Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: A Christian Merfolk Fellowship Thread

Senior Member Pod of Texas Lotus the Mermaid's Avatar
    Add Lotus the Mermaid on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Carly View Post
    I love this! Thank you for posting! 1 Corinthians 10:31 says that we should do all things for the glory of God, and when I started growing in my relationship with the Lord it hit me like a shot that that is how I should be viewing mermaiding too.

Also, off topic from this, I found this site from a friend. http://www.numberofabortions.com/ Just like he said, it's like a holocaust. I just wish/hope these stats are just an exaggeration? Very sobering.
    That verse definitely applies! I love it! Thank you for sharing, Carly!

And gosh, I hope it hasn't been that many but I wouldn't be terribly surprised. Maybe I'm jaded, but either way, even one is too many unless of course the life of the mother is threatened by the pregnancy. (The only time I feel it's understandable because it's a lose-lose situation, and only with the consent of the mother and the father if he's available, of course). Definitely like a holocaust. So many wasted lives.

Formerly known as Lotus_Blooming

Hello Mers,
    Please pray for my Mom. I am up late and my Mom woke up, walked into the room and asked me to sit and pray for her because she is worried that she might have ovarian cancer. She has been to the doctor recently and didn't seem worried about her health, but tonight she was definitely very upset. After years my Mom is finally getting her dream home on the bay and we have started moving things over to the new house. This really has been a big dream of hers so I really hope that my Mom is okay and will be able to live many years in her dream home that she has worked hard for all these years. She really scared me tonight.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Hello Mers,
    Please pray for my Mom. I am up late and my Mom woke up, walked into the room and asked me to sit and pray for her because she is worried that she might have ovarian cancer. She has been to the doctor recently and didn't seem worried about her health, but tonight she was definitely very upset. After years my Mom is finally getting her dream home on the bay and we have started moving things over to the new house. This really has been a big dream of hers so I really hope that my Mom is okay and will be able to live many years in her dream home that she has worked hard for all these years. She really scared me tonight.
    Then, I'm not only praying for her but for YOU as well! I'm standing with you both in Jesus' name to declare full and complete healing over your mother and an overwhelming holy peace to overwhelm both of your hearts. No ovarian cancer or cysts in Jesus' name! She will live out the remainder of her years healthy and happy with her sweet family.
    Please, keep us updated and message me if you need to talk. <3

Hello Mers,
    I will definitely keep her in my prayers! Keep us all in the know!

Hello Mers,
    Yes definitely keep us all updated! I'll be praying for the both of you.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

My Mom hasn't really mentioned it again, but I do know she is worried. Right now I think her mind is mainly on moving into the new house.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

That's good (about your mom focusing on her house, something positive)!

Hey!!! How is everyone?

Eh, looking for a new church

I missed you Lotus! I know I don't really know you well, but I always enjoy your comments on everything.

I am excited because I will be a church camp counselor again this year ( next month I think ) and this year's camp theme is pirates! I am definitely going to bring my tail and I have been so excited I have already been working on my pirate talk and I got an awesome tricorn hat too! I do miss being young enough to be a camper, but since I have gotten older and started counseling I find that there is a whole new kind of joy in doing that.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

Amphitrite: I hope it's just because you want to, and that you didn't have a bad experience! Praying that the Lord gives you guidance and makes it apparent to you where He wants you.

Mermaid Alea: *hugs*! You're the sweetest! I've missed you, too. I feel the same about your posts!
    That's wonderful!! I hope you take lots of pictures! Praying for a fruitful camp trip of sowing sweet seeds into young hearts! May the Holy Spirit bless you fully! How long is the camp?? <3

I wasn't looking for this, but I'm really glad I found it. I'm church-hunting too; my parents' church has a great pastor, but it's too distant to build a community, and the one I'm attending now has a great community, but some of the teaching is frustrating.

@Hunter: I'm in kind of the same boat! The community is also full of sweet, devoted believers at my more distant church, but it is a challenge getting over there. Dallas traffic is awful. Still trying hard to plug in! It would be tough sitting through sermons that frustrate you!

I did have a bad experience. No one EVER talked to me. No one cared. I was never invited over or out and the numerous people I invited over were always too busy for me.

@Amphitrite That sounds familiar. Usually for me that happens when you come into a church where everyone else grew up together and all know each other already. It's hard to push into those kinds of groups.

That's awful! I'm honestly surprised by how many people don't have that extroverted skill of getting to know new people. Even at my church, full of well meaning and welcoming Christians who are very loving, they seem to freeze up after the greetings are done. They can't think of anything new to say even when there are countless events going on that they could invite someone to. But it's honestly something that we can change! Those of us who have experienced the lack of a warm welcome at churches have a lot to offer as greeters. Even if it's not our official position.

Yeah. Downer for me as I am far away from family. I'm just really disappointed. I'm hurting and have a limited number of people to talk to, none of whom are in real life. No one calls, no one asks if I am okay or do I need anything. It breaks my heart.

Church camp starts a week from now and it lasts a week. We had our camp counselor meeting today after church and I am even more pumped about going. Around 50% of the campers will be first time campers so it will be exciting to see some new faces. The theme is pirates all the campers will be divided into 4 crews. Each crew gets their own treasure chest and after winning an event they will get around 10 fake doubloons to put in their treasure chest. At the end of camp all the treasure will be counted up and the crew with the most treasure will win. The best part is, as counselors we will each be given a bag of doubloons and when we see a camper do something Christ-like, we are to discretely hand them a doubloon and tell them why we are giving it to them. Then they can put that into their crew's treasure chest for more points! I love the idea so much!
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    Tropical Plants

Quote Originally Posted by Amphitrite View Post
    Yeah. Downer for me as I am far away from family. I'm just really disappointed. I'm hurting and have a limited number of people to talk to, none of whom are in real life. No one calls, no one asks if I am okay or do I need anything. It breaks my heart.
    *hugs* Didn't see your message until now. I am so sorry to hear about that! You deserve a loving church family! I don't attend a church, just watch a pastor's daily podcast and am part of an online Christian group. A lot of Christians I know believe that is not "good enough" (Ugh.), but it's the best I can do right now myself and I'm content with my situation.