Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    I learned how the Roman emperor Decius ordered the first wide-spread persecution of Christians, but his plan sort of backfired. The martyrs died so courageously that Christianity spread!
    I think that might have been what our old college minister talked about once. He really made sure not to leave out all the horrible torture techniques they used on Christians. He told us a particularly sad story of a young girl who they thought wouldn't last a day, but in fact she lasted a long time being tortured in just so many terrible ways. Her determination to not renounce her faith caused the men torturing her to grow tired and feel bad about torturing her so many of them stopped. The crowd watching even yelled to let her go.

I would hope I would be courageous and faithful enough to fight through something like that.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Yes! In actuality, persecution only ever causes the Church to grow. You can see it today with the persecuted Church in many nations overseas, like China, and even in the Middle East. The Lord Jesus had even revealed Himself to members of ISIS and dedicated Muslims in visions and dreams. This is confirmed in many pages in Scripture, bit the few that come to mind are the following verses.

Luke 19:38-40 NLT
    "Blessings on the King who comes in the name of the LORD! Peace in heaven, and glory in highest heaven!"
    But some of the Pharisees among the crowd said, "Teacher, rebuke your followers for saying things like that!"
    He replied, "If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!"

Acts 2:17 NLT
    In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams.

Romans 14:11 NLT
    For the Scriptures say, "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, every knee will bend to Me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God.'"

He will not be silenced.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

I felt from the Lord to share with you guys a few worship songs that really speak to me. "Healer" by Kari Jobe in particular. I hope they bless you. <3

Just came across this thread, so awesome!!
    Formerly known as Savannah Staver

Ahh this is awesome! I knew there were a few Christian mers, but I didn't know you guys were on here Hi

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales
    Etsy | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

Welcome, Sirenia and July! ^.^

This thread has been a real blessing to me! I hope it is for you as well!

Thank you Lotus! Your eyes are so beautiful by the way!

{gif credit}
    Seaside Fairytales
    Etsy | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by July Tarrant View Post
    Thank you Lotus! Your eyes are so beautiful by the way!
    Omg, you're too sweet! Thank you!

This is "Unbreakable" by Fireflight. It's extremely empowering! I hope you all are blessed by it!

Here are the lyrics:
    Where are the people that accused me?
    The ones who beat me down and bruised me
    They hide just out of sight
    Can't face me in the light
    They'll return but I'll be stronger

[Chorus:]
    God, I want to dream again
    Take me where I've never been
    I want to go there
    This time I'm not scared
    Now I am unbreakable, it's unmistakable
    No one can touch me
    Nothing can stop me

Sometimes it's hard to just keep going
    But faith is moving without knowing
    Can I trust what I can't see?
    To reach my destiny
    I want to take control but I know better

[Chorus]

Forget the fear it's just a crutch
    That tries to hold you back
    And turn your dreams to dust
    All you need to do is just trust

[Chorus x2]
    Last edited by Lotus the Mermaid; 11-22-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Thank you Lotus.
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Awesome! A Christian Merfolk thread? I love it!! I love all these song btw!! Makes my bad days get better!

Heck yes!! Same here!! ^-^

I'm really digging those Kari Jobe songs. I looked her up- she's from Waco! Now all I need is an emoji with a cowboy hat ;P

I just recently found out that the 80s band W.A.S.P. (the same band that made the songs "Animal- F*ck like a Beast," "Kill F*ck Die," etc.) is now making Christian music. The lead singer became a born-again Christian a while back, and he refuses to sing some of those old songs that he had written. I thought that was so neat!

At first I was slightly confused by the lyrics, but later found out it's written in the perspective of one of the men hanging on the cross next to Him during the crucifixion.
    Last edited by MerShellly; 11-29-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    I'm really digging those Kari Jobe songs. I looked her up- she's from Waco! Now all I need is an emoji with a cowboy hat ;P

I just recently found out that the 80s band W.A.S.P. (the same band that made the songs "Animal- F*ck like a Beast," "Kill F*ck Die," etc.) is now making Christian music. The lead singer became a born-again Christian a while back, and he refuses to sing some of those old songs that he had written. I thought that was so neat!

At first I was slightly confused by the lyrics, but later found out it's written in the perspective of one of the men hanging on the cross next to Him during the crucifixion.
    Awesome!! Just like Brain Welch. I love stories like that! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus the Mermaid View Post
    Awesome!! Just like Brain Welch. I love stories like that! ^^
    Oh yeah him too! I love to seeing rock stars converting to Christianity.

To all the rock stars out there:

Hey Mers, I was wondering if any of you will be going to Gulf Coast Getaway this weekend at Panama City Beach Florida?

I believe it is for high school seniors and college students. It isn't too late to go if you didn't know about it. If you are going let me know I would love to meet another Mer & worship our awesome God with you too! If you aren't coming with your own group then you are certainly welcome to join ours!

The beach will most likely be cold and windy, but I think I will bring my tail anyways and perhaps during some of the free time I will brave the cold to go for a swim.

Link: http://gulfcoastgetaway.org/
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I got back today from Gulf Coast Getaway. It was really good there were some good speakers but the worship was probably my favorite part. They had a wonderful worship team and I loved the way they set up the lighting and fog on the stage. I got to know some people a lot better and my boyfriend opened up to everyone about his struggle he had in his past - something he doesn't like to really talk about but it made some people cry and be even more inspired by who he is today so that was uplifting. I think our college ministry got stronger with this trip which we certainly need.

Another blessing is one of my old friends is texting me at the moment, and I had been thinking of him just recently hoping he is doing well so hopefully I can hang out with him again and see how he is.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

That sounds amazing. How awesome for you!
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

I love this idea! Connecting with other Christian mers is quite lovely does anybody know how large this community is? Just to get a better perspective!

Thanks! And welcome! Well I don't know how big it is, to be honest. :/