Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't my video getting views?

Why isn't my video getting views?

Hi there!
    I published my new mermaid video 2 weeks ago. Personally, I think it's the best one yet... But it's not exactly exploding in views :P
    Maybe you mers can help me out and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm guessing it's either something in the title or in the thumbnail, because that's where I usually get most of my views.
    Maybe it just takes time, but maybe it just doesn't look attractive enough? Or is it just bad luck that it's not getting suggested anywhere?
    This is the YouTube listing, and the thumbnail:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 16.03.50.png
Views: 444
Size:  62.1 KB
    Name:  Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 16.06.09.png
Views: 466
Size:  19.5 KB

If you have time, I'd also really like your opinion on the video itself and the tail
    Mermaid with goldfish tail | Stella the Siren

Thanks a lot!
    Stella the Siren

i personally think the title is too long.
    The SeaGlass Siren

also i cringed at the sight of blood sorry!
    The SeaGlass Siren

Junior Member Euro Pod Samantha Sleeman's Avatar
    Add Samantha Sleeman on Facebook
    Did you put tags in it ' like in the upload details

2260 views in two weeks is good. I think you're hoping for too much.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    That tail is gorgeous!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that's more views than a bunch of my videos and I have thousands of followers. I think you're fine lol

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGlass Siren View Post
    also i cringed at the sight of blood sorry!
    Hmm... sorry about that. I put a warning in the description, but people don't read that before seeing the video. Sorry it scared you - I considered other ways, just nothing came close to explaining "she's dead" in just one frame.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G850F met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sleeman View Post
    Did you put tags in it ' like in the upload details
    I did! And lots of 'em, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    That tail is gorgeous!!
    Thanks! =D it sure was a lot of work but I'm glad I took the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    that's more views than a bunch of my videos and I have thousands of followers. I think you're fine lol
    Maybe you're right. I'm just impatient, haha Thanks!

Now you have another view Your tail is magnificent! Love the fins and flowy fluke!
    Mermaid Aine ​(pronounced Anya)
    of The Mermaids of the Great Salt Lake
    And you sang "Sail to me, Sail to me, Let me enfold you, Here I am, Here I am
    Waiting to hold you"
    Song to the Siren-Jeff Buckley
    https://www.tumblr.com/blog/thismemaidsjourney
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAine
    http://mermaidsofgsl.wixsite.com/mermaids
    https://www.instagram.com/mermaidaine

Quote Originally Posted by Yulia View Post
    2260 views in two weeks is good. I think you're hoping for too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    This I have over 6K subscribers and it usually takes a month or more to get that many views. You have almost 10k subscribers, you're right on track for view numbers if not doing better than usual!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I've seen titles way longer; I don't think the title is an issue

Okay guys, thanks a lot! That's good to know=D

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Meilyn's Avatar
    Follow Meilyn On Twitter Add Meilyn on Facebook
    Follow Meilyn on Tumblr
    I absolutely love you tail, however. ..

The sight of death/reenactments really turn me off. And the blood from the mouth underwater is just a little too much for me. I think you could have left the death part out entirely because personally, it just gives me the heebie jeebies and puts an image of a corpse in the water in my mind indefinitely while watching your video. I couldn't take my eyes off of the way your tail moves but at the same time, I couldn't help remembering a death in my family due to drowning at the same time so I had to turn it off after about a minute.

I love your tail but I couldn't keep watching it for too long simply because it recalled multiple things that I fear along with bad memories. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Meilyn View Post
    I absolutely love you tail, however. ..

The sight of death/reenactments really turn me off. And the blood from the mouth underwater is just a little too much for me. I think you could have left the death part out entirely because personally, it just gives me the heebie jeebies and puts an image of a corpse in the water in my mind indefinitely while watching your video. I couldn't take my eyes off of the way your tail moves but at the same time, I couldn't help remembering a death in my family due to drowning at the same time so I had to turn it off after about a minute.

I love your tail but I couldn't keep watching it for too long simply because it recalled multiple things that I fear along with bad memories. :/
    Hi Meilyn,

I'm sorry to hear that. I personally love the idea of a dramatic storyline, but I do understand that it's not for everyone.

Thanks for your feedback!

I was mesmerised. And that is a good amount of views for two weeks. Excellent in fact. Don't worry it will climb over the weeks. Just you wait!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Almost 3k views in less than two weeks is a LOT of views, especially when you think about how many videos are uploaded to youtube every day!

The video, story, and tail are all very gorgeous. The cinematography and editing are professional quality. The tail is a work of art!

My only critiques would be to work on your swim/kicking style...more undulation with straight legs, rather than bending at the knees and kick/thrusting; and edit out the few seconds where the Rapid is obvious in your fluke.

Otherwise, it stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Almost 3k views in less than two weeks is a LOT of views, especially when you think about how many videos are uploaded to youtube every day!

The video, story, and tail are all very gorgeous. The cinematography and editing are professional quality. The tail is a work of art!

My only critiques would be to work on your swim/kicking style...more undulation with straight legs, rather than bending at the knees and kick/thrusting; and edit out the few seconds where the Rapid is obvious in your fluke.

Otherwise, it stunning!
    Thank you so much! ^^
    My swimming technique is quite okay in reality, but the tail is so extremely heavy that there's no way to apply my technique... It's like tieing your legs together with a wet blanket, really. I'm buying a monofin that'll allow for more kick, maybe that'll help.

I'll keep it in mind about the rapid showing - you're right, it's kind of a shame.

Thanks so much for the compliments <3