Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Haha roll call time!

I keep forgetting to post this here, but there is a new country song out by Tim McGraw called "Humble and Kind". It is such a beautiful song and it almost makes me cry when I listen to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awzNHuGqoMc
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Hmm I'd be curious to know how many of us there are too....
    Mermaids - not so graceful on land...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    I'm here! <3

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Happy Easter!!! CHRIST HAS RISEN!!!

Happy Easter everyone!! <3 Christ has risen indeed!

A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Food for thought (from Kluv radio station): praising God is recognizing Him for what He's DONE, worshiping God is recognizing Him for WHO HE IS. I want to have the abundant joy to praise Him and the depth in relationship to worship him! This really spoke to me and thought it may speak to some of you as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Nelly View Post
    Food for thought (from Kluv radio station): praising God is recognizing Him for what He's DONE, worshiping God is recognizing Him for WHO HE IS. I want to have the abundant joy to praise Him and the depth in relationship to worship him! This really spoke to me and thought it may speak to some of you as well
    Nice. I love that. Thanks for sharing
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Wrote this to celebrate the Risen King! I just felt I should write something and God just took over. I hope it helps someone!

Jesus is alive and we are waiting as watchmen on the walls for His return! And just as Jesus died and rose again, He promises that His followers will not taste the sting of death. But even further, He promises that He can and will make all things new and set the captives free. But He also wants us to ask! Why? Because He wants us to make our own decisions through the gift of free will. Many times, He quietly intervenes to help us but there are many other times in which we are required to ask for His help in order for Him to step in. He is always willing and never burdened, but we need to invite Him into our lives on a daily basis!

If you're struggling with something and you feel like there's no hope, all you have to do is ask for Jesus to help you and He will! His will is perfect and He has all of your days written in His Book. Because He is always good and always perfect, sometimes His way of helping us doesn't feel fair to us. But He knows the future and knows you better than you know yourself. He knows that there are times we need to face hardships. There may be times when you ask for His help and it will seem as though He's not there. But He is. Jesus will carry your burdens and keep you safe. And along the way, He will teach you and help you to grow stronger!

I honestly can say that I didn't like myself before Jesus came and intervened in my life. He taught me through hardships. He led me to step out of my comfort zone so many times that that zone widened and I became comfortable doing things I never dreamed of. I had no idea that I was a slave to my own anxieties! I thought they kept me free to do what I wanted! But what I wanted was to stay in my little bubble where I was safe and comfortable.

Beloved, that is NOT living! A life worth living is LOUD and it's uncomfortable and it's painful! But it's also free and joyous and gentle! You can't find life sitting in your comfort zone. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the LIFE! He will lead you to be better and stronger, and to be able to enjoy life like you never dreamed you could!

You may have heard that Jesus died to save us from our sins, but what is a "sin"? How do you know that you even needed saving from them? How do you know that you've sinned? Every one of us has! Did you know that sins are things that we do that are spiritually unhealthy for us and enslave us, separating us from the life that Jesus wants to share with us? That is why they make God sad! Jesus wants us to be healthy and free, but it is in our very nature to sin!

If you'd like to learn how to accept Jesus into your life, please just pray this prayer either by yourself or with someone else:

"Jesus, I know that I have sinned and fallen short of the standard that You want me to live.
    I've stayed inside my comfort zone and have been a slave to my own desires.
    No more! I want to live! I choose You, my Savior who defeated death on the Cross!
    Please, come into my heart and show me LIFE!
    I will follow you all the rest of my days! Amen!"

Whoo! Tell someone you know who is earnestly following Jesus that you prayed that prayer and ask if they can help you to get plugged in to a local church! That can be your first step out of that comfort zone. It's tough, but so worth it! You can surround yourself there with others who chose LIFE!

If you have any questions about Jesus or the Gospel, please feel free to message me! I always enjoy talking about Jesus!

Bless you in Jesus' name!

Amen and Happy Easter!

That is beautiful Lotus! Thanks so much for sharing. I really felt it resonate with me - it's a good reminder.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Hello everyone! I hate I haven't said hello or anything in a while; just been very busy with life 'n all.

I wanted to ask a question- what does being a mermaid and a Christian mean to you?

