Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

Thoughts on Merrowfins? "New" Tailmaker

It looks like Merrowfins is breaking away from Mertailor. I hope it works out for everyone involved...but I can't see this ending well. Thoughts?

Moderator Pod of Cali Mermaid Wesley's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Wesley's Youtube Channel
    yeah i saw that... i definitely dont see any of that ending well but hey good luck to them i guess.

I think what happened between the former sculpter artist behind all mertailor's fluke designs and Eric is their business and not ours.

He made the choice of leaving the company and left all former fluke molds to Eric. He's willing to replace them with brand new designs and he will probably recreate some if requested by a customer.

this is news to me.
    The SeaGlass Siren

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I'm feeling out of the loop too. So from what Arion said, I gather a former collaborator of the Mertailor is now making tails? Can someone explain the details?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meronica's Avatar
    Add Meronica on Facebook
    Someone asked me if it was Matt, and I have no idea. I messaged their FB page and didn't get much info other than their tails start at $2,700 and up, and that they created the newer Mertailor designs we have seen, and that they are currently making a tail for one of the Dive Bar mermaids.

Looks like we'll have to wait and see...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know much but it appears to me that Matthew has split from the Mertailor completely and is going to start making full silicone tails
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Eric and Matt went their separate ways in January.

Yeah, seems like this is Matt who is making tails at his own now. Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Who is Merrowfins?
    Here is a link to their page : https://www.facebook.com/MerrowFins

Matty and Eden Sirene created the company together.

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    I'm feeling out of the loop too. So from what Arion said, I gather a former collaborator of the Mertailor is now making tails? Can someone explain the details?
    Yes, it is Matty. He wasn't just a collaborator, as a sculptor artist, he created all the former designs currently being offered on the mertailor's website.

Add Celaeno on Facebook
    I hope he didn't sign a non-compete agreement with Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Celaeno View Post
    I hope he didn't sign a non-compete agreement with Eric.
    This.^

I wish both of the tail makers luck and hope they do well. It just seems like a messy situation for those involved.

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Thanks for explaining.

I wish them all the best of luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Yeah there was a lot of bad blood even though publicly everyone did their best to keep it professional. I know matty went through some horrible stuff. But from what I understand he did pretty much all the good stuff that people liked from mertailor. orignially mertailor let him have a fanpage where he posted his contributions to the company, but when it got popular he made matty take it down because it was 'confusing' to clients. I know the lobster tail for instance was a majority of matty's work inspired by his love of the spiderwick chronicles.

Matty and I dont have the best past, but we've chatted and I'm willing to give him a chance as his own person outside of mertailor. I know from personal experience that certain people can bring out the worst in others.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    So Matty made the leaf fluke? I hope he one day sells it as a separate monofin. I'd totally buy it!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Coradion's Avatar

Visit Coradion's Youtube Channel
    They've done a lot of beautiful work together. I hope they both produce beautiful things as separate entities as well

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Arella's Avatar
    Follow Arella On Twitter Add Arella on Facebook
    I think he does great work (from what I've seen in the sculpts) can't wait to see more! Hopefully his customer service will be better than Mertailors.

Hello let me introduce Merrow Fins.. We are a company that will put our customers first and our options will be limitless.. We want to be able to reach everyone's budgets and will not be copying Eric.. This is a Right To Work State and we have the right to create beautiful art and make mermaids and mermen's dreams come true. We will have many new authentic exciting new flukes with many new fin options.. We will also have many other artistic pieces to buy so we can truly reach all your needs. Many people share the same job just as Raven and Eric, Erin (Mernation), and Jessica Mer all live here is Florida and create beautiful works of art. Each tail maker is different in their own art and should be able to embrace that. What we at Merrow Fins want is satisfied, ecstatic, Mers in love with their tails and we will do everything to deliver it. Nothing is copied from the Mertailor and Eric .. Even though some of the best pieces done like the lobster was by Mathew.. We as a company wish each tail maker the best of luck as we all continue thriving in this deep blue sea and I am most excited to see some of you in our tails . Yes we will have a beautiful leaf fluke and it comes in options for each individual Mer.. We look forward to serving this awesome community!!!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook

Congrats, Eden and Merrow Fins! I look forward to seeing wonderful work from you guys!