young adult Christian retreat on Sept. 13-15.
    http://www.gatorsforchrist.org/Fall-Beach-Retreat.html

Of course it is up in the air if it will still happen or not with hurricane Dorian and this event being right on the Atlantic coast where the hurricane will pass. (Please pray for those who were/may be affected by the hurricane.)

I've never been before and I'm going with a small group from my church. I'm bringing my fabric tail. My friend, who I got into mermaiding, might just bring her monofin.

I'm not too sure how much free time we will have to swim at the beach but I definitely plan on mermaiding. I just wanted to mention it since I'm always up for meeting more merfolk.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod MerGreg's Avatar
    Add MerGreg on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    By chance is anyone going to "Loco in Cocoa" on Cocoa beach in Florida? It's a college & young adult Christian retreat on Sept. 13-15.
    http://www.gatorsforchrist.org/Fall-Beach-Retreat.html

Of course it is up in the air if it will still happen or not with hurricane Dorian and this event being right on the Atlantic coast where the hurricane will pass. (Please pray for those who were/may be affected by the hurricane.)

I've never been before and I'm going with a small group from my church. I'm bringing my fabric tail. My friend, who I got into mermaiding, might just bring her monofin.

I'm not too sure how much free time we will have to swim at the beach but I definitely plan on mermaiding. I just wanted to mention it since I'm always up for meeting more merfolk.
    Hope y'all had a great time!

Haha thanks MerGreg we did! We grew closer together as a group!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

But also I do admit humbly that I do have a lot to improve on as a Christian

Sent from my Infinix X650C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robartt View Post
    But also I do admit humbly that I do have a lot to improve on as a Christian

Brought up traditionally a Protestant here but in recent times have become more non denominational in my outlook and belief (was never a staunch Protestant from the time I was a kid...just saying)