For example, the early Catholic church used mermaids to symbolize the sins of the flesh, but of course symbolism can be different according to perspective. Mermaids may not be "real" real, but it fits perfectly into the imaginative realm of symbolism- just like how a clover could remind you of the Trinity, how a spider web can make you think of Satan trying to capture his prey, or how the moon is like our Savior, beautifully bright and guiding us through the dark. Personally I love how a "Mermaid of Zennor" online article said: "In medieval mystery plays in Cornwall, the mermaid was used to explain the two natures of Christ. Just as she was both human and fish, so Christ could be both human and divine."

That's a great question... One I've been not so sure on...
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

To me it means combining my dreams with the love the Lord gave me to show to others. I truly have prayed hard over my dream to be a mermaid and have seen how the Lord wants me to not only share His love and guidance with children, but that other mers also need love and support as we all do! I fully believe that the Lord is pleased by this. The Scriptures say that everything is permissible, but not everything is edifying. If you feel that you aren't able to dedicate mermaiding to the Lord and use it to please Him and further the Kingdom, then it is possible that He's leading you in a different direction. But I personally believe that He is leading me to be a mermaid. And that it's actually a very important ministry!

I hope that blesses someone. <3

That's a beautiful way of putting it Lotus. That is what I have thought - if it does as little as bring joy to someone's day or make them smile, then it is worth doing.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Yes! Amen! I am so happy to know so many mers that feel the same!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I agree with Lotus. It is more important to ask yourself why you do something, how you do it, and what the effect it causes then whether or not you can do it. God created everything that is good in the universe, and did so as a way of showing his love for you. However, you must always remember that these things must not take the place of him in your heart. He created rules because he loves you, not because he wishes to torment you. As long as you do something to praise him in a way that he will approve, there is nothing wrong with mermaiding.

I apologize for my insanely late reply lol. I loved y'alls input! Since all humans are made as creative beings, mermaiding to me is definitely a high level of creativity with many positives! I'm also happy in knowing that others feel the same way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    I apologize for my insanely late reply lol. I loved y'alls input! Since all humans are made as creative beings, mermaiding to me is definitely a high level of creativity with many positives! I'm also happy in knowing that others feel the same way too.
    Exactly! For awhile I had struggled with if my very wild imagination was against what a Christian should be with my love of fantasy and fiction. I think mermaiding helped me realise that it was ok
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Leina View Post
    Exactly! For awhile I had struggled with if my very wild imagination was against what a Christian should be with my love of fantasy and fiction. I think mermaiding helped me realise that it was ok
    Hello there all! I am a newbie - don't even have a tail yet, but I'm so happy to have found a Christian thread!! I feel the same as you Leina - I have always had a very wild imagination, and wondered if putting so much thought into the fantastic was sinful. But a good friend of mine who is also a pastor told me that God has given me these passions to demonstrate his own creativity through the people he has created. We are made in His image. Our creativity stems from Him. So as long as there's no hubris involved, our creativity is just another way to show God's nature in the world. It made me feel so much better!
    I teach at a Christian school so I worried if someone found out what I want to spend my summers doing they would think it was sinful. But I asked him about it And he thinks my mermaiding adventure is a wonderful and worthy endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by AelianaNympha View Post
    Hello there all! I am a newbie - don't even have a tail yet, but I'm so happy to have found a Christian thread!! I feel the same as you Leina - I have always had a very wild imagination, and wondered if putting so much thought into the fantastic was sinful. But a good friend of mine who is also a pastor told me that God has given me these passions to demonstrate his own creativity through the people he has created. We are made in His image. Our creativity stems from Him. So as long as there's no hubris involved, our creativity is just another way to show God's nature in the world. It made me feel so much better!
    I teach at a Christian school so I worried if someone found out what I want to spend my summers doing they would think it was sinful. But I asked him about it And he thinks my mermaiding adventure is a wonderful and worthy endeavor.
    That great. Thanks for sharing. Its cool to hear someone else feeling similarly.
    Luna Dreamtide
    (Formerly Leina)

Quote Originally Posted by AelianaNympha View Post
    I love this! Thank you for posting! 1 Corinthians 10:31 says that we should do all things for the glory of God, and when I started growing in my relationship with the Lord it hit me like a shot that that is how I should be viewing mermaiding too.

Also, off topic from this, I found this site from a friend. http://www.numberofabortions.com/ Just like he said, it's like a holocaust. I just wish/hope these stats are just an exaggeration? Very sobering.